Covid19 in Surin [report from Government Hospital]

"A dual carriageway is a road which usually has two lanes of traffic travelling in each direction with a strip of grass or concrete down the middle to separate the two lots of traffic." - Collins English dictionary.

I see no concrete or grass (or even clay).

Can I put this back on the OP. Been talking around Sikhor the four boxing spectators that tested positive three were from Amphur Sikhoraphum Tambon Samrong Thap the one closest to Sisaket. The other was from Lam Duan. All mates that worked in the same rice buyer yard.

Can I put this back on the OP. Been talking around Sikhor the four boxing spectators that tested positive three were from Amphur Sikhoraphum Tambon Samrong Thap the one closest to Sisaket. The other was from Lam Duan. All mates that worked in the same rice buyer yard.
WAS famous for their fried chicken, until now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a little ride out last night, here in Sisaket.
U-turn market closed.
Sunday ‘walking Street’ market closed.
Market/bars near to Train Station (central in town). All bars closed & half food venders shut.
Dude Bar/Jinko’s - closed 2 weeks.
Tawan Deang (style) club - closed
I-Bar disco - closed

Hong Kong Garden - open.

What’s the situation is Surin???
Is anything open, other than supermarkets??

All three had visited the Chong Chom Market. This is why the GOV closed the market.

Had a little ride out last night, here in Sisaket.
U-turn market closed.
Sunday ‘walking Street’ market closed.
Market/bars near to Train Station (central in town). All bars closed & half food venders shut.
Dude Bar/Jinko’s - closed 2 weeks.
Tawan Deang (style) club - closed
I-Bar disco - closed

Hong Kong Garden - open.

What’s the situation is Surin???
Is anything open, other than supermarkets??

I have not been out this past week although I did venture forth this morning to buy a refill, 15 kg gas bottle. Like a good little boy, I donned the face mask provided by my wife. I arrived at the store on the Sikhor road, the one just past the first filling station, and to my surprise, I was the only one wearing a mask. The store was open and I exchanged the bottles. I can't speak of the other venues as I have not been into town.

I have not been out this past week although I did venture forth this morning to buy a refill, 15 kg gas bottle. Like a good little boy, I donned the face mask provided by my wife. I arrived at the store on the Sikhor road, the one just past the first filling station, and to my surprise, I was the only one wearing a mask. The store was open and I exchanged the bottles. I can't speak of the other venues as I have not been into town.
You are NOT adhering to medical advice. Masks apparently need only be worn -under normal circumstances -when you have a cold or sore throat to prevent YOUR germs being passed to others. Exceptions would be when forced to be with many others such as on a bus or airplane.

You are NOT adhering to medical advice. Masks apparently need only be worn -under normal circumstances -when you have a cold or sore throat to prevent YOUR germs being passed to others. Exceptions would be when forced to be with many others such as on a bus or airplane.

This is true Nick. Wearing a mask will not stop you getting it, but if it becomes a social norm while the emergency is on, for all to wear one, it will help. As those infected will wear one.
Strangely enough by you wearing a mask, and getting others to do so in a social norm, it will actually prevent you from getting it.
This is why Japan has not been hit as hard as medical pundits said, because Japan has had a mask wearing culture all along. As they are a considerate and cohesive society.
Thailand is as well no matter what foreigners think and say about them, just to a lesser degree.
You watch how our western countries will fall into disarray due to cultural diversity programs that make our countries "Divisive".

When in Rome do as the Romans do. Similarly, when in Thailand do as the Thais do. The Thai Minister of Health has been very outspoken and extremely critical of westerners not wearing face masks. My wife fully understands the limited effectiveness of the face mask and, even still, asked me for the sake of the perception of others, to always wear a face mask should I venture out. So I did.

We were at a funeral last evening with about 40-50 people present. No more that 8 of them wore masks. Were those people with some bug or another, or is the message that the masks will not protect the wearer against catching Covid-19 from others finally hitting home? I do agree with Rice's logic regarding the Japanese cultural use though, but there aren't sufficient masks in circulation for the world's population to benefit in that way.

My wife fully understands the limited effectiveness of the face mask and, even still, asked me for the sake of the perception of others, to always wear a face mask should I venture out. So I did.

Ahh, the old saving face idiom comes to roost. :rolleyes:

Back