R Airlines announces new Don Mueang - Surin flights in a bid to lure Chinese tourists.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
R Airlines announces new Don Mueang - Surin flights in a bid to lure Chinese tourists
Kwaang Siripoom

Image: Khaosod.co.th

SURIN:— Skyview Airways, operator of low cost carrier R Airlines, has announced it will offer flights from Don Mueang to Surin.

The announcement was by Skyview Airways Co., Ltd., Capt. Rachata Phisitbanakorn at a meeting held at Surin’s Bhakdi Airport on Monday.

During the meeting it was announced the airline plans to offer a trial service using 8-10 seater planes for the next two months, pending formal approval for the route from the Airports of Thailand (AOT).

A full service is expected to be in operation from May 1st, with fares starting from 999 Baht.

Once R Airlines has been granted approval from the AOT to operate the new route, the board plans to upgrade the planes to ATR72-500 aircrafts, the same model used by Nok Air and Bangkok Airways in order to attract Chinese tourists to expand their travel schedules to visit attractions in Surin, Capt. Rachata said.

The R Airlines president added: “We currently serve approximately 1,000 Chinese tourists per day, while most of their destinations are U-tapao Pattaya, Phuket, and Had Yai. Recently, our marketing team proposed a new 2 day travel program, where customers spend one day in Surin and another one day in Cambodia, which received very good feedback from tour operators. The next step is to co-work with local operators here for hotel and transportation services”.

Mr. Sombat Somboontherdthana, Chairman of Surin Chamber Association, said the introduction of the new flight would benefit the local economy and will help to attract tourists, entrepreneurs, and investors from around Thailand to set up their business or visit the province.

Source: Khaosod.co.th

-- © thaivisa.com 2016-03-15

Quote, "R Airlines, has announced it will offer flights from Don Mueang to Surin." However, there is no mention of return flights so I guess it's Shanks' pony or some other form of transport for the return trip to Bangkok.

As many will recall, Martin of the Farang Connection fame (RIP), often said that the master plan was to open up Surin as a gateway to Cambodia. He reckoned that the only explanation for the expansion of Surin was the proximity to Cambodia. Certainly, looking around Surin on most weekends there are many Cambodian vehicles parked at many of the shopping complexes. And now the Chinese are coming too. I guess Martin had a better insight than most about these matters.

I hope they add a flight or two to U-tapao Pattaya from Surin (and return). Would make it much much easier to get down to Jomtien/Pattaya for a few days every month or two. Really tired of the buses. A quick 1 hour flight would be great.

I hope they add a flight or two to U-tapao Pattaya from Surin (and return). Would make it much much easier to get down to Jomtien/Pattaya for a few days every month or two. Really tired of the buses. A quick 1 hour flight would be great.

It would also give the girls more time at home without having to face that bus ride every couple of months. Just the job for the Chinese flying in to U-Tapao on their package holidays. Maybe you ought to write it up as a suggestion for R-Airlines Cent.

As many will recall, Martin of the Farang Connection fame (RIP), often said that the master plan was to open up Surin as a gateway to Cambodia. He reckoned that the only explanation for the expansion of Surin was the proximity to Cambodia. Certainly, looking around Surin on most weekends there are many Cambodian vehicles parked at many of the shopping complexes. And now the Chinese are coming too. I guess Martin had a better insight than most about these matters.
No doubt about that. Martin was so proud of the way Surin was developing and expanding.

Now what would that four-engined plane which skimmed the treetops coming over my house from the west this afternoon have been? Probably one of these new routes.... and the pilot lost his way. I've never seen any plane, even a helicopter, that low before here.

Now what would that four-engined plane which skimmed the treetops coming over my house from the west this afternoon have been? Probably one of these new routes.... and the pilot lost his way. I've never seen any plane, even a helicopter, that low before here.
Military or civilian? Turboprop or jet engines?

I do down on the border. :D

Apart from the A380, and that would not be flying low level over Isaan, I can only think it may have been a Military C-130.

Th10op.jpg

Military or civilian? Turboprop or jet engines?

No idea, Nomad. I just gawped! Nothing like as big as A-380 or C-130.

Urleft reported seeing something similar about 2 p.m. over Buriram going NE, prop-driven, silver in colour, 2 engines, very low (maybe two fuel-pods or something?)

No idea, Nomad. I just gawped! Nothing like as big as A-380 or C-130.

Urleft reported seeing something similar about 2 p.m. over Buriram going NE, prop-driven, silver in colour, 2 engines, very low (maybe two fuel-pods or something?)

Royal Rain Makers.

1534-thailand-bureau-of-royal-rainmaking-and-agricultural-aviation-kaset-casa-c-212-300-aviocar_PlanespottersNet_241762.jpg

I thought of that, but surely rainmakers have to fly above the clouds?

They have to take off and land sometime and your not that far from Buriram or Surin airports. Who know there maybe an old Air America strip in your area.:rolleyes:

Back