Green Terrace Surin

Processed ham slices and Thai shyt hot dogs. Disgusting..

Unusually for Thais, they have managed to slightly brown the toast and the egg is not overcooked, so you can dip your hot dog sausage. Thankfully no salad !!

Looks like one of the better Thai attempts at a breakfast.

For 100baht, the breakfast is totally acceptable an indeed good value. The point is that if they wanted to attract more farangs, then they would need better sausages and increase the price accordingly.

The sausages on offer (look like "Be Lucky) are sold in their millions and most Thais know no better. Certainly better than those awful things dripping in dirty oil sold in every market area and from many food stalls!

I think that's a great taking into consideration you get a fresh coffee most places charge 40 for coffee .
So that leaves only 60 baht for the breakfast , this breakfast they call an american breakfast hot dog sausages an all.
Theres not many places where you can get fresh ground coffee with breakfast in Surin , you would of thought people would of got on to this by now ,who wants instant coffee ,I don't !

The breakfast looks pretty nasty imo. Cheap or not, I wouldn't buy it. Im still going to pay this place a visit and try the rest of their food.

I think that's a great taking into consideration you get a fresh coffee most places charge 40 for coffee .
So that leaves only 60 baht for the breakfast , this breakfast they call an american breakfast hot dog sausages an all.
Theres not many places where you can get fresh ground coffee with breakfast in Surin , you would of thought people would of got on to this by now ,who wants instant coffee ,I don't !

Fresh coffee 22 baht at 7-11....

For 100baht, the breakfast is totally acceptable an indeed good value. The point is that if they wanted to attract more farangs, then they would need better sausages and increase the price accordingly.

The sausages on offer (look like "Be Lucky) are sold in their millions and most Thais know no better. Certainly better than those awful things dripping in dirty oil sold in every market area and from many food stalls!

Why change when 99% of their customers are Thai.I bet all of the western run local restaurants wish they had the clientèle base of the Green Terrace so they must be doing something right
If you want good Thai food then go to Green Terrace,if you want to pay double for a Western type breakfast go to a local western restaurant.
Why should Thai Restaurants have to change their menu to suit just a very small minority?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunday morning here at the Green Terrace and enjoying what has to be the best breakfast for the money. Only 100 Baht for an egg, two sausages, a piece of ham and one real rasher of bacon and a piece of grilled bread cut into eight sections for you. Served to you by the lovely Fon or Meow, it doesn't get much better than that. Breakfast, lunch or dinner this is my go to place for quiet, eye candy, ambience and service.

mahdam
"Stopped by for lunch today. Green Terrace gets a 10/10 from me.
Everything spot on, great food,served quickly by pretty waitresses with a smile on their faces. But more importantly,well trained efficient waitresses. Something sadly lacking in a lot of other establishments.
Well done Green Terrace, keep up the good work."

Just a reminder, as to the extremely glowing reports on the food and restaurant (above.) Sure sounds very good. My wife and I have found the food to be excellent and the atmosphere & service, outstanding.

Why change when 99% of their customers are Thai.I bet all of the western run local restaurants wish they had the clientèle base of the Green Terrace so they must be doing something right
If you want good Thai food then go to Green Terrace,if you want to pay double for a Western type breakfast go to a local western restaurant.
Why should Thai Restaurants have to change their menu to suit just a very small minority?

That is exactly my point. Likely 99% of their customers are Thai. But if they wanted to attract more farang customers for breakfast, they would need a better quality breakfast at a higher price.

I did not suggest changing their menu. but adding to it to potentially increase their client base with ongoing possibilities that the farangs would become regular customers for other than breakfast.

From comments made on the Farewell Starbeam thread, it appears that a lot of farangs are unaware of Green Terrace at all.

That is exactly my point. Likely 99% of their customers are Thai. But if they wanted to attract more farang customers for breakfast, they would need a better quality breakfast at a higher price.

I did not suggest changing their menu. but adding to it to potentially increase their client base with ongoing possibilities that the farangs would become regular customers for other than breakfast.

From comments made on the Farewell Starbeam thread, it appears that a lot of farangs are unaware of Green Terrace at all.

Agree entirely.

I wonder how many Thais actually purchase that 'American breakfast' ? I doubt very many, if at all. It is similar to many Thai hotels' American breakfasts and I can't help thinking it is pandering to the occasional Farang or Farang partner. If so inclined, I would rather pay more and have a 'real' western breakfast. The thought of having a rice dish for breakfast turn smy stomach!

My own view is that if it is not an authentic replication of a western breakfast then drop it from the menu - unless I am wrong and the Thais actually do buy it.

PS - If you want an example of a good 100 Baht breakfast take a look atthe Ryan's breakfast on the 'What's on the menu...' thread.

Last edited:
There,s no point at all trying to please the odd farang to have breakfast .
They do Thai breakfast to like egg and Chinese sausage and minced pork in a pan and bread buns with different meats in them there very popular among THAI customers .
To every 300 Thai,s they might get 1 farang so why even think about pleasing him or her with farang breakfast food .
I hazard guess this place takes about 100.000 to 300.000 Baht a day ! (no joke) and more ,its a Thai \ Chinese restaurant and its good .
May I suggest If you want an English fatboy pork sausage go to Stafford,s or Farangconection or Starbeam,s .

Thats my thoughts guys .

"May I suggest If you want an English fatboy pork sausage go to Stafford,s or Farangconection or Starbeam,s ."

Or Corner Cafe restaurant 149 THB

breakfeast11110000.jpg

Menu

Back