Rain?

upload_2020-10-11_8-10-34.png

This Tropical Storm “LINFA” has already made landfall and is heading in a westerly direction. Will Surin get any fallout from this depression? Watch this space.

There is a low in the Bay of Begal that is connected to the Tropical storm Linfa. This is the true monsoon trough, it is currently laying just south of the border in Cambodia this put the trough over Bangkok. They would of been having a deluge the last couple of days. Now here is the prediction and it is a 70/30 one. The trough will move north and we will get very wet tomorrow or even late tonight.
I have only received Meteorological training to a degree. Making forecasts can be very nerve racking. I knew one guy that besmirched his career for ever and got a nick name that stuck for ever.
What happened was that the local newspaper came and interviewed him as he was on the day the senior Meteorologist. He was asked "When is the wet season coming?" He categorically replied "Not Yet".
The Head Line on the paper very bold and read 'No Wet Season Yet" As the newspaper hit the streets the rain started and did it poured for weeks. "Poor *******" He was for ever known as "No wet season ******"
Surname omitted. I would hate for him to do a Google search and find this. He was not a bad bloke.

I have only received Meteorological training to a degree. Making forecasts can be very nerve racking. I knew one guy that besmirched his career for ever and got a nick name that stuck for ever.
What happened was that the local newspaper came and interviewed him as he was on the day the senior Meteorologist. He was asked "When is the wet season coming?" He categorically replied "Not Yet".
The Head Line on the paper very bold and read 'No Wet Season Yet" As the newspaper hit the streets the rain started and did it poured for weeks. "Poor *******" He was for ever known as "No wet season ******"
Surname omitted. I would hate for him to do a Google search and find this. He was not a bad bloke.

Sure beats the nickname "FiftyByChristmas", heh. :yum::D;;beaten;;

More rain forecast for lower Northeast
PUBLISHED : 11 OCT 2020 AT 15:27

WRITER: ONLINE REPORTERS

• 8Ads by Teads
    Despite the abatement, isolated heavy rain with strong winds is expected to hit Mukdahan, Yasothon, Roi Et, Amnat Charoen, Nakhon Ratchasima, Surin, Buri Rm, Si Sa Ket and Ubon Ratchathani provinces in the eastern part of the Lower Northeast.

Further south, the bulletin continued, the strong southwest monsoon is prevailing over the Andaman Sea, the South and Gulf of Thailand. Continuous rain, some heavy, is forecast for the Lower Central region -- including Bangkok and its vicinity -- the East and the upper South on Oct 11-12.

Meanwhile, strong winds will whip up 2-3 metres-high waves -- or higher during thundershowers -- in the Andaman Sea and the upper Gulf of Thailand. All vessels are advised to proceed with caution and small boats to stay ashore.

upload_2020-10-12_6-27-13.png

That's the picture at 0630 this morning. Surin is in the bottom left-hand corner and the storm clouds are heading that way.

The good news for today, I heard the locomotive engine on the railway lines loud and clear this morning. During the wet season, the sound of the big diesel engine cannot be heard where I live. When I hear the loud engine noise, it signals a change of the seasons, the wet season is on the way out and the dry season is on the way in. Come on train!

Back