J Tuk Somtam Highly Recommended ***** by ATB, The Best Chicken & Tomset In Surin

If I understand the directions correctly, then the restaurant is located as shown on the map (look in the top left corner of the map above the elephant roundabout):

Map deleted - see post #26 below.

Last edited:
Sorry for being picky, Nomad, but I can't see Starbeam's on the latest version.

If I understand the directions correctly, then the restaurant is located as shown on the map (look in the top left corner of the map above the elephant roundabout):

Map deleted - see post #26 below.

I’ve just looked at the map & I would say its nearly perfect, I would just push it past those set of traffic lights a little bit more as some members require precision (but I can see you are running out of space in that section), but all in all it shows the two ways I originally gave perfect, which you have made easier to follow, it shows the second way in much clearer than me trying to explain turn right behind the big market.

As just a suggestion if Nomad is not busy, then when recommending a place it would be best to send him the directions for him to add to the map to make it easier, or alternatively make the map open source so anybody can add where something is?

I have eaten there again today, SomTam Kai Kem it was amazing, I should note as well that this little treasure is award winning & if any member takes their Thai partners they will definitely be in for brownie points, my wife & daughter loved the food.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I ate at this place so, my interest renewed by LI's OP, I went for lunch today.

The boss there speaks pretty good English. I asked him what was good today, what he would recommend. He said salmon with Thai herbs.

It was great. Cubes of barbecued salmon meat (plenty of them) mixed with Thai herbs (onion, chili, lemon grass, sweet basil, mint, Chinese celery, carrot, peanut and those salty little dried shrimps) and accompanied by a generous serving of lettuce, cucumber and tomato.

At 150 baht, a tasty, healthy and good value lunch. By the way, I arrived at noon; every table was occupied by 12h15.

I think making the map open source would lead to chaos. Nomad does a wonderful job with his updates. Not easy to fit so much information on a map covering that area. We are lucky to have his expertise and discretion re inclusions.
Maybe a few surinfarang calendars would be good with the map on .
And my Alan the builder website .
If someone can make I will be happy to pay for them to be printed and passed on to any members wanting one :cool:

Maybe a few surinfarang calendars would be good with the map on .
And my Alan the builder website .
If someone can make I will be happy to pay for them to be printed and passed on to any members wanting one :cool:

Let me think about it Alan - if I get some spare time I will see what I can do.

Back