Immigration confirm Muang Thong Thani office to reopen amid speculation visa amnesty will not be ext

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Immigration confirm Muang Thong Thani office to reopen amid speculation visa amnesty will not be extended

Pictures: Naew Na

Thailand's Region 1 immigration have confirmed that the temporary visa office in the Muang Thong Housing estate in Nonthaburi will reopen next Monday, July 13th.

The office will handle 90 day reports, address reports and short extensions of stay.

Naew Na said it was reopening under the orders of immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang as he cares about foreigners in Thailand.

It will help to ease pressure on the main immigration center at the Government Complex a few kilometers away on the other side of Chaeng Wattana Road in northern Bangkok.

The media said that with the amnesty on visas expected to come to an end at the end of July it was felt that the Government Complex could become overcrowded.

In order to not compromise arrangements like social distancing the temporary office will resume operations much as it did earlier in the year at the height of the pandemic.

The news comes as foreigners in Thailand are eagerly awaiting news regarding the current visa amnesty which at the time of publishing is due to end on 31 July.

Some have speculated that the re-opening of the temporary immigration office may be an indication that the visa amnesty will not be extended beyond its current expiry date.

However, no official announcement regarding the visa amnesty post 31 July has yet been made.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/11...ot-be-extended/?tab=comments#comment-15600813

And that was why I did my 90-day report when I did. I wanted to get some distance between my next reporting date and the end date of the amnesty. Watch this space, I do not see a happy landing at the end of the month.

And that was why I did my 90-day report when I did. I wanted to get some distance between my next reporting date and the end date of the amnesty. Watch this space, I do not see a happy landing at the end of the month.

I can’t see an issue.

Whilst post 31 July may not fall under the ‘amnesty’ heading, I suspect that there will be a 2 months grace period for people to extend their permission of stay - for a 1,900 Baht fee.

That would not be unreasonable and is comparable with what border runs cost.

I can’t see an issue.

Whilst post 31 July may not fall under the ‘amnesty’ heading, I suspect that there will be a 2 months grace period for people to extend their permission of stay - for a 1,900 Baht fee.

That would not be unreasonable and is comparable with what border runs cost.

There was not an amnesty on "permissions to stay" (at least not on mine). If you were nearing the end of your previous 12 months, it was mandatory that you re-apply irrespective of corona-19 amnesties.

There was not an amnesty on "permissions to stay" (at least not on mine). If you were nearing the end of your previous 12 months, it was mandatory that you re-apply irrespective of corona-19 amnesties.

I was talking about those of us on annual extensions.

There are people (for example) on visa exempt entries who are married and perfectly entitled to extend their permission to stay.

There are people (for example) on visa exempt entries who are married and perfectly entitled to extend their permission to stay.
I am on an Extension of Stay, based on Marriage to a Thai. I went through all the normal steps, visited SI in Kap Choeng when needed to this past June for my annual visit, now I must report by mail again in September. Piece of cake, like always.

Easy....

Now I am confused.

I am on an Extension of Stay, based on Marriage to a Thai. I went through all the normal steps, visited SI in Kap Choeng when needed to this past June for my annual visit, now I must report by mail again in September. Piece of cake, like always.

Easy....

@Mario, please clarify. Are you saying you will do your 90-day report by post in September? In the past, S.I. has not let me do my 90-day report by post. Have they now relaxed this rule?

Easy....

That is good news and will certainly save Nomad, and perhaps a few others, the trouble of visiting SI.

@Mario, please clarify. Are you saying you will do your 90-day report by post in September? In the past, S.I. has not let me do my 90-day report by post. Have they now relaxed this rule?
Sorry Nomad, I mis-stated. I will do my 90-day online, by computer, like always. I've NEVER done by post, only once a year visit for the extension and then 90-day reports online. Sorry for the confusion.

I'll be heading up to the Kap Choeng (Surin) Immi Wednesday morning with my wife to see the boss, to see what is going on, and what I have to do to get/stay all legal. My 1 year O multi entry, gotten last year in Savanakhet Laos Thai consulate, expires the end of August. And we will see what can be done about the 'extension' they are yapping about for my 90 day report/walk out and back in bullshit. I sure as shit ain't leaving the LOS for the USA. I'll report back what happens.

I'll be heading up to the Kap Choeng (Surin) Immi Wednesday morning with my wife to see the boss, to see what is going on, and what I have to do to get/stay all legal. My 1 year O multi entry, gotten last year in Savanakhet Laos Thai consulate, expires the end of August. And we will see what can be done about the 'extension' they are yapping about for my 90 day report/walk out and back in bullshit. I sure as shit ain't leaving the LOS for the USA. I'll report back what happens.

