UK Pension Service - Life Certificate

Discussion in 'Thai Widows & Expats' started by nomad97, Jun 30, 2016.

  1. Deerculler

    Deerculler Cannot re - Member

    My Govt. people in New Zealand send the life certificate by email and I return by email. Also send by post too.
    CO-CO likes this.
  2. Prakhonchai Nick

    Prakhonchai Nick Surin Founding Father

    My former employer allows email return of the life certificate but UK pension Service usually require hard copies. However in these Covid times, many organisations are accepting scanned copies of important documents
  3. Yorky

    Yorky Surin Founding Father

    One has to wonder how naive these folks are. A faxed copy is the same as an emailed copy and if someone has the technical/artistic ability, either could be easily mistaken for an original. Or the other way around.
  4. CO-CO

    CO-CO Surin Founding Father

    UKPS will also reinstate the pension on the strength of a phone call, with the life certificate to follow.
    nomad97 and Ivor the Engine like this.
  5. Prakhonchai Nick

    Prakhonchai Nick Surin Founding Father

    Bereavement benefits too.I n fact they recently accepted a scanned completed life certificate
    CO-CO likes this.
  6. Ivor the Engine

    Ivor the Engine Nowhere man

    What is the current Bereavement benefit?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. nomad97

    nomad97 Ordinary member Staff Member

    There is no longer a bereavement benefit if non-resident in the UK.

    Bereavement Support Payment
    1. Eligibility
    2. What you'll get
    3. How to claim

    You may be able to get Bereavement Support Payment (BSP) if your husband, wife or civil partner died in the last 21 months.

    You must claim within 3 months of your partner’s death to get the full amount. You can claim up to 21 months after their death but you’ll get fewer monthly payments.

    Bereavement Support Payment has replaced Bereavement Allowance (previously Widow’s Pension), Bereavement Payment, and Widowed Parent’s Allowance.

    You could be eligible if your partner either:

    When they died you must have been:

    You cannot claim BSP if you’re in prison.

    If your partner died more than 21 months ago

    You may still be able to claim BSP if your husband, wife or civil partner’s cause of death was confirmed more than 21 months after the death. Call the Bereavement Service helpline.

    If your husband, wife or civil partner died before 6 April 2017, you may be able to get Widowed Parent’s Allowance instead.
    Ivor the Engine likes this.
  8. Prakhonchai Nick

    Prakhonchai Nick Surin Founding Father

    Those widows here in Thailand, that were receiving bereavement benefits, before the rule change, will continue to receive them in accordance with details provided to them. In essence that is only "widowed parents allowance" that is payable where there is a child (regardless of whether the British husband was the father), and is payable whilst the child remains at school . Allowance stops when secondary school finishes, It is not paid when the child goes to college or university.
    CO-CO and Ivor the Engine like this.
New | Recent