Flood warning

Yorky

Fullritis Member
My wife tells me that there has been a flood warning on the internet. Apparently a number of local (to Surin) reservoirs have become very full and they may need to open the sluice gates. Don't take my word for it but I would suggest that you dust off your wellies and relocate valuables to higher ground just in case.

Can you please attach the flood warning from the internet on here.
Thai language will be fine as most of us (other than Rice or Steve) can request a Thai person to translate.

What they say is there is a warning for the next 24 hours for many areas, they list them all. But I won't. They state two flood gates will be opened, 0.90 meters high, and they will release 57 cubic meters per second. Or about 5 million cubic meters per day. This will start from October 8.

This warning was issued today. So go figure that they say it started two days ago.
Bye the way that Facebook was re posted from here
http://surin108.com/v2/3759

What they say is there is a warning for the next 24 hours for many areas, they list them all.

My wife did say that one area is Tambun Nohkmuang which is where we live. I've seen bugger all "flood water" up to now but there is thunder in the distance.......

terrified-smiley.png

Very, very frightening.

My wife did say that one area is Tambun Nohkmuang which is where we live. I've seen bugger all "flood water" up to now but there is thunder in the distance.......

View attachment 18548

Very, very frightening.
We did not see any flood water last time around. Woke up in the morning and there it was. All 2 to 3 meters of it. The paddy fields between thee and me are already flooded to a depth of about 1 meter. If we get a day or more of heavy rain we could be in for another once in a 50 year flood.

srn240Loop.gif

Well, if I remember correctly the last big one a few years back was due to the idiots opening the sluice gates too much and due to the pressure behind all that water not being able to close the damn things again. They flooded the klongs, the klong road by us, both sides, and the water just kept going up all the side sois from there. Was a f**king mess.

Well, if I remember correctly the last big one a few years back was due to the idiots opening the sluice gates too much and due to the pressure behind all that water not being able to close the damn things again. They flooded the klongs, the klong road by us, both sides, and the water just kept going up all the side sois from there. Was a f**king mess.
Water was also running over the Dam wall and washed away all the food eateries.
We were building near city land the house was 60 % completed we lost a lot of gear 1 work truck and lots of tools .
And the job stoped for about a month .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

September 2013 Cent. I remember it well. Cost me almost Bht 200,000.00.

September floods.jpg

Back