Non Imm O multiple entry at Savanakhet

Can you imagine an immigrant having to do a border run in UK (Wales, Scotland and Cornwall don't count). I suppose there's always the Chunnel.

I have done my visa run to Savannakhet. Can't say I actually liked the place beside the Beer Laos.
I drove from Surin to Khonkaen where I applied for a visa at the Laos Consulate. It cost 1400 B for an Australian since there was a Brittish fellow in front of me in the queue I asked him what his charge was, It was 1600 B. The Laos are still paying a dividend for paying for the first bridge at Nongkai. A whole 200 B. Which would come in handy at the end of the trip.

I then drove to Mukdahan where me and the wife stayed at the Riverside hotel on recommendation from Norbie 850 Baht. Very comfortable room and bed and the best breakfast buffet room in Thailand.
It is on the top 6 floor of the hotel overlooking the beautiful Meh Kong. Breaky was nice as well.
We parked the car at the hotel for a fee of 100B a night, So we headed of to the bridge in a Tuk Tuk 200B. We went through Thai Immi and caught the International bus across the bridge 50 Baht each.
Just a point with those traveling with a Thai citizen they are charged 50 Baht to enter Laos and 50 Baht to exit make sure you have a 50 Baht note as they don't like taking 10 Baht coins, this caused me a delay and we missed the bus crossing the river and consequently missed the Thai consulate by just a few minutes causing me to spend two nights and not one in Laos.
We stayed at the New Saen Sabai on recommendation from Cent and found it to be a nice hotel. Could not get used to that big window in the bathroom that opened on to the bed area. Very strange in my opinion given the area. The hotel cost 1080 B . The clerk took my wife's 1000 + 20 + 10 Baht and told us the same guff we got at the boarder on 10 B coin. So my wife then gave 1000 + 20 + 20. Wondering what was now going to happen he reached into the cash drawer and gave my wife a 10 B coin. (Go Figure !).
Like Cent we made friend with a Tuk Tuk driver and he came and got us in the morning and brought us back to the hotel and the following day at 1400 hours when the visas are issued drove us back and to the bridge. Each journey was 200 B.
Being fore warned I submitted copy of wife's tabian ban, ID card, my passport, flowery marriage certificate Kor Ror 3 and a updated copy of my Thai bank book. He looked at it then asked to see my original flowery cert, took my 5000B and that was it.
Picked up the visa 1400 the next day and left the country of Laos. My wife did not appreciate being on the receiving end of a two tier pricing policy that was evident everywhere we went that did not display a price list. We ate at the French restaurant on the edge of the night market it was a bit pricey but we where reliving our honeymoon some 15 years previous where we dined at a French restaurant in Vientiane.
It was very nice food.
Here are the two documents that where on the notice board so there can be no confusion on here say.
sav2.jpg sav3.jpg

Last edited:
There is one thing I really liked about Savvanakhet and that was the French colonial architecture.
sav4.jpg sav1.jpg
Oh one last point to make remember that 200B I saved on my Laos visa. I used that to buy a 6 pack of small Beer Laos Dark to bring back at duty free price. You are allowed one six pack duty free into Thailand. So now we Know. I am drinking them as I type this.

From the couple of pictures you posted, if they are representative of the whole, it look like Laos is in terminal decay. At least the beer seems reasonably priced.

I have done my visa run to Savannakhet. Can't say I actually liked the place beside the Beer Laos.
I drove from Surin to Khonkaen where I applied for a visa at the Laos Consulate. It cost 1400 B for an Australian since there was a Brittish fellow in front of me in the queue I asked him what his charge was, It was 1600 B. The Laos are still paying a dividend for paying for the first bridge at Nongkai. A whole 200 B. Which would come in handy at the end of the trip.

I then drove to Mukdahan where me and the wife stayed at the Riverside hotel on recommendation from Norbie 850 Baht. Very comfortable room and bed and the best breakfast buffet room in Thailand.
It is on the top 6 floor of the hotel overlooking the beautiful Meh Kong. Breaky was nice as well.
We parked the car at the hotel for a fee of 100B a night, So we headed of to the bridge in a Tuk Tuk 200B. We went through Thai Immi and caught the International bus across the bridge 50 Baht each.
Just a point with those traveling with a Thai citizen they are charged 50 Baht to enter Laos and 50 Baht to exit make sure you have a 50 Baht note as they don't like taking 10 Baht coins, this caused me a delay and we missed the bus crossing the river and consequently missed the Thai consulate by just a few minutes causing me to spend two nights and not one in Laos.
We stayed at the New Saen Sabai on recommendation from Cent and found it to be a nice hotel. Could not get used to that big window in the bathroom that opened on to the bed area. Very strange in my opinion given the area. The hotel cost 1080 B . The clerk took my wife's 1000 + 20 + 10 Baht and told us the same guff we got at the boarder on 10 B coin. So my wife then gave 1000 + 20 + 20. Wondering what was now going to happen he reached into the cash drawer and gave my wife a 10 B coin. (Go Figure !).
Like Cent we made friend with a Tuk Tuk driver and he came and got us in the morning and brought us back to the hotel and the following day at 1400 hours when the visas are issued drove us back and to the bridge. Each journey was 200 B.
Being fore warned I submitted copy of wife's tabian ban, ID card, my passport, flowery marriage certificate Kor Ror 3 and a updated copy of my Thai bank book. He looked at it then asked to see my original flowery cert, took my 5000B and that was it.
Picked up the visa 1400 the next day and left the country of Laos. My wife did not appreciate being on the receiving end of a two tier pricing policy that was evident everywhere we went that did not display a price list. We ate at the French restaurant on the edge of the night market it was a bit pricey but we where reliving our honeymoon some 15 years previous where we dined at a French restaurant in Vientiane.
It was very nice food.
Here are the two documents that where on the notice board so there can be no confusion on here say.
View attachment 15999 View attachment 16000

