electric bill

We had one full day of rain when the panels were only producing 600W max. It was forecast for a second full day of rain, so I charged the batteries overnight. Woke up to full batteries and bright sunshine :(

HCndgEk.jpg

Last edited:
We had one full day of rain when the panels were only producing 600W max. It was forecast for a second full day of rain, so I charged the batteries overnight. Woke up to full batteries and bright sunshine :(

HCndgEk.jpg
If your batteries required 40 units of electricity to fully charge them (presumably some left initially) How many hours/days would a full battery supply you with electric if no further solar charging?

If your batteries required 40 units of electricity to fully charge them (presumably some left initially) How many hours/days would a full battery supply you with electric if no further solar charging?

The batteries have 38.4kWH of capacity or 38.4 PEA units. To improve longevity I normally run them to a depth of discharge of 50%, but in an emergency I could access more capacity. My PEA bill prior to installing solar was about 30 units per day. So a full battery would last me about 24 hours.

The reality is that the solar panels will always be adding charge in daylight hours, even if it is raining. I have panels on all sides of the house to capture sunlight as the sun moves.

The batteries have 38.4kWH of capacity or 38.4 PEA units. To improve longevity I normally run them to a depth of discharge of 50%, but in an emergency I could access more capacity. My PEA bill prior to installing solar was about 30 units per day. So a full battery would last me about 24 hours.

The reality is that the solar panels will always be adding charge in daylight hours, even if it is raining. I have panels on all sides of the house to capture sunlight as the sun moves.

Thanks for that I have solar panels to provide power to 2 buildings on land nearby but primarily to supply a pump to water 2 rai of land. No problems with lack of electric, since when it is overcast it usually means rain, and therefore no need for the pump.

฿993.62 - same as last month.

It will probably go up next month with the electric fire turned on.

Bander, something tells me that over the past ten or so overcast days that you've been recharging your batteries fairly regularly as the UV appears quite low.

Can you provide the readers with a bit of synopsis. Thanking you kindly in advance.

♤ ps: Have you implemented the drone motion detectors along the 200 metre perimeter of your compound ?
We are now recommending shoulder-mounted weapons to peaceful folk simply for defensive home protection.

Bander, something tells me that over the past ten or so overcast days that you've been recharging your batteries fairly regularly as the UV appears quite low.

Can you provide the readers with a bit of synopsis. Thanking you kindly in advance.

@Coffee Firstly apologies for the tardy reply, but I have just returned from my annual pilgrimage to immigration, an experience I will share in another place.

You can see from the bill below that when the sun shines most of the time, my consumption is zero.

One rainy day is fine. Not much charging during the day followed by night time use and the batteries are at about 50% by the morning. If the sun shines on the second day we quickly get the batteries back to 100%

More that one day of rain without any sunny spells and we need to replenish from PEA. I can either let the inverter decide how much to draw from PEA or manage it myself.

The inverter tends to be a little too conservative for my liking, if the batteries charge level drop below 50% it charges them back to about 75% which maybe at 6am just as the sun starts to shine and we then have full batteries by 9am!

So I normally leave PEA switched off. If there is any doubt about the amount of sun shine during the day I switch PEA back on for an hour or so before going to bed. I have had to do this several times recently and so I have spent about ฿300 on electricity so far this month. My bill is due on the 23rd.

Have you implemented the drone motion detectors along the 200 metre perimeter of your compound ?

Just PIR security lights and a large black Labrador that barks at other dogs - ideal if any packs of dogs try to rob the house.

OaoC3HI.jpg

20201011_010023357_ios.jpg

Back