Kap Choeng Immigration Suppression unit.

Something to remember

Most citizens from around the world visit countries and enjoy a one week to six month holiday.

Some citizens seek refuge in a country...sometimes they are possibly taken in...and after some time become citizens of said country.

Some citizens invest large amounts of money into a country and are granted the full rights of citizenship.

Thailand from years back has always declared - You are not Thai and can never become a citizen. You can obtain a visa based on ....

Basically the majority of citizens from most western countries only wished that their own countries treated foreigners the way Thailand does...checking and re-checking , 90-day reporting et al , eh ? (IMO)
So what's all the fuss shrug1

attachment.php

Attachments

• visa.jpg
    visa.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 10
Fair comment GL - I think most European countries feel the same - especially given the massive exodus from the Middle Eastern countries and the influx of these homeless peoples into the European countries.

Fair comment GL - I think most European countries feel the same - especially given the massive exodus from the Middle Eastern countries and the influx of these homeless peoples into the European countries.

Unfortunately, no one has the balls to say "Fc$# Off, we don't want you".

Thailand has those balls. Whilst it doesn't exactly say what I wrote, it is hardly welcoming to long-term foreigners. That said, immigration rules are in place to allow foreigners to stay under specific financial terms. Those terms are perfectly reasonable and once here you have to fend for yourself - no government handouts.

I wish the UK had the balls to do that.

Thailand is first and foremost for the Thais and foreigners come second. Are there really any Brits, Americans or Aussies etc on this forum who would not advocate that principle for their own country?

Thailand is first and foremost for the Thais and foreigners come second. Are there really any Brits, Americans or Aussies etc on this forum who would not advocate that principle for their own country?

Not I.

(Or is that a double negative?)

I would advocate that principle (if I was still there).

Not I.

(Or is that a double negative?)

I would advocate that principle (if I was still there).

I would also advocate it in absentia Yorky - it might ease concerns about expats having to pay 150% for NHS treatment and reduce the risk of further restrictions on payment of the state pension.

Most citizens from around the world visit countries and enjoy a one week to six month holiday.

Some citizens seek refuge in a country...sometimes they are possibly taken in...and after some time become citizens of said country.

Some citizens invest large amounts of money into a country and are granted the full rights of citizenship.

Thailand from years back has always declared - You are not Thai and can never become a citizen. You can obtain a visa based on ....

Basically the majority of citizens from most western countries only wished that their own countries treated foreigners the way Thailand does...checking and re-checking , 90-day reporting et al , eh ? (IMO)
So what's all the fuss shrug1

Quite right, Coffee.

Every country should take charge of its people, and decide who else should be allowed in. It should also know who it is playing host to.

Thailand is trying to do this.... and getting itself in a muddle trying. But I don't think we should blame it for making the effort.

Europe is getting swamped with illegals, and has got to try and deal with them somehow.

But if you were living in Syria, Somalia, Eritrea, The Gambia, or one of the other hellholes, wouldn't you try to get out?

Quite right, Coffee.

Every country should take charge of its people, and decide who else should be allowed in. It should also know who it is playing host to.

Thailand is trying to do this.... and getting itself in a muddle trying. But I don't think we should blame it for making the effort.

Europe is getting swamped with illegals, and has got to try and deal with them somehow.

But if you were living in Syria, Somalia, Eritrea, The Gambia, or one of the other hellholes, wouldn't you try to get out?

The UK is also getting swamped with 'legals'.

It is the immigration laws that need changing.

Good luck Yorky...

...with your 90-day report of address on Tuesday.

Use the front entrance due north of the Crime Suppression Unit's entrance and you'll have no problem.

Just remember to smile. Drive safe.

Thank you Yorky for your informative post from another thread and reproduced below:

" I found out yesterday that the "suppression police" have already been to our village. They initially went to the Puyai Baan with a list of farangs whom they wished to interview in connection with their visa extensions. The Puyai Baan was then requested/required to accompany them to the various residences.

As I extended my visa prior to this latest crack down, my name wasn't on zee list!
"

I did mention to SWMBO that I fully expect to be given a 30-day under consideration stamp when I try to extend my visa at the end of this year. I also mentioned that I expected Madame Puyai Baan to be summoned when the Immigration Suppression Unit Police visited our family home, prior to approving the extension. What's interesting is that I have never met our Puyai Baan and, even more interesting, she has never met me. I question also the fact whether she knows of the existence of the other part of her village because we have never seen her exercising her responsibilities across the meadows and in the detached part of Kokpalat in which we live. One may ask, therefore, what purpose does it serve to have the Puyai Baan sit in on the interview by the Immigration Police? Just a thought.

When we do get a visit in December, I hope the Immigration Suppression Unit does not expect to find a present from Santa sitting under the Christmas tree.

Thank you Yorky for your informative post from another thread and reproduced below:

" I found out yesterday that the "suppression police" have already been to our village. They initially went to the Puyai Baan with a list of farangs whom they wished to interview in connection with their visa extensions. The Puyai Baan was then requested/required to accompany them to the various residences.

As I extended my visa prior to this latest crack down, my name wasn't on zee list!
"

I did mention to SWMBO that I fully expect to be given a 30-day under consideration stamp when I try to extend my visa at the end of this year. I also mentioned that I expected Madame Puyai Baan to be summoned when the Immigration Suppression Unit Police visited our family home, prior to approving the extension. What's interesting is that I have never met our Puyai Baan and, even more interesting, she has never met me. I question also the fact whether she knows of the existence of the other part of her village because we have never seen her exercising her responsibilities across the meadows and in the detached part of Kokpalat in which we live. One may ask, therefore, what purpose does it serve to have the Puyai Baan sit in on the interview by the Immigration Police? Just a thought.

When we do get a visit in December, I hope the Immigration Suppression Unit does not expect to find a present from Santa sitting under the Christmas tree.

I believe you will find that she knows you (and where you live - the Amphur does). I know the "assistant Phuyai Baan" better and maybe you do, or SWMBO does.

Many years ago I spent a little time occasionally having a beer with the Puyai Baan (at the time) in Nit's bar over the road from me. He won't remember, even if he is still alive!

I was paying.

Obviously.

......we have never seen her exercising her responsibilities across the meadows and in the detached part of Kokpalat in which we live.

The previous Phuyai Baan, or maybe the one before (from the pink shop) actually had the street lights installed in our part of the village, one immediately outside my house. Every time he saw me after that he enquired whether I was happy with it.

Unfortunately this will happen (and does). The more it happens, the more this current nonsense will persist. If we fight it now, maybe the powers that be will realise that it's all not worth it.

Or, maybe, we'll all be deported!

Back