electric bill

And just to prove it, ß5,703.
About average for me. 1 large freezer, 2 refrigerators, a swimming pool pump used almost daily for a couple hours, 4 air cons, 4 ceiling fans, 8 wall fans, washing machine, 3 flat screen TVs, laptop, PC, electric oven, microwave, hot water pot, rice cooker, air fryer, sandwich maker, etc. etc. It all adds up over a month. Mai pen rai. Comfort and ease of use costs.

Seriously Nomad, B5,000 sounds crazy for a 4-person Thai family residence.

(wtf are you doing/ growing/ creating/ freezing, etc there ?)
About average for me. 1 large freezer, 2 refrigerators, a swimming pool pump used almost daily for a couple hours, 4 air cons, 4 ceiling fans, 8 wall fans, washing machine, 3 flat screen TVs, laptop, PC, electric oven, microwave, hot water pot, rice cooker, air fryer, sandwich maker, etc. etc. It all adds up over a month. Mai pen rai. Comfort and ease of use costs.
Thanks, @Cent, I thought it was only my family that used modern appliances. Yes, we have much the same as you, 3 PCs and an iPad on the way, 4 or 5 smartphones that need charging every day, the usual kitchen appliances, 5 or 6 fans, and 4 aircons that are frequently switched on. The 2 bedroom aircons are on every night from bedtime till morning wake-up call. The other 2 aircons, the living room and mancave, are on most of the daylight hours and evenings. As to being crazy, I don't think so. I find a room temperature of 28*C or higher uncomfortable, especially if the humidity is high. Without aircon the temperature in the house can easily exceed 30*C and the kitchen, south-facing, can see temperatures approaching 40*C. The thermostats are set at 25*C with an actual room temperature somewhere between 25 to 27*C. Not excessive by any standards.

My monthly bill is usually in the region of ฿1,200.00 (before discount).

We only have 1 fridge freezer, 2 aircons, 2 water pumps, 8 fans, washing machine, 2 TVs, a halogen oven, an air fryer, 2 computers, hi-fi, kettle, 2 rice cookers, 1 slow cooker, microwave, toaster, toasted sandwich maker, liquidiser/grinder, hand mixer, food processor, juicer and 2 DVD players. Obviously they are not all used at the same time, some hardly ever at all. Just when necessary.

Without aircon the temperature in the house can easily exceed 30*C and the kitchen, south-facing, can see temperatures approaching 40*C.

My kitchen has windows to the south and west. I believe that the temperature may even exceed 40°C at this time of year. There are neither aircon nor fans installed in the kitchen but I could use a portable floor standing fan if necessary (which I rarely have done).

As @nomad97 pointed out last month, his bill and mine were usually neck-and-neck in the cost stakes, but we're almost out of the running since my step-daughter went off to Uni in Bangkok almost 2 years ago.

We use 5 AC units (2 in the living room, and each of the 3 bedrooms) plus fans for use when we can cope without the AC. There are 2 top loading washers, plus 1 automatic front loader, an elderly American style 4 door fridge-freezer, 2 convection ovens, a halogen oven, microwave and a slow cooker. Rarely used is a stone hotplate. There's an electric kettle, a coffee filter jug, an espresso machine, a coffee grinder, a food processor and a food mixer. A large screen tv, a hi-fi, a dozen or so floor/table lamps, 3 shower heaters, 2 laptops (one with a mini hi-fi for better sound) a decent sized aquarium with two airpumps, filter and lighting, an electric keyboard, 3 vacuum cleaners, a power-washer, lawnmower, hedge cutters, strimmer, outdoor waterfall and pump in one small pond plus another pump in a smaller pond, multiple mobile phones, 3 wall mounted fans in w.c's. Too many outdoor light left on all night to keep fido company (!) 2 sliding doors, a conveyor belt, and the entire cast of The Generation Game...

The damage this month was 3,791 THB, more than 200 baht down on both April's and May's bills despite recent heat and humidity. My condolences to Nomad for the 2,000 saved - which must be due to the absent step-daughter in my case!

Thanks, @Cent, I thought it was only my family that used modern appliances. Yes, we have much the same as you, 3 PCs and an iPad on the way, 4 or 5 smartphones that need charging every day, the usual kitchen appliances, 5 or 6 fans, and 4 aircons that are frequently switched on. The 2 bedroom aircons are on every night from bedtime till morning wake-up call. The other 2 aircons, the living room and mancave, are on most of the daylight hours and evenings. As to being crazy, I don't think so. I find a room temperature of 28*C or higher uncomfortable, especially if the humidity is high. Without aircon the temperature in the house can easily exceed 30*C and the kitchen, south-facing, can see temperatures approaching 40*C. The thermostats are set at 25*C with an actual room temperature somewhere between 25 to 27*C. Not excessive by any standards.
:) Yeah, when you start thinking about it and listing it all up you can see why the bill can get high and you can consume a lot of electric. Especially when the gals are in other rooms doing their thing.

:) Yeah, when you start thinking about it and listing it all up you can see why the bill can get high and you can consume a lot of electric. Especially when the gals are in other rooms doing their thing.
During a couple of the winter months, without the use of air-con, or not very much anyway, the lowest our household bill has been was just under 3,000 baht. Somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000 baht. The 4 times a week use of the washing machine, the hot iron to iron the clothes after, and 8 hot showers a day as standard, are possibly the high use electric items. The essential appliances like the refrigerator, microwave, convection oven, rice pot, cold water dispenser, water pump, and water purifier all add to the bill. Then there are the 3 flat-screen TVs, 1 in constant use and another each evening can be added to the 3 x PCs in daily use, especially with online learning for two school students. I suppose it all adds up. :cool:

During a couple of the winter months, without the use of air-con, or not very much anyway, the lowest our household bill has been was just under 3,000 baht. Somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000 baht. The 4 times a week use of the washing machine, the hot iron to iron the clothes after, and 8 hot showers a day as standard, are possibly the high use electric items. The essential appliances like the refrigerator, microwave, convection oven, rice pot, cold water dispenser, water pump, and water purifier all add to the bill. Then there are the 3 flat-screen TVs, 1 in constant use and another each evening can be added to the 3 x PCs in daily use, especially with online learning for two school students. I suppose it all adds up. :cool:
On top of all you have itemised,I have many 5W garden lights switched on in the early evening for an hour or 2 + the pump for the deep water bore which is on/off all day

On top of all you have itemised,I have many 5W garden lights switched on in the early evening for an hour or 2 + the pump for the deep water bore which is on/off all day
Thanks Nick, yes we leave an outdoor light on all night, plus supplementary lights around the garden as and when.

I've gone with the solar garden/pool area lights, and 4 auto motion lights in front on the wall on the street side. Wish I could use more of the solar lights. Cheap and effective.

Back