Air Conditioners

nomad97

Resident Geek
I am beginning my look around for a 9,000 BTU air con for the mancave. A new Samsung 8,500 Inverter comes in at some 17,000 baht. During this search I came across this manufacturer and model offering a 9,000 BTU air con with 10 year warranty.
canvas 1.png

At 9,420 baht it is almost half the price of the Samsung. Does anyone have any knowledge of the manufacturer and this product?

Chinese manufacturer. What could go wrong ?

What's the warranty...ten years - wow !

Eminent 9000 btu = 18000 B
My man can fit this for around around the price above .
This is Thai aircon and very good and it comes with a 10 year warranty. ( you can't beat this norm 3 years).
Fitting cost depends on the distance from the unit to the compressor .
Also maybe you need an electrical supply putting in , of course this costs a little extra .
When we build our houses we put breakers and cables in every rooms for aircon supplys , but maybe this might not be the case for you mate .
If you need my contact drop me a line.
If you live in Surin he won't charge for transport .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

This is Thai aircon and very good and it comes with a 10 year warranty. ( you can't beat this norm 3 years).
Also maybe you need an electrical supply putting in , of course this costs a little extra .
When we build our houses we put breakers and cables in every rooms for aircon supplys , but maybe this might not be the case for you mate .

Great advice from ATB.;;exciting;; So much for the doomsayers comments.;;bad egg;; Go it for nomad.;;money;;

Gree make a lot of generic components found in most lower brands. Eminent are most probably full of Gree components.
The only brands that don't use off the shelf are The top three brands 1 Daikin 2 Fujitsu 3 Mitsubishi heavy industry. All which I recommend fully.

Having said that Gree components would be very easy to source for repair. One thing to remember is that all R32 air conditioners have been through a complete design revision and have new design components to suit the new gas that runs 1.8 times the old gas pressure worked at by the old gasses. The bottom line is what you knew before the last three years can be thrown out about specific brands as the new story evolves.

PS I got pressed ganged into the industry in the last six months. So it is really fresh in my mind.

We bought a 14,000 Btu Mitsubishi from HomePro earlier this year. About Bht 13,500.00 (after discount) fitted (including electric).

aircon inside s.jpg

aircon outside s.jpg

Gree make a lot of generic components found in most lower brands. Eminent are most probably full of Gree components.
The only brands that don't use off the shelf are The top three brands 1 Daikin 2 Fujitsu 3 Mitsubishi heavy industry. All which I recommend fully.

Having said that Gree components would be very easy to source for repair. One thing to remember is that all R32 air conditioners have been through a complete design revision and have new design components to suit the new gas that runs 1.8 times the old gas pressure worked at by the old gasses. The bottom line is what you knew before the last three years can be thrown out about specific brands as the new story evolves.

PS I got pressed ganged into the industry in the last six months. So it is really fresh in my mind.

Thanks Rice, that is what I wanted to hear.

Thanks Alan, we have our own air con man that we have known for years. He is the same person that fitted out you new build in Prasat earlier this year. His standard charge is 2,500 baht for fitting and installation.

We bought a 14,000 Btu Mitsubishi from HomePro earlier this year. About Bht 13,500.00 (after discount) fitted (including electric).

View attachment 19371

View attachment 19372
Not a bad deal , fitting a little shody mind .
My guy fitted this we never wanted the compresor near the window so we put it away from the room round the corner.
This was a Samsung a little more pricy but good .
My guy puts all plumbing work in casing not just tape .
fb99e6248607cae8921deb7a72296494.jpg
1e9b4af2d7838a857dbea3bbe3095ba7.jpg
6877cbadf77d2ff9f4fb0d71d7d041df.jpg
fd8ac0838069a307d1c69d524cef480b.jpg
cda12cb50d6663dd4665e569267ade4e.jpg

Not a bad deal , fitting a little shody mind .
My guy fitted this we never wanted the compresor near the window so we put it away from the room round the corner.
This was a Samsung a little more pricy but good .
My guy puts all plumbing work in casing not just tape .
fb99e6248607cae8921deb7a72296494.jpg
1e9b4af2d7838a857dbea3bbe3095ba7.jpg
6877cbadf77d2ff9f4fb0d71d7d041df.jpg
fd8ac0838069a307d1c69d524cef480b.jpg
cda12cb50d6663dd4665e569267ade4e.jpg

That is some pipe run there Alan most splits have a maximum preload that can go 5 meters. That looks like that exceeds that. It would of required a top up of gas. If it did not get a top up, it will fail to cool under load.

That is some pipe run there Alan most splits have a maximum preload that can go 5 meters. That looks like that exceeds that. It would of required a top up of gas. If it did not get a top up, it will fail to cool under load.
My thoughts too. My air con man has always advised me to keep the run as short as possible. Asethics is one thing but practical considerations should take precedent.

Back