Mike, sometime during August (or later IF the amnesty is extended) you may want to consider this................................ borders may be open by the end of October?

Non Immigrant O Visa Extension: How to Extend Your Stay by 60 Days

If you have a Non Immigrant O Visa (multiple entry), then you’ll need to leave Thailand every 90 days.

This means every 90 days from the date stamped in your passport by immigration when you enter the country.

In addition to this entry date, you’ll also see the date you need to leave by on this stamp.

Note that you can leave the country on the said exit date, but I’d arrange to leave a day or two before, just in case you fall sick or miss a coach or flight.

If you have a Non Immigrant O Visa based on marriage, or family in Thailand, you can extend this 3-months (90 days) to 5 months.

In other words you can get an extra 60-days, without having to leave the country.

The cost of this is 1,900 Baht.

Non Immigrant O Extension – Documents Required
  • Passport (original).
  • Photocopy of passport.
  • Photocopy of visa and arrival card (these will be in your passport).
  • House certificate / copy of lease agreement at the condo you stay in. (Take the original if you have it). If this is your condo lease agreement, it must have your signature and the owners signature on it. A piece of paper stating your address, the deposit you paid and the amount you pay each month is not enough. It must be a proper agreement.
  • A signed copy of the home owner's ID card – if not your wife.
  • Wife’s Tabien Baan (copy is fine) – this is the house document for the home she is officially registered as living in Thailand.
  • Wife's ID card (original to be shown, also have a copy with you). If security tries to take this from your wife at the entrance in exchange for a card, be sure to tell them you need it to show the immigration officer. We ran into this issue and had to retrieve it.
  • Marriage Certificate (original and copy) – Make sure you take the original because I nearly came unstuck only having a copy last time.

https://www.thethailandlife.com/non...migrant O Visa based on,of this is 1,900 Baht.

Thanks Coco. This is the info I was looking for.

Mike, sometime during August (or later IF the amnesty is extended) you may want to consider this................................ borders may be open by the end of October?

Non Immigrant O Visa Extension: How to Extend Your Stay by 60 Days

If you have a Non Immigrant O Visa (multiple entry), then you’ll need to leave Thailand every 90 days.

This means every 90 days from the date stamped in your passport by immigration when you enter the country.

In addition to this entry date, you’ll also see the date you need to leave by on this stamp.

Note that you can leave the country on the said exit date, but I’d arrange to leave a day or two before, just in case you fall sick or miss a coach or flight.

If you have a Non Immigrant O Visa based on marriage, or family in Thailand, you can extend this 3-months (90 days) to 5 months.

In other words you can get an extra 60-days, without having to leave the country.

The cost of this is 1,900 Baht.

Non Immigrant O Extension – Documents Required
  • Passport (original).
  • Photocopy of passport.
  • Photocopy of visa and arrival card (these will be in your passport).
  • House certificate / copy of lease agreement at the condo you stay in. (Take the original if you have it). If this is your condo lease agreement, it must have your signature and the owners signature on it. A piece of paper stating your address, the deposit you paid and the amount you pay each month is not enough. It must be a proper agreement.
  • A signed copy of the home owner's ID card – if not your wife.
  • Wife’s Tabien Baan (copy is fine) – this is the house document for the home she is officially registered as living in Thailand.
  • Wife's ID card (original to be shown, also have a copy with you). If security tries to take this from your wife at the entrance in exchange for a card, be sure to tell them you need it to show the immigration officer. We ran into this issue and had to retrieve it.
  • Marriage Certificate (original and copy) – Make sure you take the original because I nearly came unstuck only having a copy last time.

https://www.thethailandlife.com/non-immigrant-visa-extend-stay-60-days#:~:text=by 60 Days-,Non Immigrant O Visa Extension: How to,Your Stay by 60 Days&text=If you have a Non Immigrant O Visa based on,of this is 1,900 Baht.

If I recall the marriage visa from Savannakhet Laos provides a loophole where no money must be bankrolled in a Thai bank or proof of income shown.
Was that true ?

Are you allowed to do that in back-to-back years or is it just a one-time gift ?

I believe all that SI will be concerned with is your valid marriage cert along with proof of funds seasoned or proof of monthly income.

It will be interesting to know how you make out on Wednesday. Good luck.

Yes.

Yes.

For a 60 day extension SI will not be interested in funds....... not a requirement, the 60 days is a 'right' bestowed on someone married to a Thai. (see docs required above).

By what ?
In what way ?

I'm so confused that I do not know what I am confused about.

Quote: Whilst post 31 July may not fall under the ‘amnesty’ heading, I suspect that there will be a 2 months grace period for people to extend their permission of stay - for a 1,900 Baht fee.

I was talking about those of us on annual extensions. Unquote

Back