GBP xe USD (1 year)

C

Coffee

One year ago the £ exchanged at $1.58.
Now exchanging at $1.43.
Possibly the 10% dip is caused by Brexit market shivers in anticipation two weeks prior to the vote.

In the last 8 years it has traded 1.35 to 1.70.

It goes up and it goes down. Times of uncertainty/risk provide opportunities for speculators.

I think markets always find their true level and short-term distortions are just that.

Bring your money in at the peak of one of those distortions.

imggraph.php

The last 60 odd years.

In the last 8 years it has traded 1.35 to 1.70.

It goes up and it goes down. Times of uncertainty/risk provide opportunities for speculators.

I think markets always find their true level and short-term distortions are just that.

Bring your money in at the peak of one of those distortions.

Trouble is knowing when it has peaked.

Possibly when (if) 5/- in old money becomes worth "half a dollar" again? Not in my lifetime, and that's for sure!

Half a crown was half a dollar, Merlin, not 5/-. Decimalisation.... worse than the EU!

I did think that but I was not sure. That was the reason I checked the exchange rates over the last 60 years; looking for 4 USD = 1 Sterling. Must have been before I was born.

It's killing me man, killing me! :weary::tearsofjoy: Although, a couple of my retirement investments just made decent profits (12%) due mainly to Brexit fallout so not all bad.

Adam, not all bad if your investments are still up when you retire.
In the retirement game long-term is everything.

image.gif[

QUOTE="Yorky, post: 179091, member: 8"]I did think that but I was not sure. That was the reason I checked the exchange rates over the last 60 years; looking for 4 USD = 1 Sterling. Must have been before I was born.[/QUOTE]

And the answer is.....

Currently the £ has moved under USD 1.25.
HSBC has issued a fairly bleak statement on where it sees the £ moving through the year 2017. (Upwards is not the operative word.)

Phillip Hammond makes sense when he states be prepared for volatility moving forward with Brexit.

Is this what 52% of the UK voted for to keep out migratory **** while no longer being delegated to by Brussels?
No worries as you can handle the pain, eh.
Surely it's all in a days work. Things always are brighter at the end of the rainbow.

Nothing will become static (if it ever does) until after the 2 years of exit from the EU, starting in 6 months time! The rainbow is a long way off Coffee.

The longer UK wait I am convinced the harder line the EU will adopt. The EU are adamant there will me no free market if there is not free movement. Accept that . Why waste time negotiating when the outcome is effectively clear? Plenty of other countries want to tyade with the UK, but cannot at present.

£ taking a hit today in anticipation of the Prime Minister's address on Brexit.
Strange that, eh.

Back