Bank Charges - Internet Payments and Transfers

Yorky

Fullritis Member
I have noticed that the Kasikorn Bank has ceased to charge for certain internet money transfers and bill payments. Apparently other banks are following suit.

I believe Nick posted that information previously.

I didn't notice, sorry. Where did he post it?

I conduct all my regular Thai internet banking transactions on the same day at the beginning of the month so I didn't notice until today.

I installed the Kasikorn App on to my smartphone the other day, today I got a call from my Insurance agent reminding me that I had not paid my annual health insurance premium and it was overdue. I couldn't be stuffed driving into town to do it so I had a look at the App. Opened it, clicked or touched on Bill Payment, it said "scan barcode" so I scanned the code on my bill from AIA and up it came on my phone screen, the correct amount, account number etc of the Invoice. I touched 'Pay Now" and it was done. I will be paying all my bills this way from now on I imagine.

I installed the Kasikorn App on to my smartphone the other day......

I guess it must be a similar application to that which I have on my laptop although I don't have a barcode scanner (I have to type in the information the first time, after that it is automated).

I guess it must be a similar application to that which I have on my laptop although I don't have a barcode scanner (I have to type in the information the first time, after that it is automated).

I have a system. At the beginning of every month, I pay all my bills. Kasikorn has a "pay on a scheduled date" system (not that it makes the slightest difference but why should they have the money early). Then it's done for the month, no worries. For annual payments, insurances etc., the provider never fails to remind me.

The odd thing about Kasikorn is that their software does not permit them to settle bills of less than Bht 100.00 so my Bht 65.00 monthly phone bill causes hiccoughs.

I have a system. At the beginning of every month, I pay all my bills. Kasikorn has a "pay on a scheduled date" system (not that it makes the slightest difference but why should they have the money early). Then it's done for the month, no worries. For annual payments, insurances etc., the provider never fails to remind me.

The odd thing about Kasikorn is that their software does not permit them to settle bills of less than Bht 100.00 so my Bht 65.00 monthly phone bill causes hiccoughs.

Why not overpay it for 2 months then you will be marginally in credit at month 3

This morning I made some internet transfers from Bangkok Bank to accounts with other banks. As recently advised there were no transfer charges. However, I noted that there was only no charge for immediate payments. If one wanted to set up a payment for a later time there was a charge shown. See below, and beware.

Date to Receive Funds Date to Deduct Funds Fee
imgTExpress.gif
27 Apr 2018, immediately 27 Apr 2018 0.00
imgTPriority.gif
30 Apr 2018, late afternoon 30 Apr 2018 20.00
imgTBasic.gif
02 May 2018, late afternoon 30 Apr 2018 12.00

I’m still trying to figure how to make payments from other people’s accounts

Got one too. Borrow your money? Yeah, we all know where that leads

Back