Who wanted to burn their school down as a child?

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Who wanted to burn their school down as a child? These young kids did the next best thing!

4am.jpg

Picture: Daily News

SISAKET: -- Two children aged 8 and 9 entered a school in Sisaket via a window and completely trashed a classroom.

And when their parents - poor construction workers - were confronted with what their children had done they collapsed to the floor in floods of tears.

They had just been asked to pay the bill of over 60,000 baht for the damage, Daily News reported.

Police were called to the Ban Nong Muang Nong Tae School in Payu district yesterday. Teachers and students had been out on a field trip for the day but when they got back to the P6 (Year 7 in the UK system) classroom they saw a scene of utter devastation.

Books and teaching materials were scattered all over the place and paint and school milk had been splattered all over the floor, walls, whiteboard, computers and an LCD screen.

They believed it was a revenge attack. School director Suphin Singh-ngern said it looked like whoever did it gained access through windows that didn't close properly.

Local police soon rounded up two boys aged 8 and 9 (in P3 and P4) who Daily News said attend a well known school in Sisaket.

Apparently they said it had nothing to do with revenge. They just thought it would be jolly good fun.

The school and police reckoned on the bill for damage being 62,692 baht that was swiftly presented to the parents.

Daily News said they collapsed at the knees in floods of tears saying that they were poor construction workers and there was no chance they could come up with such a large sum of money.

A child welfare group has now stepped in to mediate and find a solution to the problem.

Source: Daily News

A child welfare group has now stepped in to mediate and find a solution to the problem.

I hope the welfare group can find a way to rehabilitate these youths for them and in the eyes of the community otherwise they will be gutter shite from now on if they were not already.
Jolly fun indeed!
The boys should be sentenced to community work for an appropriate period where the community can see their rehabilitation in action.

This is the first time I have ever heard/read of Children doing this sort of thing in Thailand ( I'm not saying it's never happened ) but I know this it quite common in the UK . Just Google " children trashing schools in the uk" and you will see what I mean!!
Normally younger children ( in the same age bracket as these 2 young devils) do show some sort of respect to their teachers and schools here in Thailand, more so here than in some so called developed countries !!!
Corporal Punishment in Thai schools is quite common ( as it was when I was a schoolboy ) ,maybe this is what caused these 2 to get angry ....who knows??? !!!
But what I have seen over the years I've lived in Thailand is many Thai male youngsters who had been in trouble with the law are bailed out by their parents and get away virtually Scot free with their misdoings ,whilst leaving their parents to struggles to pay the fines or monies to keep them from going to prison . How on earth are they supposed to learn the difference between right and wrong when their own parents are prepared to' carry the can' for their little darlings !! :rolleyes:

Bust the kids and parents ass so they can not set down for a year. Fine the parents the cost of damage and clean up. If the parents can not or will not pay the little prats inherit the debt. The little prates should be removed from the parents and the parents should be sterilized.:D:D:D:D:D

Make them clean up the mess then help with the repairs and yes let them inherit the debt that must be repaid as they earn money. Unfortunately these individuals will in all probability gravitate to a life of crime.

The school has settled for 40K and kicking the shite out of the little prats and their parents.

Boys ransack Si Sa Ket school, parents face huge bill 16 Mar 2017 at 13:01 3,690 viewed3 comments WRITER: ONLINE REPORTERS SI SA KET - Two young boys left their parents with a large bill when they broke...

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1215729/boys-ransack-si-sa-ket-school-parents-face-huge-bill. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

"The school director later assigned his deputy to meet the parents and the boys and they agreed on a reduced damages payment of 40,000 baht. The parents promised to pay in monthly instalments. The school was satisfied and agreed not to take action against the boys, said the police chief."

The closing line from the report says it all. In my mind this sets the standard for the boys for the rest of their lives - the road to ruin. To my way of thinking these vandals should be punished. While a custodial sentence may not be appropriate for some so young maybe some form of community service for the next year may teach them a valuable lesson in life. A good one for JohnB to review and give comment.

Bust the kids and parents ass so they can not set down for a year. Fine the parents the cost of damage and clean up. If the parents can not or will not pay the little prats inherit the debt. The little prates should be removed from the parents and the parents should be sterilized.:D:D:D:D:D

Ahh, good ole sterilization GL.
Your words surely would've put a nice smile on Reichsführer-S.S. Heinrich Himmler's face prior to his commiting suicide.

Your words surely would've put a nice smile on Reichsführer-S.S. Heinrich Himmler's face prior to his commiting suicide.

Best part of him ran down the crack of his moms ass.;):rolleyes::D

Didn't the old Nazi's put down those that were physically and mentally handicapped !!
Glad I wasn't about in those time :anguished:....not with my feet:fearscream: ...I would have been marched straight off to the Gas Chamber :smile::smile:

[QUOTE A good one for JohnB to review and give comment.[/QUOTE]

I am a bit out of circulation right now Nomad but I think 8 or 9 is too young to serve punishments like community service. The judiciary here will simply put things back in the hands of the family with some kind of check ups. If, as seems likely, the family is disfunctional, then the system will have to pick up the pieces as often and for as long as it takes for the kids to reach criminal responsibility age..... that's life.

Thanks JohnB. I guess it just goes to show what latch-key children can get up to when left to their own devices. If good old Judge Jeffreys was still around I think they may have got off lightly with a quick deportation to the colonies.

Didn't the old Nazi's put down those that were physically and mentally handicapped !!
Glad I wasn't about in those time :anguished:....not with my feet:fearscream: ...I would have been marched straight off to the Gas Chamber :smile::smile:
Think some of my (very) distant relatives ended up there. You mentioning your feet reminds me of a (true) story about my grandfather. In the first war, he was thrown out of the cavalry for having flat feet. I could never understand how that would be a problem if on horseback?????

Back on topic!

Out in the villages these feral kids are 'looked after' by aging grand-parents, who probably give them the minimum of attention (unfortunately)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back