Why did you present your bank book?o_O Its not required.;)

Why did you present your bank book?o_O Its not required.;)

Read the document GL. Bank statement proofing you have 20,000 Baht. In my case I showed my bankbook. Just one of those rules they are now enforcing.
Does anybody now not understand why I photographed those notices?

Now GL after being severely burnt do you really think I am going to argue a point ever again.?

Read the document GL. Bank statement proofing you have 20,000 Baht. In my case I showed my bankbook. Just one of those rules they are now enforcing.

Now GL after being severely burnt do you really think I am going to argue a point ever again.?

That statement is for a 60 day tourist visa which is free. The requirement you posted are for it only. ;)You paid 5000 baht for a an O-Multy based on marriage. Still knocking your head on the wall.:rolleyes: Savannahketh has done this to cut down on the **** getting the free tourist visa. BTW The MFA has extended the free tourist visa for another 3 months and that is world wide.

Last edited:

I'm fairly sure the the proof of 20,000 Baht are only for those obtaining a Tourist Visa
For a Multi O based on Marriage I had .......
My Passport.
Completed application form (with 2 passport photos attached)
1 copy of passport front page (photo page) signed by you.
Original marriage certificate (mine was Thai version).
1 copy of marriage certificate, front and back on single sheet of paper as it is on the original certificate, signed by wife.
Copy of wifes ID Card, front and back on single sheet of paper, signed by wife.
Copy of wifes house book (Tabien Bahn) signed by wife.
5,000 baht Non Immigrant ‘O’ Visa fee.

That statement is for a 60 day tourist visa which is free. The requirement you posted are for it only. ;)You paid 5000 baht for a an O-Multy based on marriage. Still knocking your head on the wall.:rolleyes: Savannahketh has done this to cut down on the **** getting the free tourist visa.

Next time I will tell them. GL said I did not need it. I will see how far that gets me.
Just line up the gad damned hoops and let me jump. I don't care anymore.

That statement is for a 60 day tourist visa which is free. The requirement you posted are for it only. ;)You paid 5000 baht for a an O-Multy based on marriage. Still knocking your head on the wall.:rolleyes: Savannahketh has done this to cut down on the **** getting the free tourist visa. BTW The MFA has extended the free tourist visa for another 3 months and that is world wide.

And one more thing NEVER give any information willing that is not asked for. NEVER.;)

Next time I will tell them. GL said I did not need it. I will see how far that gets me.
Just line up the gad damned hoops and let me jump. I don't care anymore.

Stop listing to the bar crowd that has the barstool stuck to their air intake.:D

It has been the case for many years that when entering Thailand you need evidence of adequate finance's ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family on a tourist or non immigrant visa ).But in all the years I have been here I have only been asked once, which was at the Mae Sai/Tachileik crossing.Luckily I had my Thai Bangkok Bank book with me and now always take it with me when crossing the boarder for my return back into Thailand .
They wasn't asking for this proof in December when I was there getting a Marriage 'Non O' . From reports I have read lately they still aren't but to do a photo copy of your bank book just in case they do isn't a big deal in the scheme of things.

Last edited:
What was posted from Savannakhet are their requirments for obtaining a Tourist Visa 60/30 from them. Thoes requirement have nothing to do with immigration or any other visa that maybe obtained at that consult. The Savannakhet Consults did this shortly after the MFA made the tourist visa free world wide for Thailand. Savankhet was flooded by your cheep Charles, back packers and illegal workers so the they upped their requirements for a Tourist Visa NOT for an O-Multy for marriage. A tourist visa at Savannakhet was 1000 baht, being free now they are not making money. The requirements posted are the same as at the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh. The requirements that you posted Moo Ban are spot on and they are the only requirements for a O-Multy based on marriage at Savannakhet. Just a side note. Thai embassies and consults are under the jurisdiction of the MFA and not Thai Immigration. Thai embassies and consults set their own individual requirements for visas world wide. BTW the Tourist Visa 60/30 has been given another 3 months free ride world wide. This visa is now going for a 9 months ride. Tourism in Thailand SUCKS. As I said before NEVER give immigration or a consult any more info than is required by doing so you hold the line up and could very well screw up the people in line by giving authorities some not to bright ideas.:D:D If it make you fell better take your extra info with you but never never never welling give it to them unless asked for.:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
"Oh my God!" Now there is a popular Thai saying if ever there was. I wonder where they get that from because not too many go to church around these parts.

Back