Visa 1 year extension Surin immigration update 17 NOV 2023

Going 9 NOV to Prasat BB Bank getting inadequate letter and info, 200 baht.
Submitting letter to KC immigration, I was told to get a one year statement for my BB account.

Went to Robinsons BB bank and ordered one year statement 10 NOV 200 baht.
17 NOV picked up statement, updated Bank book, on their advice paid 100 baht for guarantee letter, they made copies of my bank book, 1 year statement and guarantee letter on my request.

Took the documents along with my application with copies of pages in my passport, copy of bank book & Etc. to Surin City Immigration 11:30 AM. Completed Visa and out the door a little after 12 noon.
I inquired with the lady in front of the office that check my paperwork and received the following info in the course of communication with this lady, She was quite cordial, she had braces on her teeth, looked young to me.
Little Gal did most of the paperwork having me sign where required, also had my wife sign her ID & Tabien Baan copies.

Conversation with her,
if I update my bank book every month, no need for 1 year statement from your Bank Account, that Bangkok Bank was the only one that took one week to get the one year statement.

Applying for a marriage extension, following info was shared.
One-year visa extension based on marriage the usual requirements are needed +
400 K in the bank two months prior to application.
I made sure to confirm her statement of the two months 400 K .

Thank you for your update and congratulations in extending your visa for another year based on marriage.

Regarding my further thoughts on OP "Extension Of Visa Based On Retirement" 8 November 2023:
Obviously the mindset at Immi that "two [plus family] can Iive more economically that one" is obvious under the current financial requirements. Why buck the system, heh.

I believe I may try to change from a visa based on retirement to a new one based on "a marriage"; thereby halving my exposure of monies held in a Thai bank...(or possibly based on incoming funds "monthly" in the future).

Keeping the equivalent of THB 800,000 for five months and a minimum 400,000 tied up for the another seven months in this higher interest environment is assinine.

If I'm not successful this December...then I'll get my ducks in a row for next year.

5 copies of everything required. One for the Immigration Officer, One for the file, One for the Applicant, One for the Fire Proof safe and One in case of a fire in the Fire Proof safe. One can’t be too careful!
What about one for the little boy who lives down the lane. BAA BAA Black sheep.

What does Immigration give you for the one month or time period before you go back to get your visa extension stamped in your passport ?

They stamp your passport pending.

Dose immigration keep your passport at any time in this duration ?

No they do not. Even if you are an ass hole!

Do you have to take the required items such as original marriage certificate,

Yes, You must have a Kor Ror 2 printed on the day of your application submission.

how many Photos of you and your wife around the house,

1 pic out front of house. 1 pic of you guys on the marital bed. (I kid you not) Just don't include any other persons even babies in any photos.
Those two are compulsary just throw in any other two pics.

Map to your residence ?

Yes

Are there other items am I missing ? (Think you have it all)

Do you have to take all this information back each year after your initial temporary visa extension based on marriage ?

NO.

This is of course after you meet the financial requirements and supply whatever documents to do so at the time of application.

Keeping the equivalent of THB 800,000 for five months and a minimum 400,000 tied up for the another seven months in this higher interest environment is assinine.

After asking a number of times I have only had two responses to my question "What do you suggest I do with the ฿400,000.00 which will still give my wife access to it when I die without recourse to legal procedures?"

After asking a number of times I have only had two responses to my question "What do you suggest I do with the ฿400,000.00 which will still give my wife access to it when I die without recourse to legal procedures?"

Give her your PIN for card usage for THB withdrawal(s).

Also provide your trusted loved one your user name and password and raise your allowable THB withdrawal along transfer amounts online.

Best to show her everything for your online transfer before you become incapcitated or 'pop your clogs'.

[Legal procedures route:
Do you have a valid Will with a living named executor providing specific instructions as to your chosen beneficiaries as another avenue that replaces your wife handling a 'cash grab' in or before her 'moment of sorrow'?]

Give her your PIN for card usage for THB withdrawal(s).

Also provide your trusted loved one your user name and password and raise your allowable THB withdrawal along transfer amounts online.

Best to show her everything for your online transfer before you become incapcitated or 'pop your clogs'.

[Legal procedures route:
Do you have a valid Will with a living named executor providing specific instructions as to your chosen beneficiaries as another avenue that replaces your wife handling a 'cash grab' in or before her 'moment of sorrow'?]

That doesn't answer my question.

Let me put it another way.

If I decided to convert my retirement extension to a marriage extension, where do you suggest I deposit the saved ฿400,000.00?

Last edited:
What about one for the little boy who lives down the lane. BAA BAA Black sheep.

What does Immigration give you for the one month or time period before you go back to get your visa extension stamped in your passport ?

They stamp your passport pending.

Dose immigration keep your passport at any time in this duration ?

No they do not. Even if you are an ass hole!

