Surin has lowest per capita heavy drinkers in Isaan

@georgefromcanada you're residing in Sisaket...so is Ivor...well...umm...never mind.

I wonder which blue plastic chair table service near the market this supposed study was conducted at. (I'm done wondering.) :cool:

The mind boggles. Out of who's arse did they pull that survey.
Knock Knock
Who is there. Alcoholics inspector.
How many alcoholics in your house today?
;;bones;;;;bones;;;;bones;;

OK then,
I like to welcome a new member of the pedantic club. :)
I'm not being pedantic at all.

I know many who are considered "heavy drinkers". Not one of them is dependent on alcohol, as alcoholics are.

I'm sure there was an amount each individual surveyed drinks taken into account when getting to the figures in the OP. I don't know what that amount was.

In UK, over 14 units a week is considered heavy. Alcoholics would drink more than that in a day. Depending on my work situation, I have almost always drunk more than 8 units a day. That's considered "heavy drinking". I'm not an alcoholic and never have been.

What a drain on an economy, especially when you get to 40+%. The lost production and the increased medical costs of this would drive a man to drink!

I got the information from a FB page named " Isaan Insights", it is a quasi business/ government organization that shares all types of information about Isaan.

I'm not being pedantic at all.

I know many who are considered "heavy drinkers". Not one of them is dependent on alcohol, as alcoholics are.

I'm sure there was an amount each individual surveyed drinks taken into account when getting to the figures in the OP. I don't know what that amount was.

In UK, over 14 units a week is considered heavy. Alcoholics would drink more than that in a day. Depending on my work situation, I have almost always drunk more than 8 units a day. That's considered "heavy drinking". I'm not an alcoholic and never have been.
I remember a Doctor friend of mine told me years ago that there are many different types of alcoholics. Still, I see your point, as I still drink Six cans a day starting about 4pm and I don’t consider that heavy drinking. The medical profession would disagree strongly with that. Over the years, the Doctors I have known were absolutely horrified when I mentioned six cans a day.

I remember a Doctor friend of mine told me years ago that there are many different types of alcoholics. Still, I see your point, as I still drink Six cans a day starting about 4pm and I don’t consider that heavy drinking. The medical profession would disagree strongly with that. Over the years, the Doctors I have known were absolutely horrified when I mentioned six cans a day.
I consume 3 litres of red wine in a 7 day week--done it for years with no ill affects.

Back