Visa 1 year extension Surin immigration update 17 NOV 2023

lightfoot

Surin Legend
Going 9 NOV to Prasat BB Bank getting inadequate letter and info, 200 baht.
Submitting letter to KC immigration, I was told to get a one year statement for my BB account.

Went to Robinsons BB bank and ordered one year statement 10 NOV 200 baht.
17 NOV picked up statement, updated Bank book, on their advice paid 100 baht for guarantee letter, they made copies of my bank book, 1 year statement and guarantee letter on my request.

Took the documents along with my application with copies of pages in my passport, copy of bank book & Etc. to Surin City Immigration 11:30 AM. Completed Visa and out the door a little after 12 noon.
I inquired with the lady in front of the office that check my paperwork and received the following info in the course of communication with this lady, She was quite cordial, she had braces on her teeth, looked young to me.
Little Gal did most of the paperwork having me sign where required, also had my wife sign her ID & Tabien Baan copies.

Conversation with her,
if I update my bank book every month, no need for 1 year statement from your Bank Account, that Bangkok Bank was the only one that took one week to get the one year statement.

Applying for a marriage extension, following info was shared.
One-year visa extension based on marriage the usual requirements are needed +
400 K in the bank two months prior to application.
I made sure to confirm her statement of the two months 400 K .

Submitting letter to KC immigration, I was told to get a one year statement for my BB account.

17 NOV picked up statement, updated Bank book, on their advice paid 100 baht for guarantee letter, they made copies of my bank book, 1 year statement and guarantee letter on my request.

Took the documents along with my application with copies of pages in my passport, copy of bank book & Etc. to Surin City Immigration 11:30 AM. Completed Visa and out the door a little after 12 noon.
I inquired with the lady in front of the office that check my paperwork and received the following info in the course of communication with this lady, She was quite cordial, she had braces on her teeth, looked young to me.
Little Gal did most of the paperwork having me sign where required, also had my wife sign her ID & Tabien Baan copies.

Conversation with her,
if I update my bank book every month, no need for 1 year statement from your Bank Account, that Bangkok Bank was the only one that took one week to get the one year statement.

Good info mate so I must check with Chonburi immi if, my monthly statements of income are still acceptable.

Conversation with her,

Could you just clarify please:

The reason for your extension application - marriage/retirement/other?

Your financial requirements - lump sum/monthly income?

Cheers

Last edited:
Could you just clarify please:

The reason for your extension application - marriage/retirement/other?

Your financial requirements - lump sum/monthly income?

Cheers

I thought that this was a bit of a clue:-

"One-year visa extension based on marriage the usual requirements are needed +
I made sure to confirm her statement of the two months 400 K ."

Good info mate so I must check with Chonburi immi if, my monthly statements of income are still acceptable.

Are you using money in the bank or monthly income? Marriage or retirement?

Your comment about income suggests income......but I am just seeking confirmation because I did the income method last year (and will this year).

I thought that this was a bit of a clue:-

"One-year visa extension based on marriage the usual requirements are needed +
I made sure to confirm her statement of the two months 400 K ."

I was enquiring because there was no mention of a marriage certificate and photographs around/in the house. Also the extension was issued on the day and there was no mention of returning to collect it one month later (as used to be the case but maybe it's changed).

Also you missed the previous sentence, viz "Applying for a marriage extension, following info was shared.".

I was enquiring because there was no mention of a marriage certificate and photographs around/in the house. Also the extension was issued on the day and there was no mention of returning to collect it one month later (as used to be the case but maybe it's changed).

Also you missed the previous sentence, viz "Applying for a marriage extension, following info was shared.".

...and you missed "and ETC"..

...and you missed "and ETC"..

I was told by my English master at school when I was around 13 years old that etc. is used when you can't think of anything else.

I believe that the marriage certificate and the photographs are important enough not to be forgotten for a marriage extension to be granted.

However, I must admit that I've never been granted an extension based upon marriage.

Here's my attempt to make Clarification to some of the following questions pertaining to my post,
( Visa 1 year extension Surin immigration update 17 NOV 2023 )

no mention of a marriage certificate and photographs around/in the house .
.and you missed "and ETC"..
I was enquiring because there was no mention of a marriage certificate and photographs around/in the house. Also the extension was issued on the day and there was no mention of returning to collect it one month later.

I applied based on retirement with lump sum in the bank for the required time.

I think immigration wanted the 1 year bank statement to confirm the baht was in my account for the required time ?

The little Gal did not mention marriage certificate, photos around the house, map to your domicile or returning to collect extension one month later and Etc.

I loosely asked if these things were needed except one month of coming back to pick up the visa extension, She indicated they were.
This was a casual conversational interchange with this little lady,
accept for me to confirm her statement of having 400 K in the bank two months prior to applying for Visa extension based on marriage.

