Confirmation of address for UK Bank

Yorky

Fullritis Member
Today I received a letter from my Jersey Bank (NatWest) requesting conformation of my address, amongst other things. It was headed "IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED".

It was dated 25th August 2016 and required a response by 26th September 2016. The letter was sent from Isle of Man via Wien in Austria.

Do they have any brains in banks these days?

[I shall email them with my thoughts tomorrow!]

It was rhetorical - just venting my spleen.

Again!

[UK DWP send their mail via Schiedam which also adds 14 days to the normal delivery times]

I emailed them this morning. Obviously that's not going to be dealt with until next week even though they say "monitored every day 09:00 - 17:00 UK time."

Another anomaly whilst I'm at it - A copy of your passport is adequate for proof of who you are (although I know who I am), however, the qualifications of the certifiers of the copy are far more stringent than those for issue of the passport itself.

They are: Natwest bank employee, bank manager, lawyer*, advocate*, notary public*, accountant*, director, manager or officer of a regulated financial services business in a well regulated jurisdiction, company secretary*, senior civil servant, member of the judiciary, serving police officer or customs officer provided they are not in a high risk jurisdiction.

(* who is a member of a recognised professional body)

They'll get Young Mr Grace and be satisfied!

I emailed them this morning. Obviously that's not going to be dealt with until next week even though they say "monitored every day 09:00 - 17:00 UK time."

Although I've noticed that their automated email response acknowledgement quotes 09:00 - 17:00 GMT - surely they know the difference?

Although I've noticed that their automated email response acknowledgement quotes 09:00 - 17:00 GMT - surely they know the difference?

Whatever it is they won't start work until 09.00 - that will always be UK time.

Whatever it is they won't start work until 09.00 - that will always be UK time.

09.00. Monday morning? Coffee first, then natter about where they went over the weekend, who went home with who etc etc. it will be 10.00 before any work is done.

Another anomaly whilst I'm at it - A copy of your passport is adequate for proof of who you are (although I know who I am), however, the qualifications of the certifiers of the copy are far more stringent than those for issue of the passport itself.

They are: Natwest bank employee, bank manager, lawyer*, advocate*, notary public*, accountant*, director, manager or officer of a regulated financial services business in a well regulated jurisdiction, company secretary*, senior civil servant, member of the judiciary, serving police officer or customs officer provided they are not in a high risk jurisdiction.

(* who is a member of a recognised professional body)

They'll get Young Mr Grace and be satisfied!
I get a NatWest wage slip (pension) and will sign for u, if all else fails???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received a response to my email overnight. They apologised for the inadequate postal service and gave me more time to return the form (although they neglected to say how much more time). Young Mr. Grace will countersign the forms tomorrow for me.

Because of problems I have had previously with RBSI, I informed Natwest that I shall not address the envelope containing the document to a PO Box in Isle of Man (as per the post paid enclosed envelope) but I shall require a postal address and the name of a person who would be responsible for receiving the document and signing for receipt of same. They did it! They sent to me a name and address in Jersey. Well, would you credit it?

I today received another package from NatWest dated 3rd October 2016 (again via Vienna) informing me that they had not received a response to the previous one and required a response by 2nd November 2016!

Because of problems I have had previously with RBSI, I informed Natwest that I shall not address the envelope containing the document to a PO Box in Isle of Man (as per the post paid enclosed envelope) but I shall require a postal address and the name of a person who would be responsible for receiving the document and signing for receipt of same. They did it! They sent to me a name and address in Jersey. Well, would you credit it?

..... and just exactly how well did that go Yorky ?

..... and just exactly how well did that go Yorky ?

I advised them of the date of posting and the tracking number and tracking website address. The addressee sent an email stating that they had noted that the "package" had been despatched. No confirmation that it was received nor a signature for the receipt (as I requested).

(Might as well blame it on the Thais...same as everything else.)

Yorky, what does the POS (ID #) of your Thai Postal Air letter show ?

(Seems as though the package takes approx three weeks.)

Thaipost confirmed that the package had been delivered about 8 days after despatch but they (the UK postal service, I guess) did not receive a signature.

Thaipost confirmed that the package had been delivered about 8 days after despatch but they (the UK postal service, I guess) did not receive a signature.

That was not much use then.

Sending by ordinary airmail to the PO Box would, I suggest, have had no less a result.

I suppose it makes me feel better that, if they deny receipt, I am able to send them the "evidence" and call them a bunch of wankers. Personal satisfaction for Bht 40.00.

I suppose it makes me feel better that, if they deny receipt, I am able to send them the "evidence" and call them a bunch of wankers. Personal satisfaction for Bht 40.00.

Good point.......................remind me again exactly what evidence you have that the envelope was received/accepted by the addressee ?

Last time -and indeed most times -I go to the Post office to send something by EMS, it is not the 40bt fee that is a problem, but having to wait around 30 minutes to get served. Last time there were 13 people in front of me (we have a ticket system), but 17 other people approached the only one postal worker wanting envelopes, boxes, or just asking how to operate the ticket machine. He assisted every time.

EMS post recently delivered to a neighbour regarding an insurance problem I was assisting with, was signed for by a neighbours son, who was extremely drunk, and put it on one side only to forget it. The sender eventually provided information as to who had signed for it.

One time I paid some 50baht extra when sending an important letter locally by EMS to not only have it signed for upon delivery, but to also have a card signed by the addressee, which the post office then sent back to me.

I hate change in my daily regimine.
The last time I went to the PO my number was called in less than five minutes.

I said, "Fook this" and handed my ticket to an elderly lady.
I came back in ten minutes and took another ticket from the kiosk so that my usual time of approx 15 - 20 minutes was well satisfied.

(I wonder if I'm turning a lighter shade of Brit.)

Back