HMPO, Liverpool

I have today received reimbursement from HMPO for postage expenses incurred in August 2022 and thereafter agreed for payment in January 2023.

Last edited:
Today: 11th November 2023.

"Dear Sirs,

Reference the above case number and in particular my email of 20th October 2023.

It has now been three weeks (15 working days) since I was told that the relevant department would be in touch with me directly. Since then I have had neither a response from the relevant department nor have I received reimbursement of the balance of my expenses which I incurred in May this year (some 5 months ago).

I trust that you will press the relevant department into authorising the remainder of the monies due to me.

Regards"

"Dear Mr Yorky,

Thank you for your email regarding complaint reference POGR2/0911657/23 #30531474.

I have passed your details to the relevant department for a reply. We will contact you as soon as possible.

Regards,
His Majesty’s Passport Office"

"Dear Sirs,

Another week (5 working days) has passed and still no response to my correspondence nor any recompense forthcoming.

Please could you look into this and advise if I am ever going to receive the balance of the monies that I have expended due to HMPO's failure to provide a correctly prepared passport?

Regards"

"It has now been another week (5 more working days) and I have not even received an acknowledgment of my email from the "relevant team" and definitely no remuneration of the outstanding expenses incurred by me in connection with the HMPO error on my passport. I am at a loss what to do next although I shall definitely copy all the recent correspondence to IEC."

"Thank you for your reply. I have passed your email to the customer service management team for a reply. They will contact you within three working days."

"You said that last Saturday!"

"It has now been another week (5 more working days) and I have not even received an acknowledgment of my email from the "relevant team" and definitely no remuneration of the outstanding expenses incurred by me in connection with the HMPO error on my passport. I am at a loss what to do next although I shall definitely copy all the recent correspondence to IEC."

"Thank you for your reply. I have passed your email to the customer service management team for a reply. They will contact you within three working days."

"You said that last Saturday!"
I suggest you copy emails to the Minister responsible for HMPO

Email sent today:

"Still no acknowledgment, response or reimbursement of costs by the "Customer Service Management Team (surely a misnomer).

I find it intriguing that HMPO are willing to commit extensive resources (at least 20 personnel) and thousands of pounds to the simple task of replacing a passport which they issued with an error; but will not reimburse my agreed costs in full.

I shall not give up, however pointless it may seem."

Email sent today:

"Still no acknowledgment, response or reimbursement of costs by the "Customer Service Management Team (surely a misnomer).

I find it intriguing that HMPO are willing to commit extensive resources (at least 20 personnel) and thousands of pounds to the simple task of replacing a passport which they issued with an error; but will not reimburse my agreed costs in full.

I shall not give up, however pointless it may seem."

"Thank you for your email regarding complaint reference POGR2/0911657/23.

The issue that you have raised has been passed to the relevant department who will investigate this and respond to you directly.

Regards,

His Majesty’s Passport Office"

1701511323037.png

Does anyone remember the circumstances a few years ago when a CD containing thousands of UK citizen's passport details was "lost" by a government official?

[Edit: I ask because during the last 20 months, HMPO have "lost" my initial notification that there was an error on my passport, have "lost" the instruction (by them) to pay my postage costs, and have "lost" a receipt for cost incurred in transferring data between old and new passports]

Last edited:
Back