KCI extension today.

Any expansion in Public Service, services such as a Immi office in every province will soon be reversed, when economic reality of such an activity will bite into budgets.
A good idea from some bureaucrat, will soon get axed after they get the bill. Not being negative, just a reality from someone that has observed this type of action time and time again.

Or alternatively they may increase the price for some services (visas, extensions, etc.) and charge for some services that are currently offered or conducted free of charge. Many of us are a "captive audience" so to speak.

However, TiT so they could do something completely different.

Or alternatively they may increase the price for some services (visas, extensions, etc.) and charge for some services that are currently offered or conducted free of charge. Many of us are a "captive audience" so to speak.

However, TiT so they could do something completely different.

In any event, there is an immediate benefit for most (Prasatians excluded) by not having to travel to Kap Choeng.

Maybe KC office is for the province of Surin.
GL has been quiet confirming your statement (which is unusual for him).

KCI is the required office for ALL of Surin and Buriram Provinces at this moment. If an immigration office in Buriram opens then that office will be for Buriram only. As for Mueang Surin getting its on office I have heard nothing on this except what I have seen by two entities on forums. At the moment there must be at least a dozen rumors going about immigration offices opening in other provinces and yet none have. It does look like Buriram is getting closer but still no cigar. As for Surin Provinces its KCI for the time being.

Last edited:
KCI is the required office for ALL of Surin and Buriram Provinces at this moment. If an immigration office in Buriram opens then that office will be for Buriram only. As for Mueang Surin getting its on office I have heard nothing on this except what I have seen by two entities on forums. At the moment there must be at least a dozen rumors going about immigration offices opening in other provinces and yet none have. It does look like Buriram is getting closer but still no cigar. As for Surin Provinces its KCI for the time being.

Btw. Lamphun Province from reports on TV maybe getting and immigration office Muange Lamphun. Lamphun is the smallest province in Thailand and Muaeng Lamphun is about 25 km from Chiang Mai international airport. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/925839-new-immigration-office-in-lamphun/

GL, you can have your cigar on 16th July (although I still believe it will be nearer to the end of July). I could supply the names of the two IOs if they actually sat where their nameplates were!

So................ it seems KCI was open yesterday after all.............. and probably today as well.

They were DEFINITELY open today!

I just spent 70 minutes in there obtaining my 11 month extension to stay (no overstay fines requested nor offered).

For Coffee's information, the forms which were submitted 30 days ago and checked by 4 IOs were comprehensively checked again by 4 IOs and I assume also by the big boss prior to appending his signature. I was also required to complete another "intrusive questionnaire" which was so faint it was virtually unreadable. I only detailed my name, address, passport details and email address which appeared to be satisfactory.

There is a new girl/lady in there who is apparently the most senior IO of the downstairs regime. Quite pretty.

There was a Farang there who was on the last day of his "awaiting approval" but only had the visit yesterday. An IO confirmed that they had not yet received the visitation report and remarked that they were suffering from insufficient staff to conduct the home visits.

Another Farang attending to report his 90 days was slightly reprimanded because his extension had been recorded in Pattaya and his wife/girlfriend was unable to produce a TM 30 for his temporary stay in Buriram.

What's the problem...sounds like due digilence.

Did you ask a question , make an inquiry , offer a suggestion or file a complaint ?
(I already know your reply will be 'Of couse not' or 'No').

Nice report anyhow...just like Co-Co's from yesterday.
Speaking of which did you inquire about "Surin city IMM office"...? :)flushed:)

For Coffee's information, the forms which were submitted 30 days ago and checked by 4 IOs were comprehensively checked again by 4 IOs and I assume also by the big boss prior to appending his signature.

My wife at one point enquired if there was a problem with my submission (because of all the checking). "No problem" the IO said, "His submission is perfect".

:tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:

The action of accepting or yielding...affirmative.
Your submission is purr-fect.

What's the problem...sounds like due digilence.

Did you ask a question , make an inquiry , offer a suggestion or file a complaint ?
(I already know your reply will be 'Of couse not' or 'No').

Nice report anyhow...just like Co-Co's from yesterday.
Speaking of which did you inquire about "Surin city IMM office"...? :)flushed:)

I don't believe that Yorky alluded to a problem.

However, if I try and picture the scene I can imagine Yorky exuding as much warmth as the tallish thin guy in the corner.

I only have 2 questions for Yorky;

1. Did your wife enquire about a problem of her own volition - or did you encourage her to ask (my mental image sees you tut-tutting rather than Mrs Yorky).

2. Why didn't you (or Mrs Yorky) ask about a new Surin office.

I only have 2 questions for Yorky;

1. Did your wife enquire about a problem of her own volition.

Yes, she did. In fact she only mentioned it (along with all the other gossip) as we boarded the truck to come home.

2. Why didn't you (or Mrs Yorky) ask about a new Surin office.

I never even thought about it. I just concentrated on looking pleasant (as much as I am able) and obtaining the bloody extension!

9e052fa148ce3fa0c59af9f25025674f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back