Price of land in village

Reading these posts , I realise that I am very lucky that my wife's family have never asked for a penny at any time . We occasionally send a 1000 baht to let Mumma go to the doctors or to buy medicine but against that , she had half a rai of land transferred to my wife at no cost . This will be very useful to my wife because I think when I pop my clogs , she will probably move from here in Klaeng back to the village where the family lives . Mind you , I am not planning on that happening for a little while yet !!!
goldensmile1goldensmile1

Mike - I can assure you that it is genuine . When we have been visiting , I have tried to give Momma money which she has , on occasions , refused . But we have taken her to the hospital and I have paid the bill . The family have never tried to get money from me - and my wife has her own money - her shop is quite profitable . There are some very genuine people here - the main problem is their conception of family duty varies from ours . sign1

Mike - I can assure you that it is genuine . When we have been visiting , I have tried to give Momma money which she has , on occasions , refused . But we have taken her to the hospital and I have paid the bill . The family have never tried to get money from me - and my wife has her own money - her shop is quite profitable . There are some very genuine people here - the main problem is their conception of family duty varies from ours . sign1

Agreed, Bill. My in-laws never try to scrounge off us, tho' they're not at all well off. I'm sure my partner helps them out from time to time, as a good son should, and he does pay for the schooling of his youngest sister, who is 20 years younger than he is; I too have helped with hospital bills (but never with funerals! even when we had a massive do for grandma). But on the whole, they're thoroughly decent people.

Where Ryans Resort is or in that area some stupid farang paid 1 million baht for 1 rai now the price is set at that , the thais are not slow on earning a buck from a farang.

Where Ryans Resort is or in that area some stupid farang paid 1 million baht for 1 rai now the price is set at that , the thais are not slow on earning a buck from a farang.

One born every minute.
Some people deserve to be 'lipped off' because they are incredibly stupid IMHO.

One born every minute.
Some people deserve to be 'lipped off' because they are incredibly stupid IMHO.

He was probable helped by his little sweet heart telling him it was a good deal. Now she will look top Dog as her Farang" have money to much"...:Busted:

Reasonably informative thread. I should count my blessings, as our 20 rai is familial land in my wife's name {given to her through her parents}. Her Father, residing and farming in Mueang Surin {Tha Sawang}, purchased river bottom land cheaply some 27 years ago - long before the challenging advent of a "pricey" market. Naturally, the cost of land tends to be unreasonable the closer you are to population centres.

I think one important thing is to know when to say yes , and , more important , when to say no . As an example - last week the local furniture factory had a sale of some items they had been unable to shift . There was a group of us went and , to be honest , because there was nothing I was particularly interested in , I sat and let them all scurry around . My wife came and said would I go with her - there was something she wanted me to see , She took me to a Dining suite . It was very nice and if we had been in need of such an item , I might have been tempted to buy it with its 4000 baht discount , but ... we have a very good Dining suite which we hardly ever use , so I pointed that out to her and firmly said No . She tried a couple of more times to get me to say Maybe or Perhaps but I stuck with my No and she soon dropped the subject . I would have done the same in England with an English wife .
:Chokdee5:

I think one important thing is to know when to say yes , and , more important , when to say no . As an example - last week the local furniture factory had a sale of some items they had been unable to shift . There was a group of us went and , to be honest , because there was nothing I was particularly interested in , I sat and let them all scurry around . My wife came and said would I go with her - there was something she wanted me to see , She took me to a Dining suite . It was very nice and if we had been in need of such an item , I might have been tempted to buy it with its 4000 baht discount , but ... we have a very good Dining suite which we hardly ever use , so I pointed that out to her and firmly said No . She tried a couple of more times to get me to say Maybe or Perhaps but I stuck with my No and she soon dropped the subject . I would have done the same in England with an English wife .

In the absence of the 'thanks' button:-

good_post

Good on ya, B. The driven elixir of needless consumption is truly dangerous...good_post

Back