Price of land in village

mark

Need some help please. Would like to know approximate price in baht of 1 Rai of land in a small village say about 15 kms out of town.

I know price depends on location and each village/area will be different but just looking foe a ball park figure if possible.

Anyone have any thoughts?:Cross_Fingers:

There is 8 Rai going for 1 million baht, 8 kilo from Prasat town centre. But everywhere as you have already said is priced differently, the price can also be very cheap if you are buying from your wife's family, sorry I can't be of anymore help.

In my Wife's village, which is about 8km from the nearest town, the price is about 100 000B per rai, so I'm told.

Like most things, its who you know and weather they try to inflate the price because a farang is involved. Were is the land/has it electric/water/access?

As Dave says, prices are so variable according to the locality. Is it on a metalled road? Does it have electricity? What kind of water supply? How far from the nearest small/large town? Is it in a village? Then there's the seller's need for cash, anxiety to sell etc.

Rice land round our village (halfway between Krasang and Huairat in Buriram) costs roughly 30,000 to 40,000 per rai. 2 years ago we paid 150,000 for 60 trang wah (6/10 of a rai) in a location suitable to build a minimart in the village... and we thought that was a pretty good price.

2 years ago we paid 150,000 for 60 trang wah (6/10 of a rai)
I thought there was 400 tarangwa in a Rai which make 60 tarangwa=1.5/10 of a Rai ?

The rai equals 4 ngaan or 400 tarangwa aka square wa, so 60/400 =just over a 6th of a rai,not 6 tenths which is just over a half a Rai. Which makes it about 900,000 baht a Rai. :M

Last edited by a moderator:
In my Wife's village, which is about 8km from the nearest town, the price is about 100 000B per rai, so I'm told.
Just to clarify.
We were offered 1 rai on the "main road" of the wifes village for 100 000B a few months ago. Well actually we were first asked to loan the money to the family to buy it as it was supposedly very cheap, but that's a story for another thread.
Mostly cleared and suitable for construction, it was Prime Real Estate in downtown Baan Raveang as it was on the corner of the "highway" and the "main road", so everyone coming from Rattanaburi had to pass it coming into the village. They were apparently in need of money and the land was worth 180 - 200K because of it's location. Normally land in the village tucked away off of the main road sells for the same price they were asking, 100k per rai. I was still deciding if I was stupid enough to buy it when it sold within a week for the asking price.
There can be bargains to be had but I would strongly suggest that you wait for someone who really needs to sell, and therefore you can bargain from a position of power rather than advertise the fact that you want to buy land because then you will get people to see how gullible you are and how much you can pay.
Location is always very, very important and when this piece of land became available, every single family in the village wanted to buy it. There were frantic phone calls to family members throughout Thailand to see who could raise the money first.
Hope this helps the OP a little.

I thought there was 400 tarangwa in a Rai which make 60 tarangwa=1.5/10 of a Rai ?

The rai equals 4 ngaan or 400 tarangwa aka square wa, so 60/400 =just over a 6th of a rai,not 6 tenths which is just over a half a Rai. Which makes it about 900,000 baht a Rai. :M

Yes, you're right, Alan. I must have misremembered the area, as it's more than that.

Our house is on about a 5th of a rai ( about 290 sq/m ) which is big enough to build a 120 sq/m bungalow .I paid 50k but that was more of a sinsod gesture to get the land in my wifes name.There was some land for sale just outside our village ( rice fields ) about 7 rai for 120k,when I sent Ploy round to tell the lady we would buy it the price went up to 240k as soon as she heard a farang wanted it so I said to Ploy "don't bother".A few days later she sold it to a local for 120k. Buckhumyai post is very topical of the way it goes,I've found if you wait something will come up ,others will say" if to snooze you lose "but remember wife's will always tell you its cheap as its not their money their spending.:M

