Rain?

This is a front door open.

View attachment 35876
Exactly my point Yorky, the door is taller than the opening thus allowing it to "stop" against the foundation. This door opens "out", whereas my doors open "in" to the house meaning they cannot be taller than the opening and also meaning bugs could crawl underneath the door.
To prevent this bug problem I long ago installed "sweeps" to the inside of the doors.
IMG_4389.JPG

My front door swings "out", so it can stop against the foundation, however the other 4 doors to the outside all open "in" and have "sweeps".
IMG_1286.JPG IMG_1284.JPG IMG_1285.JPG

More rain, isolated heavy showers forecast for upper Thailand today

Northeast: Mostly cloudy with thundershowers in 60 per cent of the area and isolated heavy rain; temperature lows of 22-25°C and highs of 32-34°C.

800_a5756c532962f40.jpg

Yes, I took the pictures (or captured the images). That's how I knew the time.

Glad you enjoyed the morning out and about.

So what percentage of capacity do you guestimate is still required to fill the reservoir ?

Glad you enjoyed the morning out and about.

So what percentage of capacity do you guestimate is still required to fill the reservoir ?

I've read that the surface area when full is around 5,000 square kilometres. At a wild guess the level is 2.00m short on full capacity the area of which is about 5.0E+9 square meters, which I believe is 5,000,000,000 square metres. So, the required volume to bring it to full capacity would be a further 10 billion tons or cubic metres.

I've read that the surface area when full is around 5,000 square kilometres. At a wild guess the level is 2.00m short on full capacity the area of which is about 5.0E+9 square meters, which I believe is 5,000,000,000 square metres. So, the required volume to bring it to full capacity would be a further 10 billion tons or cubic metres.

I am not questioning your maths, although I am questioning the surface area of the reservoir. Some 5,000 square kilometers, which to keep it simple, is just a little larger than a square measuring 70 x 70 kilometers, i.e. 4,900 square kilometers. However, the Huai Saneng reservoir is not a square and more like a letter 'T. At best the T measures 5 x 5 kilometers. Even if the reservoir was a square, with 5 kilometers sides, the maximum surface area would be 5 x 5 = 25 square kilometers. This falls far short of the 5,000 square kilometers used in your calculations. It does, therefore, suggest your later calculations are way over the top.

upload_2020-9-25_12-19-59.png

My source of information is Google Earth, with measurements taken with the built-in ruler tool.

P.S. A 70 kilometer side, as required for 5,000 square meters, when drawn in a straight line, would run from Surin, beyond Kap Cheong, and over the border to Cambodia. The reservoir is not that big.

I am not questioning your maths, although I am questioning the surface area of the reservoir.

"I've read that the surface area when full is around 5,000 square kilometres."

I know no more than that. I have not walked (or even driven) all around it.

So the answer to @Coffee's question is?

"I've read that the surface area when full is around 5,000 square kilometres."

I know no more than that. I have not walked (or even driven) all around it.

So the answer to @Coffee's question is?
You tell me, you have the maths. I am only a cartographer! :D:D:D

Back