Isaan snakes

Used be able to own a air rifle. Not sure that it is possible now
Soft air rife and pistols are okay. Range is limited. Particularly in the wind. I have a soft air pistol, It quite accurate up to about 10 metres
The other which is a possibility is a PCP air rifle. The parts can be bought here in Thailand to assemble your own rifle.

But you need to be vary, very careful that the locals don't see you using it.
Reason being that to them you are using a firearm. To them it is a gun and that is it. Next thing you will find yourself surrounded by the police units with the possibility of being shot dead.
Sorry! I am not exaggerating.
As for bringing any firearms of any sort into Thailand. Forget it
Having been a firearm owner and hunter in NZ most of my life. I was still hopeful that I could own and use even a airgun even just for target shooting around the house.
I have done a lot of research into the firearm scene here in Thailand.
Your wife can own a firearm. You can shoot it at a legal range under her supervision.
Archery is okay.
Airsoft is okay.
Slingshots okay.
There is more to it. But what it all means is forget it.
Google the PCP rifle.
Thanks, Deerculler, one hunter to another. I do miss the wild boar sausage we'd make, and feel good about, since the boars are very destructive. I'd rather not make the news here. How about a crossbow slingshot with a scope? ;) Using depleted uranium rocks, could be pretty effective. Sounds a bit Neanderthal though. Or maybe I'll just quit worrying about the whole issue and just throw rocks. ไม่เป็นไร

Thanks, Deerculler, one hunter to another. I do miss the wild boar sausage we'd make, and feel good about, since the boars are very destructive. I'd rather not make the news here. How about a crossbow slingshot with a scope? ;) Using depleted uranium rocks, could be pretty effective. Sounds a bit Neanderthal though. Or maybe I'll just quit worrying about the whole issue and just throw rocks. ไม่เป็นไร
I remember when I was a kid in Brisbane, some locals were throwing rocks at a snake when my father, who was born in the West, came running around the side of the house, grabbed a shovel and went out and killed the snake, as he had done many times in his youth. It was an Eastern Brown, the second most venomous land snake on the planet. He wasn’t too pleased with the crowd throwing rocks as someone could have been bitten.

No problem using a sling shot. I miss venison.

Back