Confirmation of address for UK Bank

Good point.......................remind me again exactly what evidence you have that the envelope was received/accepted by the addressee ?

If you noticed the word "evidence" in my post was in inverted commas. I have the notification from Thaipost that the package has been received but not signed for. A couple of years ago I used similar evidence with RBSI and was eventually paid Sterling 360.00 for my trouble. Doesn't always work but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I always keep a copy of the blank form and the completed form so they will receive it as an email attachment if necessary.

If you noticed the word "evidence" in my post was in inverted commas. I have the notification from Thaipost that the package has been received but not signed for. A couple of years ago I used similar evidence with RBSI and was eventually paid Sterling 360.00 for my trouble. Doesn't always work but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I always keep a copy of the blank form and the completed form so they will receive it as an email attachment if necessary.

I certainly agree about a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! :)

I suppose it makes me feel better that, if they deny receipt, I am able to send them the "evidence" and call them a bunch of wankers. Personal satisfaction for Bht 40.00.

Today I emailed the "recipient" of the original "CIP" to ask if it was stupidity or incompetence that caused their "Executive Director" to be unaware of what was going on.

I probably won't have a bank account tomorrow.

If I have the opportunity later, I shall address the fact that for NatWest it appears to be acceptable to use electronically inserted signatures but I am not permitted the same benefit.

If I have the opportunity later, I shall address the fact that for NatWest it appears to be acceptable to use electronically inserted signatures but I am not permitted the same benefit.

Can I presume you know what a janusSEAL suite is? It requires end-users to apply a security classification to all email messages they send and to all documents they create.
It sets up a chain block verification that when you attach your signature that has been Janus sealed. It sets up a verification that can be traced all the way back to your personal computer and password protected seal. If it does not have that it is just an image that anyone could copy.
In the organisation of the bank they would use this method. Why they don't ask you to use the same method ? Because they figure you just would not understand.
Janus Seal is a package that can be added to any email program.

Now you know Yorky you can save making a fool of your self in correspondence to the bank. I guess a lot of people would not know this.

Now you know Yorky you can save making a fool of your self in correspondence to the bank. I guess a lot of people would not know this.

I've been making a fool of myself for years so it does not bother me. Perhaps you could explain to me why some unscrupulous character would pretend to be me in order to confirm my address and also confirm that I am not laundering money?

[Edit: I have no idea what Janus is]

[And as far as making a fool of myself with the bank, the last time they credited me Sterling 360.00 for the fool that I am]

It requires end-users to apply a security classification to all email messages they send and to all documents they create.

So, in order to prove that the signature is authentic; what do I do?

Can I presume you know what a janusSEAL suite is? It requires end-users to apply a security classification to all email messages they send and to all documents they create.

It wasn't an email. It came through the post. To Thailand!

NatWest it appears to be acceptable to use electronically inserted signatures but I am not permitted the same benefit.

What I was talking about was electronically inserted signatures. Where they may use Janus seal. You do not.
That is the difference. Even a printed letter with a verified seal can be traced back as being authentic or not. As there is a minute code on the signatory panel or on the bottom of the page or printed vertically on the edge of the paper. Now you guys know of this, rummage through an official letter you have and it will be near the signature.
Electronically inserted signatures are only legal if this is done.

Back