US Visa

wildoates

Surin Legend
Well got the wife a visa for trip to US, It is almost impossible to get an interview, and the process took 2 1/2 hours for her 2 minute interview......

Well wife got here Imm visa interview the middle of Oct, so will be going back before the end of Oct.....

Should have told them she was Mexican!ThumbUp6

OR...just fly her to Mexico and walk across the border...millions have done it already! (just kidding, of course)

Seriously, though, what kind of Visa were you going for? Are you intending for her to become a resident of the US, so a K-2?, or is this a fiance/marriage visa?

:confused:

OR...just fly her to Mexico and walk across the border...millions have done it already! (just kidding, of course)

Seriously, though, what kind of Visa were you going for? Are you intending for her to become a resident of the US, so a K-2?, or is this a fiance/marriage visa?

:confused:
she will get a IR1 think that is what it was called.....

Well got the wife a visa for trip to US, It is almost impossible to get an interview, and the process took 2 1/2 hours for her 2 minute interview......

Nice one mate...good luck and well done.

We have recently had the first rejection for UK Tourist Visa for my TGf...bastards.
If she was a **** Bomber I am pretty sure she would get in cos they would have a Council House waiting for her too.

Plan to try again and resubmit on 19th, then wait I suppose...all for 3 weeks as a Tourist, travelling with me in and out...ridiculous.

Cheers, MH

Nice one mate...good luck and well done.

We have recently had the first rejection for UK Tourist Visa for my TGf...bastards.
If she was a **** Bomber I am pretty sure she would get in cos they would have a Council House waiting for her too.

Plan to try again and resubmit on 19th, then wait I suppose...all for 3 weeks as a Tourist, travelling with me in and out...ridiculous.

Cheers, MH

Visa seem to be harder to get these days...have heard of many being rejected....good luck you will get it.

I've had some experiences with US visitors visa, was successful on two of them for my wife, and unsuccessful on two of them for step-daughter. The key to the US Embassy on visitor visa is proving that the Thai has excellent reason to return to Thailand, not stay in the US illegally. I tried everything for our then 12-year old daughter, had round-trip airline ticket, letter from school, proof we had built and lived in home in Surin, everything I could think of, and the "nice man" at the Embassy turned her down, suggesting that "if perhaps she had a job to return to". She was 12 years old, for crying out loud!

As far as the visa for the intention to live in the US (Im-1), Wildoates, it should come down to you providing that you have the ability to support her in the US, so she doesn't have to go on welfare. We were finally successful in getting a K-2 and K-3 visa approved for wife and step-daughter, but with the change in the economy we decided we would rather live in Thailand. Still have my home in the US so we could, but probably won't.

I wish you the best of luck dealing with them, it's never any fun, try to stay patient with the idiots you will talk to, and make sure you can prove you can support her.
Chok dee!

Last edited:
I've had some experiences with US visitors visa, was successful on two of them for my wife, and unsuccessful on two of them for step-daughter. The key to the US Embassy on visitor visa is proving that the Thai has excellent reason to return to Thailand, not stay in the US illegally. I tried everything for our then 12-year old daughter, had round-trip airline ticket, letter from school, proof we had built and lived in home in Surin, everything I could think of, and the "nice man" at the Embassy turned her down, suggesting that "if perhaps she had a job to return to". She was 12 years old, for crying out loud!

As far as the visa for the intention to live in the US (Im-1), Wildoates, it should come down to you providing that you have the ability to support her in the US, so she doesn't have to go on welfare. We were finally successful in getting a K-2 and K-3 visa approved for wife and step-daughter, but with the change in the economy we decided we would rather live in Thailand. Still have my home in the US so we could, but probably won't.

I wish you the best of luck dealing with them, it's never any fun, try to stay patient with the idiots you will talk to, and make sure you can prove you can support her.
Chok dee!

Yeah I understand, it is a IR1 that she will get...It seems that the income thing is asked on paper but the last two guys that got IR1's said all the interview was about, proving the marrage is real...... I don't have to talk to anyone, I am done, it is her only. It is just a waiting game now.....Income was really no problem.....

Back