Just to clarify.
We were offered 1 rai on the "main road" of the wifes village for 100 000B a few months ago. Well actually we were first asked to loan the money to the family to buy it as it was supposedly very cheap, but that's a story for another thread.
Mostly cleared and suitable for construction, it was Prime Real Estate in downtown Baan Raveang as it was on the corner of the "highway" and the "main road", so everyone coming from Rattanaburi had to pass it coming into the village. They were apparently in need of money and the land was worth 180 - 200K because of it's location. Normally land in the village tucked away off of the main road sells for the same price they were asking, 100k per rai. I was still deciding if I was stupid enough to buy it when it sold within a week for the asking price.
There can be bargains to be had but I would strongly suggest that you wait for someone who really needs to sell, and therefore you can bargain from a position of power rather than advertise the fact that you want to buy land because then you will get people to see how gullible you are and how much you can pay.
Location is always very, very important and when this piece of land became available, every single family in the village wanted to buy it. There were frantic phone calls to family members throughout Thailand to see who could raise the money first.
Hope this helps the OP a little.

I think anything under 15k per rai for riceland with even ''Nor Sor Sam'' papers is worth looking at for potential investment. Its cheap as chips In my opinion and might be worth just sitting on at the very least.
Thats if you've got 15k laying around. 10k mate is a bloody good deal.

I can't believe how deluded the natives are getting in Sangkha recently. It's not unhearrd of to hear them asking 1 mill per Rai in the town centre (A very backward town). I had to pick myself off the ground laughing last week when I heard there was 8 rai ( 1 rai roadside ) for sale for 8 million!!! It beggars belief when i think my friend found 8 rai 2 km from the beach in Cha-Am recently for a modest 1.5 million..

I think anything under 15k per rai for riceland with even ''Nor Sor Sam'' papers is worth looking at for potential investment. Its cheap as cheaps In my opinion and might be worth just sitting on at the very least.
Thats if you've got 15k laying around.
15K???? for a rai......where????? or do you mean 150K?

you can get it mate, rarely, for often 15-20k per rai but its usually in large blocks.
We recently got 2 rai for 35k, Eucalytus 2 years through its first cycle. electricity available. track access. It's still around in Surin Province and its some of the cheapest land in Thailand around here unless they are deluded which is often the case.

you can get it mate, rarely, for often 15-20k per rai but its usually in large blocks.
We recently got 2 rai for 35k, Eucalytus 2 years through its first cycle. electricity available. track access. It's still around in Surin Province and its some of the cheapest land in Thailand around here unless they are deluded which is often the case.
Wow great deal, that is why you are my Hero.....Sgt Rock.....

You'd make a good Rice farmer Micheal.

I'll start you off with a straw hat,

You already have the leathery skin......:)

Hi, reading through this thread has given me some sort of idea of the price of land but my question is: How do you get land valued officially on paper? In other words a Written Land valuation. who would be the best people to contact etc.

My wife has two blocks of land in Ban Tako Village which is just south of Ban Luen Nokhan Ratchasima about 70k.m north of Khorat City.
One block is 1520 Square Metres in size or just under 1 Rai, This block needs to be prepared /Cleared and filled and right on a main road. I have been told that that block is worth around .
66.000 THB. Would that price be about right? The other block is in the same area, is 1 Rai in size, already prepared ready for construction but on the other side of the village.
Is there some sort og Govt office that can do a valuation? or is it anyones guess and you just agree on a price? The reason that i ask is that my wife wishes to sell one of the blocks. Can anybody offer some information on this please :001_Thank_You5: BJ.

If you go to the local Land office they will tell you the going rate for you land. Most Thais that have a son that has been in trouble know you can go to the land office to get letter which values your land to use as Bail to get their son's out of jail. Take the land paper to the Land office and for a small fee they will value your land.This is from the Computer system they have of sale prices from your local area.But what you have to remember is that most people lie so they don't have to pay so much tax so the land will always be under valued from the land office.All locals have a good idea what land prices are.Ask locals how much they will give you for the land and then Double it to get a realist price or if your buying ,half it ..:)

Back