Large Hass type Avocados from Chiang Mai

Prasatcanadian

Hi, we are going to Chiang Mai to get some plants and the large type Hass Avocados we found where to get some.

Anyone wanting some we will be bringing them back to Prasat.
The cost will be 450 bht per plant and 50 bht for shipping, so 500 bht. These have been grafted and will get fruit, average fruit size will be 200 to 300 grm. He does have the larger ones also however the ones we are getting give the most fruit in 3 years around 300 grms he says.

The larger fruiting plants dont produce as many however can get close to 1/2 kg we bought some a few years ago when we were there and great.

So I am getting a few of them also just to have. they however are 650 a plant + 50 bht for shipping and grafted also so you will get fruit.

We are taking a truck and will be coming back through Surin to Prasat, you can meet in Surin on our way back to pick up or come to farm in Prasat to pick up.
Payment must be made before we will buy any for you sorry.

We will be going next week and a 4 day trip up and back and wont be going again .

My names Brent
please reply let me know your email, if interested and we can email or plan to meet on phone as well.
THANKS

Last edited:
Just the pessimist in me cumming out but I doubt Surin is the right climate for Avocado. But please go ahead and prove me wrong. I just base this on a lifetime living in a similar climate.

Just the pessimist in me cumming out but I doubt Surin is the right climate for Avocado. But please go ahead and prove me wrong. I just base this on a lifetime living in a similar climate.

Won't know until he try's. Said the same thing was said about our Spanish Lemon tree and they are selling like hot cakes. If PC plants them correctly such as our SLT are he has a very good chance of success. Just saying.

Temperature for Fruit Set
Avocado trees require a second tree to ensure good fruit production, but temperature also affects fruit set. The optimum temperature for "Hass" fruit set is between 65 and 75 degrees F. When temperatures are cooler or warmer, it affects fruit set because trees can produce fruit from flowers that did not receive proper pollination. If this occurs, the fruit is generally smaller, elongated fruit called "cukes." The "cukes" often drop from the tree, but if they do not, you can pick and eat them.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/season-planting-hass-avocado-64781.html

The average yearly temperatures in Surin tend to be significantly higher than 65 to 75 degrees F.

Hi, I hate to urst your bubble but we have 10 in our back yard in Prasat and 3 years old all have fruit for the second year now.
If you dont have grafted plants you will never get fruit also.
Also for the heat until they get lots of leaves you can put some latex paint on the bark to kep them from sunburning.

Morning, Well we have been growing them for over 3 years in our back yard and they are all loaded with fruit, as long as they have been grafted and feed well they are fine.
Also using latex paint on the back keeps them from sunburning in the heat until they have a lot of leaves on them.
Since we cut all the banana plants down 340 from the panama fungus we are changing to Avocado since we have 10 in the back yard that have done very well.

I can go get some pictures if any one really wants to see them!

Morning, Well we have been growing them for over 3 years in our back yard and they are all loaded with fruit, as long as they have been grafted and feed well they are fine.
Also using latex paint on the back keeps them from sunburning in the heat until they have a lot of leaves on them.
Since we cut all the banana plants down 340 from the panama fungus we are changing to Avocado since we have 10 in the back yard that have done very well.

I can go get some pictures if any one really wants to see them!

You know what your doing and the negative prats don't.:p Keep up the great work. :D:D:D:D BTW PC I'm just down the street from you in Kap Choeng. We need to get together and swap ideas. Our first Spanish Lemon tree came from CNX. When you get a chance post some photos please.:D:D

Ok went and got pictures , also we realized that we wernt feeding them enough and some we took a lot of leaves off that were turning brown.

SO now we fertilized them and added more mulch in the past few days.
However even with making mistakes they are producing very well and we will be selling some come this fall from them should be around 400 on these plants.

Here are the pictures : some are suffering still from taking the leaves off but still doing great :):)
enjoy

Attachments

• 23875.jpg
    23875.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 23876.jpg
    23876.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 23877.jpg
    23877.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 23879.jpg
    23879.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 37
  • 23880.jpg
    23880.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 23881.jpg
    23881.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 23882.jpg
    23882.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 32
You know what your doing and the negative prats don't.:p Keep up the great work. :D:D:D:D BTW PC I'm just down the street from you in Kap Choeng. We need to get together and swap ideas. Our first Spanish Lemon tree came from CNX. When you get a chance post some photos please.:D:D
Thx yea and no worries lets get together and trade ideas. We have a lemon tree too looks goofie i took the seeds from a yellow lemon like google said a few years back washed them and put in fridge and then planted . Grew ok but sure funny looking hahaha.
I was just in Kap choeng 2 days ago did my 3 month not sure how to trade emails on here but welcome lets meet up .
Brent

If i hadn't grown them and tried and had such great success I wouldn't be spending the $$ and adding a bunch more where the Bananas were. what i have realized is the compost from the Banana plants will be great for these guys too.

So we will have over 30 more planted this year and will be grafting from the ones we have also and selling plants in a couple years, till then we will enjoy eating them.
We also freeze them in ice cube trays and zip lock so when i want some in an omelet or sandwich i take a few ice cubes out and 10 min ready to use. :)

OH i forgot to say reading the post of the professional guy thats never grown them about fruit size. and copying links from web sites.
I have researched them for 4 years and about being a super food also and started them to be able to share with my wife's family ourselves to enjoy since they had never had in their lives and its cool to grow something special. .

All the fruit we get is the size of a softball in the fall and leaving them on the tree for a month they are really sweet.

Thx yea and no worries lets get together and trade ideas. We have a lemon tree too looks goofie i took the seeds from a yellow lemon like google said a few years back washed them and put in fridge and then planted . Grew ok but sure funny looking hahaha.
I was just in Kap choeng 2 days ago did my 3 month not sure how to trade emails on here but welcome lets meet up .
Brent

Check out this thread. http://surinfarang.com/forum/threads/spanish-lemon-tree-update.22994/

Well we will have to talk about over some cold ones :sweatsmile:, but i am sure the 2 of us are right. At least we try and not just talk about what others done and failed.
Lots tried to build cars and failed but we still have them too hahaha .

Well we will have to talk about over some cold ones :sweatsmile:, but i am sure the 2 of us are right. At least we try and not just talk about what others done and failed.
Lots tried to build cars and failed but we still have them too hahaha .

SWMBO is into this organic bit big time. She is tagged up with just about every Thai government organization thats into alternative farming. Alot of Thai organization use HER farm as a show and tell. April 5 I have been told the army is bringing a group of 40 over.

Last edited:
Just a final posting, we will be going early next week and I am not driving up again. Thanks to those who I made contact with and ordered.
We should have grafted plants in 2 years for the few that want to grow.
Also now and again I will post to show how these 3 year old plants are doing , ( with Pictures )
Maybe a few a month. Pictures :)

thx

Back