Mumbo Jumbo Crap and local superstitions.

I hope I'm first with this one, 10 minutes ago everybody in the village started making big noise, rattling things, tooting horns, the wife started her new car, revved it and beeped the horn a few times, why? Because of the lunar eclipse tonight.

Almost over now. A few fireworks in my village. Last night was the full moon, and my wife together with many others says she could see the shape of a rabbit on the moon. When she enquired as to what happened to the moon tonight, I told her the rabbit was hungry!

Last edited:
I hope I'm first with this one, 10 minutes ago everybody in the village started making big noise, rattling things, tooting horns, the wife started her new car, revved it and beeped the horn a few times, why? Because of the lunar eclipse tonight.

Oh that would be that celestial moon eating dog. In order to scare away the divine dog and get the moon out of its mouth, people have to beat drums and gongs and such.

Almost over now. A few fireworks in my village. Last night was the full moon, and my wife together with many others says she could see the shape of a rabbit on the moon. When she enquired as to what happened to the moon tonight, I told her the rabbit was hungry!

You obviously fit in very well in your village.

Which is partially wrong as you are supposed to park on hills with your front wheels pointed toward the curb if you are driving with a standard stick transmission.

Cent .I think you are missing the point of this thread. Please reread your signature panel. Cheers.
Bye the way Agreed1.

How about most of the villages in and around Surin that dress up straw dummies or fence posts with red tee shirts to scare away an angry ghost or some such crap.

We have one.

Didn't have one until the missus' sister put one up.

How about most of the villages in and around Surin that dress up straw dummies or fence posts with red tee shirts to scare away an angry ghost or some such crap.

We use to just tie the father-in-law to a fence post.Works even better...a shot of Lao Khoa once in awhile life is good.

Cambodians flock to see woman `possessed by spirit'

Phnom Penh (dpa) - Cambodians have been flocking to a provincial temple to see a "possessed" woman who claims to have given birth to a platinum ring, a news report said Monday.

Chea Ith, 43, and her husband have collected donations from believers who heard she was possessed by the spirit of a local goddess and came to see her for themselves, the Cambodia Daily reported.

But local authorities in central Kompong Chhnang province called the couple charlatans and asked her to vacate the premises.

"This woman is lying to make money," commune chief Khlong Varth told the Daily.

"I don’t believe that the spirit of the god is inside this woman because nobody is able to give birth to rings.

"The woman remains adamant that she "birthed" the ring and also pulled another ring from the side of her torso. She also displayed a chicken’s egg that she claimed to be magical.

"My wife was not pregnant, but she delivered two rings at the pagoda in the afternoon," her husband was quoted as saying.

Superstitious Cambodians have recently flocked to see a "magic log," a "magic anchor" and a "magic toddler" who was believed to be able to cure the ill and infirm.

On 15th October (the day before the lottery), some 10 women from my village insisted on coming in to our garden to "inspect" a tree, which they felt sure held the answer to the winning lottery number.

They all said they saw the same number, and duly spent money they had borrowed to buy the said number.

IT DULY LOST! Moon2Grin_Jump1Crazy1LMAO1

PN, did the women...

...put powder on the tree so that they could see the numbers with more clarity ?

I've seen them do that same crap with frogs , pour powder on the frog and the number will appear. 10of10Score
If the number doesn't appear guess what's for dinner ? Cry3.

...put powder on the tree so that they could see the numbers with more clarity ?

I've seen them do that same crap with frogs , pour powder on the frog and the number will appear. 10of10Score
If the number doesn't appear guess what's for dinner ? Cry3.

Indeed they did powder the tree. I looked -after they had gone - and of course saw nothing.

I have seen the locals getting lottery numbers of a tortoise shell. I had to save this tortoise and toss it in my dam before the locals took out revenge for giving them bung numbers. Bad tortoise.

I bought a bed and had it delivered and put together. When I told them where to put it they looked out the window and were deep in thought for a few minutes then asked to talk to my wife. Come to find out I was asking them to put it in the the direction that dead people lay or something. Of course I told them I didn't give a crap and made them put it where I said.

Back