Milky Mushrooms

Isaan Aussie and wife,
Can I add to the thanks already expressed by John B and Stevo for bringing the boxes and fertilizer over.
For lunch today I had creamed mushrooms on toast - now to start growing them.
Good to meet you both

Our pleasure ColinW. Hope the shrooms lived up to expectations.

I have just sent out a few emails to some local experts, lets see what happens. One advantage would be they can be packaged for retail sale easily. If I can find a local partner to stock them then things would get easier/cheaper. A place like Norbie's would be good as he could use them in the restaurant as well as sell them. Lets see what happens.

OK, answer is airconditioned room needed here. I will look around the village tomorrow, but I don't think there is one a/c unit here.

Chief Inspector IsaanAussie, yes I am giving them a spray....at present every other day seems to be enough to keep the substrate surface damp.

Here's hoping!

Have either of you got any white fluffy mouldy looking stuff on top yet?

OK, tells me you have the bags open a bit at least and not in contact with the top of the casing material. Good stuff. The white stuff would be mycelium that was stuck to the bag before the casing was added that has started populating the casing from the top down, ass up!

Just been to check my mushroom box (nothing better to do during the EPL half time break) and......there are tiny white spots now visible all over the surface.
Could this be early signs of the harvest to come?
Now come on Colin and Steve......are you staying with me in this competition? Do you have little white spots too?

We grow mushrooms now , we have a 1000 bags in the hut at a cost of 8 baht a bag. i'll post some pics tomorrow, we spray them wiith milk and egg mixture.

We grow mushrooms now , we have a 1000 bags in the hut at a cost of 8 baht a bag. i'll post some pics tomorrow, we spray them wiith milk and egg mixture.

Good for you Sangka, look forward to the pictures. I just use water on mine, what sort of fussy bugger mushrooms are you growing?

View attachment 7447

View attachment 7446

View attachment 7445

Mushroom Type we grow are ,
Sajour-caju-Mushrooms.

Same as in the pic below.
th

Last edited by a moderator:
We have another 1000 on order, they take around a month to make a 1000 Bags, from the farm we buy them from, i would like to have about 5000 bags in all buy xmas.

We have another 1000 on order, they take around a month to make a 1000 Bags, from the farm we buy them from, i would like to have about 5000 bags in all buy xmas.

That not bad timing if they are making up fresh bags for each order. 1000 substrate bags to make, then sterilise, then innoculate, then wait for spawn run and then deliver. Good idea to build up over a period of time so you get continous production. I like the oyster mushrooms but would probably go for bigger bags and hang them.

Stevo, is the bag touching the casing material? Is it cotton wool looking mould or small round lumps? What colour is it?

It looks like cotton wool. It is quite a bright white colour. The bag is only touching down the sides.

Have I managed to bugger it up?

It looks like cotton wool. It is quite a bright white colour. The bag is only touching down the sides.

Have I managed to bugger it up?

No Stevo You haven't buggered it up. Just very lightly scratch that wooley stuff off the top and chuck it out. So far you all seem to be doing pretty well. The real deal is small pins or hard little lumps coming through the surface from underneath. They should be with you this week. Then the race is on to see who grows the biggest shroom!

Back