Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

Saying next week.

รายงานสถานณ์น้ำ 8 ส.ค 62
ตามที่ได้แจ้งไปแล้วว่า น้ำที่ผันมาจากบ่อหินเขาสวาย จะเดินทางมาถึงห้วยเสนงประมาณกลางเดือนนั้น ในวันนี้ 8 สิงหาคม 2562 ขณะนี้น้ำเดินทางมาถึงห้วยเสนงแล้วและยังต้องใช้เวลาที่น้ำจะเดินทางมาถึงหัวสูบน้ำ ซึ่งตั้งอยู่อีกฝั่งของห้วยเสนงระยะทางประมาณ 3 กิโลเมตร ดังนั้นเมื่อน้ำมาถึงก็จะยังต้องรอเวลาให้น้ำอยู่ในระดับที่มากพอ จึงจะทำการสูบเข้าสู่ระบบผลิต โดยคาดการณ์ว่าประมาณสัปดาห์หน้าปริมาณน้ำประปาที่ผลิตได้จะมีมากขึ้น
อย่างไรก็ตามขึ้นอยู่กับสภาพปัญหา อุปสรรคที่ไม่คาดคิดระหว่างการทำงานในแต่ละวันด้วย
ข้อมูล สำนักงานประปาส่วนภูมิภาคจังหวัดสุรินทร์

Report to the water station 8 SOR. , 62
As it is said, the water that came from the stone pond, khao swami will be on the way to huai charming around the middle of the month. Today, August 8, 2562 now the water has arrived at huai charming, and it takes time to come to the water. The water pump which is located on the other side of the huai charming distance is about 3 kilometers. So when the water comes, it will still have to wait for the time to give water to the level that is enough to make a log login. Produced by predicted about the next week, the amount of water that is. Produced will be more.
However, depending on the condition of unexpected obstacles during work each day too.
Information, office information, regional plumbing, in province.
·
Rate this translation

https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reacti...s6MjUyMjYwMjI4NDY5MjkxNw==&av=100001126630582

It looks like SWMBO's patience and perseverance to find a man to drill a borehole may well bear water within the next three days. She has received assurances that he will do the job no later than next Monday. The quoted price is 4,000 baht. We went down town this morning and found a Mizani DP-301 deep well pump that looks big and powerful enough to go to 30 meters plus. Can not find on the Internet but it is made in Korea. The shop assured us it will go as deep as we want or need. The price of the pump is 6,800 baht and comes with a 5 year warranty. The shop, which is situated near the main traffic lights in town, also said they will provide a tradesman to fit the pump and do the necessary plumbing and electrics. I do not know the cost for this service but I got the impression that it is a lot cheaper than getting the man boring the hole to do the necessary. Roll on Monday - fingers crossed. All that remains is to pick up a new 1,000 litre water tank from the village (freebie) and buy an activated charcoal water filter (9,700 baht).

Looks like the total cost will be in the order of 22,000 to 23,000 baht for on tap, clean, filtered well water. The provision of pure drinking water will be considered as a second step.

It looks like SWMBO's patience and perseverance to find a man to drill a borehole may well bear water within the next three days. She has received assurances that he will do the job no later than next Monday. The quoted price is 4,000 baht. We went down town this morning and found a Mizani DP-301 deep well pump that looks big and powerful enough to go to 30 meters plus. Can not find on the Internet but it is made in Korea. The shop assured us it will go as deep as we want or need. The price of the pump is 6,800 baht and comes with a 5 year warranty. The shop, which is situated near the main traffic lights in town, also said they will provide a tradesman to fit the pump and do the necessary plumbing and electrics. I do not know the cost for this service but I got the impression that it is a lot cheaper than getting the man boring the hole to do the necessary. Roll on Monday - fingers crossed. All that remains is to pick up a new 1,000 litre water tank from the village (freebie) and buy an activated charcoal water filter (9,700 baht).

Looks like the total cost will be in the order of 22,000 to 23,000 baht for on tap, clean, filtered well water. The provision of pure drinking water will be considered as a second step.

My GF have some one at our place to drill a 2" hole today. How deep and the price I don't know anything about yet, since I am at work in Europe at the moment. But it was estimated around 4000 thb.
I was afraid they would show up with a big drilling rig, and that we would have to take down the wall out to the road so the rig could get access to the drilling site. So I got a bit surprised when I saw this picture. A small rig that could get inside, even under the carport.

The plan is that there will be a temporary solution for the pump now, and I will fix something permanently when I get back home in about three weeks time.

Drilling.jpg

Attachments

• Drilling.jpg
    Drilling.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 5
  • Drilling.jpg
    Drilling.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 5
My GF have some one at our place to drill a 2" hole today. How deep and the price I don't know anything about yet, since I am at work in Europe at the moment. But it was estimated around 4000 thb.
I was afraid they would show up with a big drilling rig, and that we would have to take down the wall out to the road so the rig could get access to the drilling site. So I got a bit surprised when I saw this picture. A small rig that could get inside, even under the carport.

