Immigration confirm Muang Thong Thani office to reopen amid speculation visa amnesty will not be ext

I'm so confused that I do not know what I am confused about.

Quote: Whilst post 31 July may not fall under the ‘amnesty’ heading, I suspect that there will be a 2 months grace period for people to extend their permission of stay - for a 1,900 Baht fee.

I was talking about those of us on annual extensions. Unquote

.. and I think I said "we" are not covered by the amnesty/grace periods etc

I'll be heading up to the Kap Choeng (Surin) Immi Wednesday morning with my wife to see the boss, to see what is going on, and what I have to do to get/stay all legal. My 1 year O multi entry, gotten last year in Savanakhet Laos Thai consulate, expires the end of August. And we will see what can be done about the 'extension' they are yapping about for my 90 day report/walk out and back in bullshit. I sure as shit ain't leaving the LOS for the USA. I'll report back what happens.

Okay. My wife spoke with the bossman at Surin Imm in Kap Choeng. I had to send him my photos (by phone camera) of my passport front page and my visa. He said he is also waiting to see what Bangkok Immi says, as he is also waiting for some clarification. He did say he believes there will be another 2 month extension of the free ride for visa holders. He said he would get back to us once he knows what the heck is going on himself. Nice guy and very helpful when he can be.

Okay. My wife spoke with the bossman at Surin Imm in Kap Choeng. I had to send him my photos (by phone camera) of my passport front page and my visa. He said he is also waiting to see what Bangkok Immi says, as he is also waiting for some clarification. He did say he believes there will be another 2 month extension of the free ride for visa holders. He said he would get back to us once he knows what the heck is going on himself. Nice guy and very helpful when he can be.

10 days to go and they do not have a clue. Is this the way to run an Immigration service? And I am not getting at Surin Immigration either. I have always found them to be as helpful as they possibly can be. Over the years, my wife has developed a very good rapport with the senior guys down there. When I have questions, she will ring to seek and obtain answers. However, the flow of directions from the top - down seems to leave much to the imagination. :confused::confused::confused:

10 days to go and they do not have a clue. Is this the way to run an Immigration service? And I am not getting at Surin Immigration either. I have always found them to be as helpful as they possibly can be. Over the years, my wife has developed a very good rapport with the senior guys down there. When I have questions, she will ring to seek and obtain answers. However, the flow of directions from the top - down seems to leave much to the imagination. :confused::confused::confused:

The Immigration service is subject to the control of the government and the cabinet is responsible for approving matters such as the visa amnesty.

Proposals have been put forward and there is a cabinet meeting shortly (Today I think).

Should this have been done 2 weeks ago - yes, of course,

Interesting. Potentially another two-month extension towards applying for a one-year extension based on a marriage or retirement visa.

I wonder how the 'seasoning of money' game will play out.

@nomad97 , as I recall you're up to bat in November.

Interesting. Potentially another two-month extension towards applying for a one-year extension based on a marriage or retirement visa.

There has been no amnesty (as far as I know) regarding long term extensions of stay. Presuming that statement is correct, the two month extension, if it is granted, will also not apply to long term extension of stay Farangs.

There has been no amnesty (as far as I know) regarding long term extensions of stay. Presuming that statement is correct, the two month extension, if it is granted, will also not apply to long term extension of stay Farangs.

Correct. As previously stated, those of us on annual extensions are not part of the amnesty.

Possibly this OP thread about an Immigration office reopening is not the best place for a discussion on visa 'renewals'.

The automatic extension of stay in the Kingdom, which was to expire on July 31, is now renewed until Sep. 26, according to government spokeswoman Traisuree Taisaranakul.

The mandatory 90-day reporting for foreigners residing in Thailand is also suspended, she said.

Should I be permitted to report my 90 days on-line I shall do so before the due date (23rd August 2020). However, should on-line reporting be rejected because of my new passport, I shall await September 26th 2020 (or soon thereafter).

Should I be permitted to report my 90 days on-line I shall do so before the due date (23rd August 2020). However, should on-line reporting be rejected because of my new passport, I shall await September 26th 2020 (or soon thereafter).

That sounds like exactly the correct approach.

Nomad will no doubt follow your lead.

When the music eventually stops my guess is that they will do one of two things:-

1. Confirm that any 90 day reports falling within the amnesty can be ignored and your next report date is 90 days after whatever your reporting date was prior to 26 September.

2. Give everyone 30 days to make a 90 day report, irrespective of when the last reporting date was.

Option one is the most sensible

1. Confirm that any 90 day reports falling within the amnesty can be ignored and your next report date is 90 days after whatever your reporting date was prior to 26 September.

Option one is the most sensible

That sounds far too sensible.

Back