My post was just my take on obtaining my visa extension this year as the requirements always seem to change.
I am considering applying for next years one-year temporary visa extension based on marriage.
Next years hoops might be different to jump through ?

I think immigration wanted the 1 year bank statement to confirm the baht was in my account for the required time ?

May I ask was this your first extension application based on retirement? Or if not, how many of these extensions have you had previously?

I'm asking because next year I shall be applying for my 23rd retirement extension and not once in those years has the bank balance fallen below the required amount.

In any event I shall ask my wife to ring them first before I rock up to apply just to make sure.

Next years hoops might be different to jump through ?

I don't think that there is any doubt about that!

Unfortunately.

May I ask was this your first extension application based on retirement? Or if not, how many of these extensions have you had previously?

I'm asking because next year I shall be applying for my 23rd retirement extension and not once in those years has the bank balance fallen below the required amount.

In any event I shall ask my wife to ring them first before I rock up to apply just to make sure.

I don't think that there is any doubt about that!

Unfortunately.
Yes you may, I think it's about 13 years in Surin, previously I was doing them in Chiang Mai.
Keep on rocking for another 23 and more !

Do you guys ever notice this small dosser all written in Thai they bring out for you to sign as well?
You know what that is. It is a compilation story of your application why, where and who you are. Its kind of compiled from all the form data.
Well I read mine. It was a total bull shit story from start to finish. Even explained how I was a Christian. Where do I sign ?
They ask you a million questions then make it up and throw what you said in the bin. ;;grimace;;

;;grimace;;;;grimace;;

Questions,
For individuals who obtain their visa extension based on marriage.
What does Immigration give you for the one month or time period before you go back to get your visa extension stamped in your passport ?
Dose immigration keep your passport at any time in this duration ?
Do you have to take the required items such as original marriage certificate,
how many Photos of you and your wife around the house,
Map to your residence ?
Are there other items am I missing ?

Do you have to take all this information back each year after your initial temporary visa extension based on marriage ?

This is of course after you meet the financial requirements and supply whatever documents to do so at the time of application.

Questions,
For individuals who obtain their visa extension based on marriage.
What does Immigration give you for the one month or time period before you go back to get your visa extension stamped in your passport ?
Dose immigration keep your passport at any time in this duration ?
Do you have to take the required items such as original marriage certificate,
how many Photos of you and your wife around the house,
Map to your residence ?
Are there other items am I missing ?

Do you have to take all this information back each year after your initial temporary visa extension based on marriage ?

This is of course after you meet the financial requirements and supply whatever documents to do so at the time of application.
I believe you need a Kor Ror 2 well as your original marriage certificate.,which is a Kor Ror 3. The Kor Ror 2 indicates that you are still married. Immigration should stamp ‘’Pending’’ on your Passport and call you back in about a month later to give u your stamp.

Immigration should stamp ‘’Pending’’ on your Passport and call you back in about a month later to give u your stamp.

It used to be that they gave you 30 days. If you returned after 30 days and the extension "was not ready", they gave you a further 30 days. Whether that is still the case, I don't know.

The following came from from this link

I am a Canadian citizen married for over 30 years to a Thai national. I'm currently in Thailand on a British passport with a non-immigrant O visa, residing in Rayong. This visa was extended in April 2020 for 60 days, and later in the year was extended for 12 months on 7th September 2020, after I deposited the required funds in a Thai bank account 2 months earlier. I'm now planning to apply for a further 1 year extension. Last year I had to supply the following to support my 12 month extension application:
  • Completed TM7 application form
  • Passport
  • Passport photo
  • Copy of marriage certificate
  • Statement from bank certifying at least 400,000 Baht in account for at least 2 months
  • Photos of my wife and I in our condo, including photos of the rooms in the condo unit
  • A witness/reference (not family member) to physically accompany us to the Immigration office
Obviously, I will need to submit the first 5 documents again to support my application, but do I need to also supply photos of my wife and I in our condo? also do we need to take along a witness/reference? Last year, we also had to wait a month for Immigration Police to investigate, including a visit to our condo, is this required again?
Thanks
David
Expand
The answer to both your questions is yes, new photos and a witness. You should not however have another visit from immigration. Don't forget if you married in Thailand you will now need a new Kor Ror 2, which you can obtain from your local Amphur. You did not a mention a hand drawn map of where you live, another requirement usually

Do you guys ever notice this small dosser all written in Thai they bring out for you to sign as well?
You know what that is. It is a compilation story of your application why, where and who you are. Its kind of compiled from all the form data.
Well I read mine. It was a total bull shit story from start to finish. Even explained how I was a Christian. Where do I sign ?
They ask you a million questions then make it up and throw what you said in the bin. ;;grimace;;

;;grimace;;;;grimace;;
I hope they have enough brains to at least recycle the paper. They use enough of it.

Back