Mumbo Jumbo Crap and local superstitions.

I hope when you give them a rest you give them only best Nitrogen to fill them.

This is a up and coming BS to a tyre store near you. The theory is that the molecular size of Nitrogen is larger then oxygen and your tyre's will deflate less over time, as the Nitrogen permeates less then the oxygen. Having said that there is 21% oxygen in air and the rest is mostly Nitrogen anyway. So unless you are driving an F1 car forget it. It is available in Thailand now at 250 Baht a tyre.

The garage within the Makro complex have nitrogen for anyone daft enough to want it.

If i filled my tyres with helium, would i fly off up into the sky?

Now theres an idea.. At least it would make the roads safer in Thailand.

The garage within the Makro complex have nitrogen for anyone daft enough to want it.
I had nitrogen in my tires in the states and it worked quite well compared to just putting air in, but was all done for free at the dealer where I bought my SUV.. Would only have to take the car in one time between servicing to have them top off the nitrogen.. So it does work.. The only thing is that I was getting it for free back home.. It was all part of the deal when I bought the car.. I certainly wouldn't pay for it.. The other point is that you have to have good tires and good valves on them.. It's six of one, half a dozen of the other.. But it does work...

Back