Rice price

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
At the local scam mill Kap Choeng. Today. Cut now sell now. A WHOPPING 9 baht per kilo.

219 road from Prakhonchai to Buriram are quoting 14.60 Baht

Most getting over 13 I gather.

At a different mill my missus got 14 Baht against an advertised price of 15 Baht.

Somebody that owns a footi club is kicking in the extra. Don't blame the locals for taking it but its a back door red shirt buy off as no where else is this happening.

Somebody that owns a footi club is kicking in the extra. Don't blame the locals for taking it but its a back door red shirt buy off as no where else is this happening.

Didn't think he wore red. Rather a freelancer, went with whoever offered the most.

Ticket prices up next year!

i think you might be getting your pants pulled down in KC Gotlost. doesnt seem to be a problem elsewhere.

i think you might be getting your pants pulled down in KC Gotlost. doesnt seem to be a problem elsewhere.

Yes it does. We maybe on the low end but the only place at the moment where it is abound 15 is Buriam no where else. KC is still about two weeks off from cutting as ver few or any have harvested

Last edited:
Tuesday it was 11 n KC. Wednesday it was dropped to 9.

I will start to harvest in the next two weeks. We will be lucky if it holds at 9. I will stick my neck out and say "I don't think it will drop below 8" But that will be the standard price as the rice buying starts in earnest. 1000 B/Rai compensation is not going to help me break even. Spiking the tractor's rear wheel cost 5000 B alone.

^^^ U mean you're not utilizing the buffalo this season Chokdee5

As long as you're enjoying the farming experience , that's all that matters.

Saw the first small area cut 15 rai by harvester today. The rice is what the wife calls 3 month old. I could hear off in the distance another harvester working . I was also told by my f/l the machines will be in our area about Nov 10.

Saw the first small area cut 15 rai by harvester today. The rice is what the wife calls 3 month old. I could hear off in the distance another harvester working . I was also told by my f/l the machines will be in our area about Nov 10.

The rice warehouses will be full by then GL, and you will be lucky to get 8baht. Keep the rice till Feb/March and you should get upwards of 12baht

The rice warehouses will be full by then GL, and you will be lucky to get 8baht. Keep the rice till Feb/March and you should get upwards of 12baht

Some are in panic mode at the present but you need to remember that price of 9 baht is for cut now sell now WET which always brings the lowest price. Normal in our area for dried is 13.50 baht per kilo.

Some are in panic mode at the present but you need to remember that price of 9 baht is for cut now sell now WET which always brings the lowest price. Normal in our area for dried is 13.50 baht per kilo.

Now you are finally talking sense.

How much does 100kg of wet rice weigh when dry? That has to be factored in to the net price.

Back