F1 warmup has just killed 4 in Buriram.

The vast majority of motorbike riders, drive at a slowish/ respectable speed, with women shopping and taking their kids to and from school. They do and will sometimes have accidents due to the fact, in the main, that they have never been taught to drive, and are unaware of the dangers on or rules of the road. Fortunately these drivers usually survive following an accident.

The problem is the young irresponsible, show-off kids that drive at maximum speed, no care or consideration for anyone else, and frequently end up dead.

In addition to my earlier suggestion to raise the minimun age to ride a motorbike to 20, I see no reason why a maximum speed of-say 50kph- should not apply to all motorbikes under 150cc . Those with big bikes, generally know how to drive, are well kitted out with jackets and helmets and normal speed imits should apply to them.

The vast majority of motorbike riders, drive at a slowish/ respectable speed, with women shopping and taking their kids to and from school. They do and will sometimes have accidents due to the fact, in the main, that they have never been taught to drive, and are unaware of the dangers on or rules of the road. Fortunately these drivers usually survive following an accident.

The problem is the young irresponsible, show-off kids that drive at maximum speed, no care or consideration for anyone else, and frequently end up dead.

In addition to my earlier suggestion to raise the minimun age to ride a motorbike to 20, I see no reason why a maximum speed of-say 50kph- should not apply to all motorbikes under 150cc . Those with big bikes, generally know how to drive, are well kitted out with jackets and helmets and normal speed imits should apply to them.
From learning from a number of years riding larger machines, respect for these beasts is either learned quickly or you are road kill. f**k me, the Harley was 1,700cc of muscle.
Some of the stunts I have seen these lemmings pull leaves me cold.

Which is doubtful. The more likely scenario is the parents of these kids will be suing the man with the truck (because if he wasn't there their kids would have not died), or, if the truck driver has insurance (again doubtful), they will be suing the insurance company to pay them because their dumb as dirt boy died in the accident, an accident just waiting to happen one day with the way these moron macho boys drive their bikes. What burns my buttocks is these f**kwits will look at you as though you have some nerve being on the road and getting in their way.
That's exactly what happened to a farang man who lives near Chamni.....indicating actually turning into his drive 2 m/c s racing,no tax,no licences,no hemets no insurance!!!!2 DIED...........He had to stump up 300,000 baht or go to the monkey house!!

That's exactly what happened to a farang man who lives near Chamni.....indicating actually turning into his drive 2 m/c s racing,no tax,no licences,no hemets no insurance!!!!2 DIED...........He had to stump up 300,000 baht or go to the monkey house!!

The Thais have a line in law that refers directly back to the Descartes quote. "I think therefore I am". "You exist therefore you pay". If you did not exist, you would not of been there and ................
A friend was charged under this line of nonsensical (Oxymoron warning) Thai logic sitting in a parked car in Big C Khon Kaen, when struck by a motor cycle.

The Thais have a line in law that refers directly back to the Descartes quote. "I think therefore I am". "You exist therefore you pay". If you did not exist, you would not of been there and ................
A friend was charged under this line of nonsensical (Oxymoron warning) Thai logic sitting in a parked car in Big C Khon Kaen, when struck by a motor cycle.
Been there twice in Sisaket on a smaller scale, thankfully. Both times stationery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been there twice in Sisaket on a smaller scale, thankfully. Both times stationery.

I was almost stationary in Ubon. But I was guilty as sin, as I had just made an illegal U turn. The almost blind old lady ran straight into me. Unregistered bike and no licence. Insurance paid 95% of it but I had to pay 10.000 B out of my own pocket as a show of repentness (Is that a word?)

And this IS the reason so many Thais will just keep on driving after an accident like we see in the OP. Also the reason many Thais just will not stop to help the injured at an accident scene. And it is especially prudent, financially for a farang, to not stop and help. I've heard stories where the farang has to pay even when not involved in the accident (because he is rich, has insurance, etc.).

And this IS the reason so many Thais will just keep on driving after an accident like we see in the OP. Also the reason many Thais just will not stop to help the injured at an accident scene. And it is especially prudent, financially for a farang, to not stop and help. I've heard stories where the farang has to pay even when not involved in the accident (because he is rich, has insurance, etc.).
Me too

My pick-up was run into by a Baht Bus in Pattaya 25 years ago. I demanded that the driver pay for the slight damage to the rear bumper. Not necessary , says he.. its a bumper and that is what it is for. .Wrote down his number and said I was going to the Police. He then said he had no money, despite the woman with him having a huge wad of notes in her pocket.

He rescinded, I followed him to a repair garage, and he paid in advance for the repair. I had to call him back when told that repainting was not paid for. Less than 1,000baht all in.

I was almost stationary in Ubon. But I was guilty as sin, as I had just made an illegal U turn. The almost blind old lady ran straight into me. Unregistered bike and no licence. Insurance paid 95% of it but I had to pay 10.000 B out of my own pocket as a show of repentness (Is that a word?)

NO!

Try repentance maybe.

My pick-up was run into by a Baht Bus in Pattaya 25 years ago. I demanded that the driver pay for the slight damage to the rear bumper. Not necessary , says he.. its a bumper and that is what it is for. .Wrote down his number and said I was going to the Police. He then said he had no money, despite the woman with him having a huge wad of notes in her pocket.

He rescinded, I followed him to a repair garage, and he paid in advance for the repair. I had to call him back when told that repainting was not paid for. Less than 1,000baht all in.

I was driving my brand new, 7 day old, Ford Ranger Wildtrak out of the slip road from Tesco onto the main highway. I applied my brakes as the road was not clear when I got to the T junction. The idiot behind me, thumb in bum and brain in neutral, ran into the back of me. Minor damage to the bumper thankfully and nothing else. Like Nick, the idiot said it was 'nit noi' and was about to drive away. I summonded him back in no uncertain terms. The insurance man sorted it 10 minutes later and the other driver picked up the bill of around 10,000 baht. It needed a new bumper (black supplied) that had to be resprayed white.

Back