Do you have to take the required items such as original marriage certificate,

Yes, You must have a Kor Ror 2 printed on the day of your application submission.

how many Photos of you and your wife around the house,

1 pic out front of house. 1 pic of you guys on the marital bed. (I kid you not) Just don't include any other persons even babies in any photos.
Those two are compulsary just throw in any other two pics.

Map to your residence ?

Yes

Are there other items am I missing ? (Think you have it all)

Do you have to take all this information back each year after your initial temporary visa extension based on marriage ?

NO.

This is of course after you meet the financial requirements and supply whatever documents to do so at the time of application.
For the last eleven years, I had to give them signed copies of teaching qualifications each and every year upon B visa extention renewal.

That doesn't answer my question.

Let me put it another way.

If I decided to convert my retirement extension to a marriage extension, where do you suggest I deposit the saved ฿400,000.00?

What is your money earning sitting in a Thsi bank ?

Yorky, that 400,000 in equivalent GBP (~£9,0000?) that you can invest in anything you wish...or put it to work in an insured CD (certificate of deposit) with a British bank.
Stateside CDs were paying 5% APY.

Always up to you to do as you wish. :)

What is your money earning sitting in a Thsi bank ?

Yorky, that 400,000 in equivalent GBP (~£9,0000?) that you can invest in anything you wish...or put it to work in an insured CD (certificate of deposit) with a British bank.
Stateside CDs were paying 5% APY.

Always up to you to do as you wish. :)

Can I deposit monies in a British Bank in the States with a Thai address? How easy would it be for my wife to access it when I die? What currency does it need to be?

Given that I may have less than a year or two left alive, is it worth the hassle for less than a thousand quid? I'm not short of a few bob and we own everything we have without owing anyone anything.

My last conservative investment gained 55% in three years then lost 50% in a week.

Yorky asked, If I decided to convert my retirement extension to a marriage extension, where do you suggest I deposit the saved ฿400,000.00? Krungthai Bank may not be the answer but it's worth looking into.

Next time I go to Robinsons I am going to inquire on what is available for interest-rate on different deposit accounts at Krungthai Bank

Krungthai Bank Offers 5% Interest on USD Deposits Krungthai Bank offers dollar-holders a chance to grow their wealth with an attractive 5% interest rate on its 4-month USD fixed deposit account .

Use it to buy your wife gold. :) She'll keep it safe for you.

You can always purchase gold ornamental or bullion, keep it in a safe, preferably bolted down in concrete, do not advertise or tell anybody and give your wife the combination. One Main refinery I know of in Bangkok that has shops in Surin that sell their products.

MTS Gold Co., Ltd.
MTS Gold Jewelry Branch
The Old Siam Plaza 1st Floor (Retail/Wholesale)

121/7 1st Floor The Old Siam Plaza Pahurat Road Wang Burapha Phirom Sub-district Pranakorn District Bangkok 10200

0 2770 7711
0 2225 9123
1700527579961.png

Last edited:
Is that the Thai gold price?

I haven't looked for a while but Thanachart Bank had the best savings rates a few years ago.
Price Of Gold in Thailand
Gold Price per Ounce:70,111.05+230.26
Gold Price per Gram:2,254.12+7.40
Gold Price per Kilo:2,254,120.92+7403.03
Nov 18th 2023, 03:48:45 am NY time

Here is another:-

Is that the Thai gold price?
I haven't looked for a while but Thanachart Bank had the best savings rates a few years ago.
I'm going to look into this today at Robinsons
TMB Thanachart Bank

Ms. Kanokwan Phetpisitchot Deputy Chief Executive Officer Head of Transaction Product Management TMB Thanachart Bank (TTB) said that in a situation of rising interest rates, the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) recently resolved to increase the policy interest rate by 0.25% to 2.50% per year. TTB has therefore increased it. The deposit interest rate of the ttb ME save account that offers the highest interest plus bonus is 2.20% per year, effective from October 1, 2566 onwards, which provides an interest rate 8.8 times higher than general savings accounts.

For this new interest rate, ttb ME save accounts with a deposit balance of less than or equal to 100,000 baht will receive a maximum interest including a bonus of 2.20% per year, and a deposit balance in the account of more than 100,000 baht but not more than 1 million baht will receive a maximum interest including a bonus of 1.60. % per year for deposits exceeding 1 million baht or more Earn the highest interest including bonus of 1.20% per year.

Yorky asked, If I decided to convert my retirement extension to a marriage extension, where do you suggest I deposit the saved ฿400,000.00? Krungthai Bank may not be the answer but it's worth looking into.

Next time I go to Robinsons I am going to inquire on what is available for interest-rate on different deposit accounts at Krungthai Bank

Krungthai Bank Offers 5% Interest on USD Deposits Krungthai Bank offers dollar-holders a chance to grow their wealth with an attractive 5% interest rate on its 4-month USD fixed deposit account .

It could have been handy 15 to 25 years ago when I was being paid in US Dollars. However, now I would have to convert Thai Baht to dollars and back so the majority, if not all, of the 5% will be lost.

Back