Hospitals Surin, Government and Surin hospital charge Farang's double

Dr Anan and her husband ( she jumps to conclusions very quickly causing much grief to Thai wives)are the owners of Ruamphet Hospital. I understand their son works there also. The Ruamphet at Surin Plaza is not the same owner,
the poor Cambodians were using this hospital. I understand Ruamphet means house of Doctors, i would surmise that is why the same name.

Wot, no mention about the owners wife with curly hair who used to pretend to be a nurse AND specialized in checking farangs for prostrate trouble (finger up the arse), even when they came in with an ear ache or other unrelated ailments!!!!!!

She just did that to keep her "hands in the practice" , so to say.
I give her credit though as she dedicatedly goes to work every day.

(You should see how she checks a pulse !) :p lol

Lightfoot- There was a case in the last 12 mths or so,where a Farang challenged the hospital s bill in the High Court & the Judge in his wisdom stated it s in order for hospitals to
charge "non Thais" Double the price.
The big minus with this verdict is if you are having serious h/issues,the hospital takes alot of your pot & if you unfortunately pass away,your spouse is left with alot less.

Wot, no mention about the owners wife with curly hair who used to pretend to be a nurse AND specialized in checking farangs for prostrate trouble (finger up the arse), even when they came in with an ear ache or other unrelated ailments!!!!!!
I heard she told a number of Thai wives of farang they needed an HIV test because they were married to farangs and everyone knows it is farangs spreading the HIV around in Thailand. Complete nutter who, from what I was told, is not a medical doctor (possibly a nurse) and is the wife of the owner of the hospital. What I have been told. Wannabe doctor.

Curious, Was Ruamphet hospital 1 Dr Ann hospital also? What's the other story on the hospital that was started going on 214,to Prasat I think it's past the university. It was just a big unused building getting rundown ?
No, different owners from Ruamphet 2 I was told.

Dr Anan and her husband ( she jumps to conclusions very quickly causing much grief to Thai wives)are the owners of Ruamphet Hospital. I understand their son works there also. The Ruamphet at Surin Plaza is not the same owner,
the poor Cambodians were using this hospital. I understand Ruamphet means house of Doctors, i would surmise that is why the same name.
Yes, before Covid I went in Ruamphet 1 a couple times and there were tons of Cambos there for treatment. They started letting the Cambodians use Surin for medical care. Was a pain having all those Cambodians there as the wait times doubled. My doctor said they were overwhelmed with the added patients coming in there. Same for BigC and Makro really. They'd all go shopping after their hospital visits to buy stuff to bring back to Cambodia. They even made special register lanes for just Cambodian shoppers. Nuts.

I heard she told a number of Thai wives of farang they needed an HIV test because they were married to farangs and everyone knows it is farangs spreading the HIV around in Thailand. Complete nutter who, from what I was told, is not a medical doctor (possibly a nurse) and is the wife of the owner of the hospital. What I have been told. Wannabe doctor.
+1
AtB know about her!

Lightfoot- There was a case in the last 12 mths or so,where a Farang challenged the hospital s bill in the High Court & the Judge in his wisdom stated it s in order for hospitals to
charge "non Thais" Double the price.
The big minus with this verdict is if you are having serious h/issues,the hospital takes alot of your pot & if you unfortunately pass away,your spouse is left with alot less.
I remember that Court case now that you refreshed my memory.

Last edited:
Dr. Ann
A few years ago, maybe 8-9 years ago I remember a conversation with Dr. Ann about her son that is a Cardiologist was working in OHSU, the big teaching University Hospital in Portland Oregon US.
She saw medical records of my treatment OHSU, must've sparked her interest, she also told me of somebody in Her family dying from the same treatment I was treated for at OHSU.

She told me Friday last week that her son came back to Thailand and is working at the King Chulalongkorn hospital BKK, He took her husband to the King Chulalongkorn hospital to take care of him.
She also told my wife not to worry after the big C word and told her to come and sit by her office because her husband has had Cancer for five years and he's not dead yet. She opted not to and stayed with me the duration of time at the hospital

A few attractive Cambodian daughters accompanied their parents to the hospital. Helped with the additional waiting tme:yum::grinning:

Leave it to Nick to find the bright-side of things.

My first trip to Thailand was with a dual Thai/American citizen. She and I spent a few days on Koh Chang.
While at the ferry terminal waiting for our ferry I was conversing with some male westerners who were heading onwards to Sihanoukville, Cambodia. They absolutely raved about the women there.

Afterwards my lady friend flat out stated those westerners were probably child-molesters...literally depraved child-farkers. I figured she was just being overly judgemental and I didn't pay much mind.

Upon reflection a year later I thought she may have been much more aware of the reality of older solo men traveling and I was still naïve as to what went on in parts of SE Asia.

Of course I'm not being judgemental.

Last edited:
Back