APPLY FOR NOTIFICATION OF STAYING IN THE KINGDOM

Looks like this is for the 90-day Report.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days​

Procedure and notification
1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

I brought this up earlier. It was posted on ThaiVisa - #1

Although my next notification is not due until February, I have already registered.

I think the word "notification" is relevant here. Notifying Immigration that you are staying longer than 90 days. You are not applying for anything.

Your extension of stay is actually an "application" to be permitted to stay for a further 12 months (which could, of course, be refused).

[Edit: I have checked the wording of the TM47 form and there is no mention of it being an application; not in the English translation anyway]

Last edited:
I think the word "notification" is relevant here. Notifying Immigration that you are staying longer than 90 days. You are not applying for anything.

Your extension of stay is actually an "application" to be permitted to stay for a further 12 months (which could, of course, be refused).

[Edit: I have checked the wording of the TM47 form and there is no mention of it being an application; not in the English translation anyway]

You are applying to register so you can give notification of staying over 90 days.

Thailand the country where nobody is ever held responsible;e for anything. Unless of course it is for political expediency. Then, and only then, will an innocent scapegoat will be found. The thing that really hurts, is that Thai people are so capable and smart. The smart ones are kept down, while the stupid ones with influence are promoted. Throw corruption into the mix and you get a bunch of idiots that only think they know what they are doing. Over and over again.
This is how the perception of Thailand grows in the minds of the bar stool experts.

For those on a Retirement visa, how can the online system be used, when Immigration want to see funds in your accounts????

It's only for 90 day reporting.

However, should Immigration wish to see that you have not withdrawn more than the allowable amount within three months of your extension being approved, I don't know. Surin Immigration, as far as I know, do not require this at the present time.

Works for me, I am registered.

The system can't find any data when I log in..........but I guess that will come.
This morning, it worked for me too. After 5 minutes or so, and a couple of repeated attempts, I received the email of confirmation. I clicked the link on the email and got this page.

1638677732984.png

I completed the login and was given this page ......................................the entry page for the online TM47, the 90-day Report.

1638677636982.png

For those on a Retirement visa, how can the online system be used, when Immigration want to see funds in your accounts????
Sorry @Ivor the Engine, I am quite sure this has nothing to do with the application to remain in Thailand for 365 days (the so-called Retirement Visa). As it says on the login page, this is all about the TM47, the 90-day Report. And @CO-CO, there is no data.

P.S. At first sight, this adds nothing to the online TM47, 90-day report.

This morning, it worked for me too. After 5 minutes or so, and a couple of repeated attempts, I received the email of confirmation. I clicked the link on the email and got this page.

View attachment 45936

I completed the login and was given this page ......................................the entry page for the online TM47, the 90-day Report.

View attachment 45935

Sorry @Ivor the Engine, I am quite sure this has nothing to do with the application to remain in Thailand for 365 days (the so-called Retirement Visa). As it says on the login page, this is all about the TM47, the 90-day Report. And @CO-CO, there is no data.

P.S. At first sight, this adds nothing to the online TM47, 90-day report.
I am told by a couple of friends that SSK IO want to see the 800k after the first 3 months then 400k thereafter. Hence, my question.

I tried again today to register and it looks like it was accepted so now waiting for an email.

Works for me, I am registered.

The system can't find any data when I log in..........but I guess that will come.

I am registered (have been since last week) but have not yet received a password.

ThaiVisa suggest checking the SPAM folder but I don't have a SPAM/JUNK folder on my Gmail account?

I am registered (have been since last week) but have not yet received a password.

ThaiVisa suggest checking the SPAM folder but I don't have a SPAM/JUNK folder on my Gmail account?

For no apparent reason my SPAM folder was hidden from view. I've sorted it now, however, there are no emails from Immigration in there but luckily I have a few emails confirming that my $25,000.00 settlement cheque is ready to collect.

I am told by a couple of friends that SSK IO want to see the 800k after the first 3 months then 400k thereafter. Hence, my question.

Same as Chonburi.

2 months seasoning before APPLICATION, the 3 months after APPROVAL date of the extension of stay.

Evidencing 800k after 3 months is totally unrelated to 90 day reporting.

90 day reporting can be done separately, and independent of any application to extend your stay based on retirement.

In Chonburi immigration you are handed a piece of paper with your 'appointment date' to show the 800k.

Evidencing 800k after 3 months is totally unrelated to 90 day reporting.

Surin Immigration now appear to accept a 90 day report at the time of extension application (whether 90 days or less from the last report). Therefore if required to prove funds 90 days later it would be no trouble to submit your report at the same time. And if Ivor is correct, another 90 days to prove the ฿400,000.00; and thereafter another 90 days?

Should this happen nationwide there will be no reason for on-line reporting as you will be required to visit Immigration anyway!

Back