Nookie's New Items & Special Offers

Maybe you'd like to introduce yourself to the posters, Steve?
The post before yours has the latest updates.
That wasn't the point Nick. I know the latest updates are there was just assuming it to make it easier to follow if someone in an admin role could delete some of the older pages. The info on them is in some cases 3 years old and no longer valid as Nookie no longer has these items

That wasn't the point Nick. I know the latest updates are there was just assuming it to make it easier to follow if someone in an admin role could delete some of the older pages. The info on them is in some cases 3 years old and no longer valid as Nookie no longer has these items
I've been here for around 6 years now, living just outside Prasat. I do get notification of Nookies new items before they are posted on here. But fir a lot if people on here us the first time they see them. Tidying up the site would make it easier for everyone. Don't you think?

I've been here for around 6 years now, living just outside Prasat. I do get notification of Nookies new items before they are posted on here. But fir a lot if people on here us the first time they see them. Tidying up the site would make it easier for everyone. Don't you think?
This is a sponsors thread, so its up to him to ask for actions by the (unpaid) staff

I have bought a few Chef's Kitchen products recently, and they are good. However, they do not list the ingredients. In the above photo, all it says is "all natural ingredients, Chicken breast". I have some of their Christmas Puddings. Once again all they say is ! "All natural ingredients" Is there alcohol inside as with most Christmas puddings? Not Nookies fault or problem, but I may enquire direct of Chef's Kitchen.

Seriously? Do you check the ingredients on every item you buy in a supermarket?
I've always found the Korat Chef to be honourable and as such take him at his word.

I've always found the Korat Chef to be honourable and as such take him at his word.
@Steve T My question related specifically to Korat Chef Christmas Puddings. Many people do not drink alcohol. yet it would seem -unannounced- that Korat Chef puddings do in fact contain alcohol. Whilst nuts are "all natural ingredients" many folk are allergic to them! I believe in the UK it is mandatory to list all ingredents

I often check the sugar content, as my wife and I are both diabetic. Neither of us have nut allergies, but I have witnessed the death of someone back in the UK from anaphylactic shock after unknowingly eating something containing them and would not wish it on anyone.

Anaphylaxis is a severe, life-threatening, generalized or systemic rapid-onset hypersensitivity reaction (allergic or nonallergic). Anaphylactic shock is a severe rapidly progressing anaphylactic reaction (anaphylaxis) resulting in a life-threatening drop in blood pressure.

I would imagine that you, Steve, as a restaurateur in Prasat, are well aware of the need to protect your diners against such risks by ensuring the ingredients are identified before serving, and that your menu warns that some dishes may contain certain ingredients that may result in an adverse allergic reaction.
Does anyone update this site? There are items on Nookies new items list that are 3 years old??

As has already been posted, this forum provides access for all members to comment about virtually every subject, and has spopnsors that can post information about their business interests too. They are responsible for updating information if it becomes out of date, but there is no compulsion for them to do so. It would be unrealistic (and unreasonable too) for moderators/admins to be expected to make the updates on their behalf.

You have been welcomed to SF, so why not tell us your story as other do, and use this as a platform to promote your products and premises? We are always looking for places to enjoy good food.

@Steve T My question related specifically to Korat Chef Christmas Puddings. Many people do not drink alcohol. yet it would seem -unannounced- that Korat Chef puddings do in fact contain alcohol. Whilst nuts are "all natural ingredients" many folk are allergic to them! I believe in the UK it is mandatory to list all ingredents
You could take it one step further.

Nut allergies are not as simple as " I'm allergic to nuts".

An old colleague of mine could eat some nuts but not others. From memory, Brasil nuts were the worst for her.

Also different levels of allergic reaction. Some might get a slight fever, headache or stomachache. Others could die. My ex colleague carries an adrenaline pen with her. The new ones are very good. The doses are pre measured. She told us all what to do. It was simple. If she goes ito shock, get the pen, remove the cover, stick it in her leg, push the button.

Fortunately none of us were ever called into action.

I agree with your concern about packaging. With some people having very agreessive allergies, it's very important they know exactly what they are eating.

I've always found Steve at Korat Chef very accommodating and if you ask him a question whether it be about contents of a product or whatever else, he will always get back to you with a polite answer.

You showing concern for people who do not drink alcohol, is like making Prince Andrew chairman of a paedophile watch group!

Back