Bank Charges - Internet Payments and Transfers

Got one too. Borrow your money? Yeah, we all know where that leads
There is no such concept as 'borrow' in the Thai language. Yes, they have the word but, unfortunately, for 'borrow' read 'give'. They never, ever pay it back.

To give credit, the terrak’s teacher sister has set up a standing order of 1k per month to pay back her loan to me. Obviously the money isn’t coming to me but into the account of our little’un. But it’s the thought that counts I suppose

To give credit, the terrak’s teacher sister has set up a standing order of 1k per month to pay back her loan to me. Obviously the money isn’t coming to me but into the account of our little’un. But it’s the thought that counts I suppose
Do they have ‘automated’ standing orders here???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not true Nomad.
Very infrequently I have lent Wood's sister money and she has always paid it back promptly.
An exception to the rule! I could name names but that would upset my wife. They are/were friends and relatives of her. I still have 10,000 THB outstanding from 8 years ago (took 3 years to get the first 10,000 of 20,000 returned). The balance is lost forever when the lady in question told me to call the police if I wanted the rest. I have another 10,000 THB outstanding with a different person from 2 years ago. And both of these were people I thought I could trust. My policy now and forever more when asked is always going to be a very polite 'I am afraid my money is all tied up. Sorry cannot help'.

Gave some carrots to my guinea pig a while back, he didn’t have a clue how to pay it back

Not true Nomad.
Very infrequently I have lent Wood's sister money and she has always paid it back promptly.

I have lent my wife's very close friend shed loads of money in the past and it comes back either on before the agreed repayment date.

Never a lender nor borrower be, wise words from someone

In general, I agree.

I borrowed to buy my first car, my first (mobile) home, my first house and my second house. I've never borrowed owt since and I now owe no-one.

Last edited:
In general, I agree.

I borrowed to buy my first car, my first (mobile) home, my first house and my second house. I've never borrowed owt since and I owe no-one.

Pretty much same same less the mobile home and second house. I remember my fortunes taking a positive direction when I gave up one arm bandits and smoking at the same time and put more days in at the weekend with the TA

You’ve got a Thai to agree to something?

Yes, there's an official legal paper which may be obtained from certain stationers. Luckily I've not needed to discover whether it's worth the paper that it's written on.

Back