APPLY FOR NOTIFICATION OF STAYING IN THE KINGDOM

Yorky, does your post mean they wanted to see a Letter from your bank confirming the required amount of monies held and seasoned in your account for a minimum 90 days ?

If not I don't believe Immigration cares about anything further out unless you were utilising the monthly-deposit method.

The post means that the usual documentation that I have previously provided (which included the letter from my bank confirming the current balance and the original and a copy of my bank passbook (with entries for the last 3 years) both dated the date of application) was not sufficient to satisfy the "boss" that I had had the required ฿800,000.00 in the bank for a period of three months prior to my application to extend my stay (albeit that I could prove that I had had in excess of the required sum in the bank for the previous 20 years). I therefore had to return to the bank to obtain a bank statement detailing all transactions in the account for the previous 3 months.

As I don't have any "money in the bank" guarantees, all of this stuff tells me not to trust anything electronic, and that I will just present myself, with wife, at the Surin Immigration Office with a bagful of paperwork, and evidence, and completed forms, and some photographs, and some money, whether it be for my 1-year retirement extension or 90 days.
The 1-year one comes before 90 days so I assume that, like last time, the 90 days timing starts again from the extension date. Or maybe that was non-standard.
Or, much more likely, it will depend on the attitude of whoever is dealing with it.

The principle is: your next report date is either 90 days from when you last entered the Kingdom or as per the date detailed on the acknowledgement slip of your last 90 day report. There is no necessity to assume anything else.

The principle is: your next report date is either 90 days from when you last entered the Kingdom or as per the date detailed on the acknowledgement slip of your last 90 day report. There is no necessity to assume anything else.

Exactly.

Simply view 90 day reporting as a totally independent exercise.

It is unrelated to your extension (other than the extension is the reason for doing the report).

Given up on the online reporting. Think I will just have to struggle with the 5 minute ride to Immigration next week.

Have you registered?

I registered last week but didn't receive a password. I tried "re-registering" today and immediately was issued a password.

I will not find out if it works until I need to report in mid February.

Have you registered?

I registered last week but didn't receive a password. I tried "re-registering" today and immediately was issued a password.

I will not find out if it works until I need to report in mid February.
Was told I'm registered and email address on system but got no password or email from them

It tell me 'please try 'forgot password' at login page and from there I then go round and round!
Magic_roundabout.jpg

My wife and I went to Surin Immigration (Surin ring road, not Kap Cheong), and the 'big boss' (an attractive and relatively young lady) and her staff were all in attendance. Everyone was very pleasant and they did a competent job transferring my visa information from my old passport to my new passport in a friendly manner. Altogether, I would say there were 6 or 7 staff members in the office, a significant increase from the last time I visited the place nearly 3 months ago. It seems to me that the new office on the Surin ring road is now the primary office for conducting visa and immigration matters for farangs. Once I get my bank statement from Bangkok Bank, now 6 days and still waiting, I will prepare my paperwork to renew my permission to stay in Thailand for another 365 days. I am planning to do this next week.

Back