Kap Choeng Immigration Suppression unit.

I am getting the feeling that farang who live in Thailand our days may be numbered.
Making things more difficult and putting the pressure on.

They're thinning out the herd.. There's a new Nationalism going on here... Thailand for the Thais.. Short term tourist welcome... Expats? Not so much.. Expect things to get more difficult as time goes on.. For those of us who wish to stay here long term be prepared to jump through some serious hoops to do so..

They're thinning out the herd.. There's a new Nationalism going on here... Thailand for the Thais.. Short term tourist welcome... Expats? Not so much.. Expect things to get more difficult as time goes on.. For those of us who wish to stay here long term be prepared to jump through some serious hoops to do so..

They are staring to do the cavity search in Chiang Mai and you should hear the Farang Ghetto Squeal.p4rty

I agree. It is not a joke anymore.

I had a week in Surin General earlier this year. I was not aware that anyone reported my short stay to Immigration. I didn't report my release from hospital either and I didn't get a home visit later. I would assume, therefore, nothing was said. However, that was back in February some 6 months ago and things seem to be hotting up at the moment.

I had a week in Surin General earlier this year. I was not aware that anyone reported my short stay to Immigration. I didn't report my release from hospital either and I didn't get a home visit later. I would assume, therefore, nothing was said. However, that was back in February some 6 months ago and things seem to be hotting up at the moment.

Things started to get hot when MH 370 went missing. Thank back to that time. It just keeps getting hotter and hotter.

Yorky will already know that Mugabe is an anagram of "e ba gum". Not only an anagram but whatever the posh word is for same spelled backwards.

Yes I do, of course. But I believe it's called a palindrome, as in the palindrome of Bolton is not Ispwich, but notloB.

Yes I do, of course. But I believe it's called a palindrome, as in the palindrome of Bolton is not Ispwich, but notloB.

I think I used to go skating in a palindrome, though it could be an aberration.

I am getting the feeling that farang who live in Thailand our days may be numbered.
Making things more difficult and putting the pressure on.

I don't actually feel that way.

If they REALLY didn't want us here they could start by putting quotas on the issue of visas/extensions, close down Savannaket immigration office and put up the financial ante to 100,000 Baht per month.

I don't actually feel that way.

If they REALLY didn't want us here they could start by putting quotas on the issue of visas/extensions, close down Savannaket immigration office and put up the financial ante to 100,000 Baht per month.

Or do what they're doing.
Any falang with some degree of self respect won't tolerate too many more hurdles to overcome..unless of course they are stuck in the place with no options left.

Any falang with some degree of self respect won't tolerate too many more hurdles to overcome..unless of course they are stuck in the place with no options left.

It is more about choices.

For as long as I choose to live here I will 'tolerate' the immigration regulations. If they become too onerous I can look to my options.

I will not tolerate the regulations etc in my home country.

Thats why there is SinCity.p4rtyp4rtyp4rty

Maybe we are looking at this the wrong way. Maybe the people that post on this forum are the ones that play by the rules and meet the crtiteia for remaining in Thailand long time. Maybe the Immigration Department is trying to root out those that do not play by the rules or fail to meet the criteria for remaining here. Maybe we are getting caught up in the bigger picture. While this maybe a little irksome it does not, in reality, impose any real restrictions on those wishing to remain here in Thailand. As some one said, if they really wanted to make life difficult they could raise the minimum financial requirements to 100,000 Baht/month, and without grandfathering. However, they have not done this. The checks they have put in place seem limited to verifying that we are who we say we are and live where we say we live.

Maybe we are looking at this the wrong way. Maybe the people that post on this forum are the ones that play by the rules and meet the crtiteia for remaining in Thailand long time. Maybe the Immigration Department is trying to root out those that do not play by the rules or fail to meet the criteria for remaining here. Maybe we are getting caught up in the bigger picture. While this maybe a little irksome it does not, in reality, impose any real restrictions on those wishing to remain here in Thailand. As some one said, if they really wanted to make life difficult they could raise the minimum financial requirements to 100,000 Baht/month, and without grandfathering. However, they have not done this. The checks they have put in place seem limited to verifying that we are who we say we are and live where we say we live.

I say you are some what correct NM. But alas they have forked it up once again and they are persecuting those that play by the rules as the others who they really want fly under the radar, and are not visible. So they get those that are visible the expats that do the right thing and jump through those damned hoops.

Obviously the tireless and thankless toil by admin has not produced results yet.

It did arrive when I had a second look an hour later! Must be because we are a long way apart!

Has anyone seen this recent news event in Australia?

Customs officials were going to launch a on the spot visa checks and home visitations.
There was an uproar. All I kept screaming at the TV was just like Thailand. The only place they never mentioned. More folks overseas need to know how expats are treated in Thailand. You know the idealic holiday location.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...-fortitude-was-a-mistake-20150829-gjammd.html

Back