MAKRO SURIN

After visiting this morning, my advice to one and all is give Makro a miss for a while. Big alterations going on. Everything out of place. Many aisles blocked by forklifts. Many shelves blocked with palletised goods, making access impossible Dairy goods previously on open refrigerated shelves are now locked away in dozens of refrigerators. You may find what you want but only by chance!

We called in Makro, Surin yesterday afternoon to purchase one particular item (which other stores don't appear to carry). The place was heaving! We located the item but when I saw the queues we gave up and came home. Even the 10 items or less queue was horrendous and it was obvious that many of the punters were not mathematicians.

My wife returned to Makro today and bought the item.

We called in Makro, Surin yesterday afternoon to purchase one particular item (which other stores don't appear to carry). The place was heaving! We located the item but when I saw the queues we gave up and came home. Even the 10 items or less queue was horrendous and it was obvious that many of the punters were not mathematicians.

Other than an extreme emergency, I have always avoided the likes of Makro, Big C and Lotus's on weekends. If I really have to go, then I am at the door when it is unlocked..

Other than an extreme emergency, I have always avoided the likes of Makro, Big C and Lotus's on weekends. If I really have to go, then I am at the door when it is unlocked..

We were passing and it seemed like a good idea at the time.

In general I avoid Makro and Big 'C' any day of the week. My wife goes with a list.

The subject item.......

Garden umbrella s.jpg

I've gotten mine in Thai Watsadu.

We checked Thai Watsadu (amongst other outlets) and they didn't have one suitable. We already had the base (from the knackered one) so the pole had to be 25mm dia. The majority in TW had 30mm+ dia so wouldn't fit. The few with 25mm dia poles were not very sturdy and the span not sufficient anyway.

Shopped again at Makro Surin this morning 10am. Layout improved

However Fruit & Veg dept had barely any prices of goods displayed. Been open 4 hours and SFA

Arrived at check out - 4 open and each had 10/11 customers queuing. Staff milling around but nobody in authority to open a few more check outs.!!!!!!!!!!!

Check outs No 1 & 2 are max 20 items and CASH ONLY. 5 of the 10 folk ahead of me fumbled with their bloody phones, 3 asked for help, and paid using QR codes. Why did the cashier not reprimand them? Why not tell them to go to another check out. I voiced my thoughts but doubtful any of the idiots understood!

Buriram branch are far more professional. Sadly I just happened to be in Surin this morning!

Shopped again at Makro Surin this morning 10am. Layout improved

However Fruit & Veg dept had barely any prices of goods displayed. Been open 4 hours and SFA

Arrived at check out - 4 open and each had 10/11 customers queuing. Staff milling around but nobody in authority to open a few more check outs.!!!!!!!!!!!

Check outs No 1 & 2 are max 20 items and CASH ONLY. 5 of the 10 folk ahead of me fumbled with their bloody phones, 3 asked for help, and paid using QR codes. Why did the cashier not reprimand them? Why not tell them to go to another check out. I voiced my thoughts but doubtful any of the idiots understood!

Buriram branch are far more professional. Sadly I just happened to be in Surin this morning!
We are fairly fortunate here in Patts---except for the ever increasing Ruskie population that flock to Makro daily, name change comming to Fleeputinville.
The only real issue is, they change stock locations weekly--fact, especially Farang goods- keeps you on your toes, they think.
Wev'e done a couple of shops recently to Siamburries in Koa Tallo, much closer to home.

We are fairly fortunate here in Patts---except for the ever increasing Ruskie population that flock to Makro daily, name change comming to Fleeputinville.
The only real issue is, they change stock locations weekly--fact, especially Farang goods- keeps you on your toes, they think.
Wev'e done a couple of shops recently to Siamburries in Koa Tallo, much closer to home.

I refuse to use the main Makro in Pattaya; partly for the above reason but also, quite frankly, there are too many Thais. I find it an unpleasant experience visiting that store and I am fortunate that Makro in Sattahip (less well stocked) is only 10km away. I can also order online with free delivery over 3,000 Baht.

I refuse to use the main Makro in Pattaya; partly for the above reason but also, quite frankly, there are too many Thais. I find it an unpleasant experience visiting that store and I am fortunate that Makro in Sattahip (less well stocked) is only 10km away. I can also order online with free delivery over 3,000 Baht.

This is Thailand-after all!:grinning:

Just read that Makro are increasing their outlets in Cambodia to 4. . That might spare Surin some of their foreign customers, but would not suit CO-CO as he would complain there were too many Cambodians :):)

An apologetic phone call received from Makro.

New catalogue today and new prices. The new fruit and veg prices had not been posted (despite being open for 4 hours already!!!!!!)

And apparently Cash only includes scanning of QR codes!!!!!!! Presumably their WOMEN toilets includes Ladyboys!

No staff available to open extra check-outs...............an unexpected number of customers?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for a Jamesons :)

Back