Surin's governor has banned the sale of alcohol in the province until April 30 (at least).

N-Rjy5oQjvc
N-Rjy5oQjvc

Surin's governor has banned the sale of alcohol in the province until April 30 (at least).

I figured with loss of employment the Surin authorities didn't want Daddy pishing the family's monies away on anything except necessities such as food staples and soap.

Additionally alcohol can make folks do stupid things which sometimes involves a trip to an emergency room...or jail...or worse.:(

Alcoholics and lao khao addicts may have a hard time whether they're expats or locals.

If the business shutdowns last for more than a month all things economically will take a significant downturn particularly in rural provinces facing hardship along with the current drought .

You might find folks turning up at your gates for hand-outs or take-aways (legally and illegally acquired).

Being a relatively-speaking rich expat in a poor foreign village has its disadvantages when folks get desperate.

(Your wives will be receiving calls from their relatives assuredly before months end.):mask:

My parents lived in Jeddah for about 10 years when my father was working for Saudia Airline, and my mother was in charge of the still in their home there. She was apparently very adequate at moonshining...:blush::blush:

I figured with loss of employment the Surin authorities didn't want Daddy pishing the family's monies away on anything except necessities such as food staples and soap.

Additionally alcohol can make folks do stupid things which sometimes involves a trip to an emergency room...or jail...or worse.:(

Alcoholics and lao khao addicts may have a hard time whether they're expats or locals.

If the business shutdowns last for more than a month all things economically will take a significant downturn particularly in rural provinces facing hardship along with the current drought .

You might find folks turning up at your gates for hand-outs or take-aways (legally and illegally acquired).

Being a relatively-speaking rich expat in a poor foreign village has its disadvantages when folks get desperate.

(Your wives will be receiving calls from their relatives assuredly before months end.):mask:

That started a few weeks ago!

My parents lived in Jeddah for about 10 years when my father was working for Saudia Airline, and my mother was in charge of the still in their home there. She was apparently very adequate at moonshining...:blush::blush:

There maybe hope for you and me after all.:yum::yum::yum::D

I hope you still got the proper recipe !!! For equipment contact gotlost !!!

Oh what bliss to be in a civilized part of the country..................... no issues today on a shopping errand in Pattaya for Prakhonchai Nick..... a few bottles of Irish Cream liquor for him and I picked up a bottle of Australian red

Oh what bliss to be in a civilized part of the country..................... no issues today on a shopping errand in Pattaya for Prakhonchai Nick..... a few bottles of Irish Cream liquor for him and I picked up a bottle of Australian red
No alcohol ban in SC ?????

Feret has hunkered down in Sangka and has told me since he is on the wagon anyway, he went to buy his favourite substitute drink Heineken zero. Which is a soft drink.
Guess what? He could not buy it as they stated it is beer and beer sales are banned. IF you read the directive it states alcohol sales not beer. Or soft drink that tastes like beer well kind of.
What ever, this type of thing happens all the time. It is always black or white.

Feret has hunkered down in Sangka and has told me since he is on the wagon anyway, he went to buy his favourite substitute drink Heineken zero. Which is a soft drink.
Guess what? He could not buy it as they stated it is beer and beer sales are banned. IF you read the directive it states alcohol sales not beer. Or soft drink that tastes like beer well kind of.
What ever, this type of thing happens all the time. It is always black or white.

Luck of the draw.

I drink Heineken 0% and can usually find it in the soft drinks section of 7/11 etc, Makro in Sattahip stocks cases in the soft drinks area.

Back