electric bill

OK, so you work in an air con school each day, you then go to an air con restaurant/bar until late at night. Just a fan for sleeping? Your air cons are broken? You paid someone to jump your meter? What? How is this electric bill even possible? (Excepting Bander's self sufficiency set up.)
My mistake. It was 248b and the bars have no AC. As Alice said 'Schools out' now until June.

Over the last month I have been away nearly every weekend/long weekend. I don't use AC, only fans and eat out quite a lot too.

Years ago I noticed every Thai village home had a refrigerator. Of course there was nothing in it except a bottle or two of water.

Under US$8.oo/month for electric is pretty amazing. But yes- this is the economical benefit one receives when there is no family burning your hard-earned capital.

Ivor, do you have a refrigerator with freezer plugged in ?

Units used in my drum:

April 2022 - 280
May 2022 - 302
June 2022 - 281
July 2022 - 276
August 2022 - 264
September 2022 - 237
October 2022 - 225
November 2022 - 235
December 2022 - 244
January 2023 - 231
February 2023 - 232
March 2023 - 251

Current prices per unit per month (including Ft):

0 - 150 units - ฿4.7976
151 - 400 units - ฿5.7710
>400 units - ฿5.9709

Last edited:
My bill just arrived. 4,507bt!!!

Big increase from last month and 450bt more than this time last year!
As I said earlier, my bill was 4747.55 baht, and that's with a family of 4 using air cons most of the day and night and schools out for summer too. Your bill is only 250 baht lower than mine. What is your excuse?

As I said earlier, my bill was 4747.55 baht, and that's with a family of 4 using air cons most of the day and night and schools out for summer too. Your bill is only 250 baht lower than mine. What is your excuse?
same same..................family of 4 using air cons most of the day and night and summer too. The cat, her boyfriend and their 3 young kids all seem to know instinctively when the air con is on, and find their way in.

We haven't used the heaters in the showers now for a week. Whatever time of day it is. In fact. my wife is considering changing over to ground water for her showers (hoping that it will be cooler).

We haven't used the heaters in the showers now for a week. Whatever time of day it is. In fact. my wife is considering changing over to ground water for her showers (hoping that it will be cooler)
My water comes from 40 metres down, but first have to get rid of the hot water in the plastic pipes from pump to shower........................Or have someone else shower before me :)

My water comes from 40 metres down, but first have to get rid of the hot water in the plastic pipes from pump to shower........................Or have someone else shower before me :)

The first time that I worked in the Gulf (Doha, Qatar) back in the 80s cold showers were essential but virtually impossible to achieve. The water was supplied from the holding tank on the roof of the hotel.

It seems many people here that have a deep well, pump initially to a holding tank and then pump to and around the house. You then have water at tank temperature. My water comes straight from the bore. In cold weather, the bore water is usually less cold than it would be from a holding tank

Back