Extending 'permission to stay' at Kap Cheong

I think your spot on Nomad. They (IO's) must deal with some very awkward/unfriendly types / Scam/broken marriages / people working illegally/ Criminals from other countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and there is a shit pot about..
stirthepot.gif

^^^ stirred fresh everyday...sometimes even on THIS forum. Sad.

Just returned from KCI seeking to extend my Visa permission to stay based on retirement.
I should tell you I'm single and living alone in an Apartment. I took my girlfriend who was to remain in the background and only help if there was translation or Thai forms to complete
Arriving at 08.35 (Wednesday) I was pipped to the starting point i.e the lady who checks the papers but immediately ushered into a side office where an officer who used to be in the main office appears to have been promoted sideways. Application Form, all copies of passport, photos, verification of address, letter from bank and bankbook pages all in order. My apartment location map was requested and given. My paperwork for multiple re-entry was not accepted as 'the big boss not here'
Go to main office where Mr Uniform rechecks the docs and takes the fee. I was informed that I would be given a 30 day 'subject to approval' extension and officers would phone me and make an appointment to visit my residence in a couple of weeks or so.
When all was OK, I again asked about the re-entry permit situation for the initial 30 day period. Yes, a single permit could be issued immediately which would cover the 30 day period. The conditions were to return to Thailand before the 30 day expiry date or obtain another visa in your country and start from zero with future applications for permission to stay
Or
Take application form with all copies of documents, fee, photos exactly as you would for KCI. Check in and get your Boarding Card at the airport, then ask direction for the Immigration department 'upstairs' who would be happy to issue one on the spot
The big boss who checks and signs off the paperwork asked to see my bank savings account without explanation. Now....... having previously read through these forum threads and heard anecdotal stories I was able to furnish same with photocopied pages (smiling, and resisting the urge to tell him it was none of his effing business). I was asked to get the whole lot photocopied across the road and return. All very courteous and smiles all round and completed and outside for a fag in an hour and twenty minutes.
Hope this helps someone

^^^ Thank you for posting. Reads as though were fully prepared with necessary documents and you're on your way towards a one year extension based on retirement.
Let us know how it goes after your residence visit by IMM. Good luck!

Note to self...the reason I bought a house and a rice farm for my wife was...mmmm...oh yes , I almost for-got...I LUV THAILAND !!!! (...and to take care of her and her family once I'm gone.)

There are always alternatives to living here and setting your fixed assets to blow in the wind as you depart.
If I were a USD multi-millionaire I'm sure as shyolla that I wouldn't have come to make my life's final chapter here...but alas I am not.
This is my long-term healthcare solution as I retired early. Hopefully I made a proper choice.

In the end - don't ya think that living here is a better choice than some of those other alternatives.

My youthful dreams of crossing the desert with Bedouins on a camel , visiting Africa and standing atop Everest are now fulfilled only in dreams.
There are many journeys that I still wish to make while I still can instead of slaving away with four weeks leave if I'm lucky.
We're ALL getting older.
Very few of us are getting younger whereas one can glide with the tide wherever and whenever one feels so inclined 'south of the border'.

What does this have to do with KCI ?
Probably not much...except this is their country -not mine.
I only have to decide if I want to play by their rules or go back to playing by someone else'.

For now --- I'll play by theirs.

Rice, regarding today's "Escape plan" and Cambodjia discussion - has my point of view really changed ?
I don't think so, do you? ;)

Went to KCI this morning to lodge the paperwork for my annual extension based on retirement via the money in the bank route.
Very efficient and friendly visit arrived 9.20 out at 10.15.
There was one thing which I think has been mentioned in a previous post, they asked to see by bank savings (current) account.
I hadn't taken it, the Officer said don't worry bring it when you come to collect your visa after our house visit

Thanks Colin, it was me that mentioned the bank book. After lodging the paperwork my wife received a phone call later that evening asking me to bring the bank book with me when I collected the extension in 30 days time. I actually had the bank book with me although they never asked to see it when I was there. I took the bank book with me when I collected the extension and, believe it or not, they didn't ask to see it at that time either. Of course, I didn't volunteer the book either.

I may have said this before Colin (and before the last crackdown in June last year); in addition to the paperwork that is currently required by the Immigration laws I take a large briefcase with every piece of paperwork that I have accumulated here in LOS (just in case). I even take an up-to-date health certificate (obtained for Bht 20.00 from the clinic next to my bank). If there is something that they require that isn't in there, it doesn't exist!

Thanks Colin, it was me that mentioned the bank book. After lodging the paperwork my wife received a phone call later that evening asking me to bring the bank book with me when I collected the extension in 30 days time. I actually had the bank book with me although they never asked to see it when I was there. I took the bank book with me when I collected the extension and, believe it or not, they didn't ask to see it at that time either. Of course, I didn't volunteer the book either.

I always take an online printout of the last 6 months activity on my savings (current) account - and present it with the financial information.

Unbelievable you knobs keep doing this. This has always been a top requirement nation wide. Its like you twats are going to a one legged ass kicking contest with your other leg cut off.:rolleyes::D

Unbelievable you knobs keep doing this. This has always been a top requirement nation wide. Its like you twats are going to a one legged ass kicking contest with your other leg cut off.:rolleyes::D

I'm not convinced that "always" is the correct word to use here.

[And which knobs are you actually talking about?"]

I'm not convinced that "always" is the correct word to use here.

[And which knobs are you actually talking about?"]

Your choice.:p If they use it or not is up to immigration but you always take that info with you. KNOB mentality been in Thailand 3 months or 40 years it makes no difference.:rolleyes:

GL
I have had three extensions based on money in the bank. They have never previously asked to see my current (savings) account. I took my current account last year along with a print out and they told me they didn't need it.
I don't think it is down to us knobs doing or not doing things

I remember the first time I applied for an extension based upon retirement (2002?) - the age for acceptance had just been reduced from 55 y.o. to 50 y.o. I actually took the same briefcase to the old office about 1 km north of Kap Cheong when "club foot" was in charge (I think). In the briefcase was a manila envelope with every piece of paper I had. I wouldn't give him the envelope but everything he asked for, I could retrieve from within. No need for keeping the money in the bank for 3 months prior in those days either.

GL
I have had three extensions based on money in the bank. They have never previously asked to see my current (savings) account. I took my current account last year along with a print out and they told me they didn't need it.
I don't think it is down to us knobs doing or not doing things

This has always been an option for immigration and going into immigration not prepared is not an excuse. :rolleyes:Not being prepared can catch you buy the short hairs. In your case its not a big deal as you can show them the book when they do the house call but I personally know of people that have had to leave and return another time because they did not have their book. BTW make sure you do an update to your book as close to your interview as possible. I have been providing my bank book and letter with an update on the day of submittal for 10 years, sometime they ask for the book and sometimes not but I go prepared.:D

BTW make sure you do an update to your book as close to your interview as possible.

I have yet to be "interviewed" in this respect. However, the gentlemen who have related their "interview" experiences on this forum have indicated that they are given some 30 minutes to 60 minutes notice of said "interview". Are they not only required to round up witnesses to verify their accommodation but also nip down to the bank to update their passbooks?

I have yet to be "interviewed" in this respect. However, the gentlemen who have related their "interview" experiences on this forum have indicated that they are given some 30 minutes to 60 minutes notice of said "interview". Are they not only required to round up witnesses to verify their accommodation but also nip down to the bank to update their passbooks?

Up to you . KCI has always and I do mean always accepted a letter form the bank no more than 3 days old along with your pass book of no more than 3 days old. Do not give them an excuse.

Back