Closest Visa Extension office to Surin city?

D

dan70

G'day,
Am here in Surin at moment for a week and thought might use the time to get my 1 year extension for non Imm. O (marriage) done. Ive read the threads here and on a different forum, and Im a little confused about where to go for the 1 year extension visa??
Is Kap Chong(sic) open or closed?
For a farang who i staying in Surin city, where is the nearest immigration office where I can get a 1 year extension done?

Thanks in advance for any help,
JD

G'day,
Am here in Surin at moment for a week and thought might use the time to get my 1 year extension for non Imm. O (marriage) done. Ive read the threads here and on a different forum, and Im a little confused about where to go for the 1 year extension visa??
Is Kap Chong(sic) open or closed?
For a farang who i staying in Surin city, where is the nearest immigration office where I can get a 1 year extension done?

Thanks in advance for any help,
JD

Hi Dan welcome to the mad house. As your going to be in Surin then you will have to deal with immigrations in Korat. The office was moved from Kap Chong about 2 years ago. The locals due use the Chong Chom border crossing office to due their 90 day report which after your get your extention based on retirment or marriage you'll can use. It will save you a 180 KM drive. You are not applying for a visa. You are apply for an EXTENTION TO STAY bassed on marriage. As for location it is in this attachment. http://www.surinfarang.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?4121-The-NEW-Korat-Immigration-Office

gotlost - thanks for the quick reply mate, saved me a drive to the non-existent Chong Chom office. Looks like a drive to Korat it is.....Cheers

If your one week visit in Surin includes November 8th, the Thai Immigration mobile unit will be at the Surin City Hall on Nov. 8th, and I am pretty sure you can do the one year extension with them. Worth a call to Korat to find out, but I still suggest you stop by Coffee Corner anyway.

If your one week visit in Surin includes November 8th, the Thai Immigration mobile unit will be at the Surin City Hall on Nov. 8th, and I am pretty sure you can do the one year extension with them. Worth a call to Korat to find out, but I still suggest you stop by Coffee Corner anyway.

Outstanding advice...Chokdee5

Unfortunately leaving before the 8th, but thanks for the help. Will paddle my kayak to Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok for this years extension and Surin/Korat thereafter. Cheers fellas.

Dont forget that you can only do extensions of stay at the Immigration nearest to where you live, or at least where Immigration think you live. If dan70 is only in Surin for 1 week, ie does not live there, would this not suggest that Surin or Khorat would refuse him anyway.

Interesting point, but I "think" you can do extension of stay at any Thai Immigration office, with the proper documentation.
Don't know for sure, but I "think so".

:confused:

Unfortunately leaving before the 8th, but thanks for the help. Will paddle my kayak to Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok for this years extension and Surin/Korat thereafter. Cheers fellas.

Dan says he will leave befor the 8th and due this years extension in BK. Next year he will due it in Korat. If he moves to Surin after his new extension is done he can have his reporting address changed for Surin to Korat.

Interesting point, but I "think" you can do extension of stay at any Thai Immigration office, with the proper documentation.
Don't know for sure, but I "think so".

:confused:

Extensions must be done at your local office. I get extension for work in Buriram so I must go to Khorat. Retirement the same, must show address so must be local. Dan70 Ok for next time as will be able, hopefully, to show new Surin address.

Back