Rain?

Maybe @Prakhonchai Nick could tell us?

He's good with air fryers.
Don't want to be using air fryers near water.
In Nomads comment above where one side of a square reservoir 70kms long would run down to Kap Choeng and into Cambodia, I would suggest another side of the square would run into Prakhonchai and beyond. .Yorky's been reading porky's :D

I am not questioning your maths, although I am questioning the surface area of the reservoir. Some 5,000 square kilometers, which to keep it simple, is just a little larger than a square measuring 70 x 70 kilometers, i.e. 4,900 square kilometers. However, the Huai Saneng reservoir is not a square and more like a letter 'T. At best the T measures 5 x 5 kilometers. Even if the reservoir was a square, with 5 kilometers sides, the maximum surface area would be 5 x 5 = 25 square kilometers. This falls far short of the 5,000 square kilometers used in your calculations. It does, therefore, suggest your later calculations are way over the top.

View attachment 35930

My source of information is Google Earth, with measurements taken with the built-in ruler tool.

P.S. A 70 kilometer side, as required for 5,000 square meters, when drawn in a straight line, would run from Surin, beyond Kap Cheong, and over the border to Cambodia. The reservoir is not that big.
Glad you took it to task because I shouted Bull shit straight off the cusp. Then thought everybody already hates this smart arse so I will leave it to another one for a change. :rolleyes:
Hint
Download Google earth Pro. It is free now. You can then use the polygon function.

Glad you took it to task because I shouted Bull shit straight off the cusp. Then thought everybody already hates this smart arse so I will leave it to another one for a change. :rolleyes:
Hint
Download Google earth Pro. It is free now. You can then use the polygon function.
Like you, I thought the numbers were far too high which made me do the research. I have Google Earth Pro but thought the simpler the better for some of the folks on this forum. :D:D:D

ubn1.jpg

Would volume in cubic metres be more applicable than area in square kilometers?
It certainly would. We now need one volunteer to swing the lead to plumb the reservoir to determine the average depth. I am sorry to say, my long-stay visa extension based on retirement precludes me undertaking any work. May be suitable for someone with a permanent residency though. :D:D:D

Would volume in cubic metres be more applicable than area in square kilometers?

That is what the initial calculation was expected to provide (or the volume required from now to achieve maximum capacity). However, I was way out with my area as obtained by Yahoo search.

Given the more correct area of 7.56 sq km, the volume to raise the level to capacity would be in the region of 7.56 x 1,000,000 x 2 metres = 15,000,000 m3 (or tonnes).

It certainly would. We now need one volunteer to swing the lead to plumb the reservoir to determine the average depth. I am sorry to say, my long-stay visa extension based on retirement precludes me undertaking any work. May be suitable for someone with a permanent residency though. :D:D:D

Even with PR, I am prohibited from working without a work permit. I would imagine plumbing the depths of a reservoir would be classed as prohibited work for foreigners. (ie reserved for Thais)

Last edited:
Back