Flying free, or cheap anyway.

Piper PA-31 Navajo int pic_tcm36-3934 2.jpg Now that she's seen Karakara's post, MBH translates the frequency for the first 3 months (May to July) as 3 x daily, in the Piper Chieftain, at 999THB each way. From August onwards, (and probably subject to the number of passengers using the service by then, ) they intend using the much larger AR 72-500.

Personally, the Piper Chieftain looks fine as an alternative to dodging motorcy and other lunatic drivers for 6 hours, but chacun à son goût...

N.B. Her pal is a ticket agent at Saren Travel, fwiw, and some of the info came from there.

Thanks for the clarification Merlin - you are a wizard! Personally, I think the smaller Piper Chieftain is the way to go. Looks a lot more comfortable than the bigger aircraft and almost like a private charter.

Thanks for the clarification Merlin - you are a wizard! Personally, I think the smaller Piper Chieftain is the way to go. Looks a lot more comfortable than the bigger aircraft and almost like a private charter.

You won't think so on a plane this small when this happens.

Me thinks you are cheating GL. That video was from a larger aircraft with at least 6 abreast seating. Passengers can and do vomit on any aircraft.

Me thinks you are cheating GL. That video was from a larger aircraft with at least 6 abreast seating. Passengers can and do vomit on any aircraft.

OK maybe:rolleyes: but I have personally been a witness of 9 seaters and 24 seaters getting the old PUKE Test given to it.:D Stick to the bigger birds and you have a better chance of staying dry.:p

Where are the good old DC3's, undestructible, flying with half a wing or half an engine ... noisy ... unconfortable ... BUT reliable !!!
ONLY 16.000 of them were build !!!!

Last edited:
The poster says that the May flight will be three times a day, only for one month. And the August flight will be for two months. It doesn't specify price or how many times a day for August (assuming just once as it's a much bigger plane).

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk

Back