The plan is that there will be a temporary solution for the pump now, and I will fix something permanently when I get back home in about three weeks time.

View attachment 29826
Your girlfriend did very well to find someone to do the job. She was really pissed off a couple of nights ago when I spoke to her while filling some containers from the borehole at the building site. She had no water in the tanks. This will make her happy again.

@Jeppe, please report back with the depth at which they find clean water. At the building site they said the bore/water table was 30 meters deep.

Is the pump something like this photo?

Best-price-2-inches-submersible-bore-well.jpg_300x300.jpg

View attachment 29826

Under the circumstances 4K for a 2 inch bore depending on the depth is a fair price under the conditions for Surin. That same boring set up for my area is 3K. Boring machine on trucks are 4K for a 2 inch and 6 inch was 25K. That price includes about 16 meters of casing.

Your girlfriend did very well to find someone to do the job. She was really pissed off a couple of nights ago when I spoke to her while filling some containers from the borehole at the building site. She had no water in the tanks. This will make her happy again.

@Jeppe, please report back with the depth at which they find clean water. At the building site they said the bore/water table was 30 meters deep.

The water shortage has stressed her up a lot. So if wet get clean water from the drill hole, she will calm down again.

She actually contacted these guys yesterday, and they were in place this morning. So they showed up on a short notice. I think they are normally operate in Sikhoraphum area.

I will keep you updated with depth and water quality when I know more.

Under the circumstances 4K for a 2 inch bore depending on the depth is a fair price under the conditions for Surin. That same boring set up for my area is 3K. Boring machine on trucks are 4K for a 2 inch and 6 inch was 25K. That price includes about 16 meters of casing.

I must say I was surprised of the price. I was expecting a lot more in these days. I think everyone that can afford it will drill for water. That said, I have not get any confirmation of the cost yet. But she mentioned around 4K yesterday. Time will show what it actually going to end up with.

Is the pump something like this photo?

Best-price-2-inches-submersible-bore-well.jpg_300x300.jpg
No, the pump looks more like the Hitachi above ground pump I illustrated earlier. If anything, its a little bit bigger and more rugged. They did have submersibles like the ones you have shown but the shop did not recommend them. Neither Global House, nor the shop in town, recommended submersible pumps. Both shops said there were problems with the submersibles. Also, they need a larger borehole as most of the subs are 4" diameter, though some are only 3". Moreover, many of the subs are solar powered and need special control circuits and solar panels too at more expensive. The shop in town was adamant that the Mizani Deep Well pump was more than man enough for the job and would crack 30 metres without problems. Let's remember, as a family of 4 we only need about 500 to 600 litres a day. That will be pumped into a holding tank before being pumped into the house. From the above ground Hitachi pump I saw operating at the borehole 100 metres away, I would guess this type of pump can easily handle over a 1,000 litres an hour, more than we will ever need in just a day.

The Mizani pump looks something like the Mitsubshi pump .......................

WP-105ID_N.jpg

P.S. Larger bore holes, 3" plus, need a licence from the Town Hall and that can take for ever. A 4" submersible would probably need a 6" borehole and that would cost a lot more to sink than a 2" borehole.

First quarry has dropped 3 meters and you still have no water.:rolleyes:

อย่าประมาท .... !!! ระดับน้ำจากบ่อหินลดลงอย่างมากหลังระดมสูบน้ำมาตั้งแต่วันที่ 6 สิงหาคมที่ผ่านมา ในขณะที่น้ำเพิ่งเดินทางมาถึงโรงสูบประปาที่อ่างเก็บน้ำห้วยเสนง และยังมาในปริมาณที่น้อย ยังไงเราก็อย่าประมาทนะครับ หลายคนเห็นว่ามีบ่อน้ำมาเติมแล้วใช้น้ำสบายใจเลย .. นี่เป็นภาพล่าสุดจากบ่อน้ำครับ ลดลงมากว่า 3 เมตรแล้ว

ขอบคุณ ขอโทษที่ไปรบกวน คนที่ไม่ใช่ ถึงทำดีแทบตายก้อไร้ค่า

Don't be careless....!!! The water level from the stone pond has dropped a lot after the water pumping from August 6th. While the water just arrived at the plumbing factory at huai charming water basin, and also came in a little amount of how we are. Don't be careless. Many people see that there is a pond to fill it and use water to feel comfortable.. this is the latest photo from the pond. It has been less than 3 meters.

Thank you sorry for interrupting those who are not good at doing good things. They are worthless to death.
·
Rate this translation

A lot of these stone quarries are privately owned. I have heard that the private owners of the quarries are not too happy about giving their water supplies to the Municipal Water Authority. They are happy to provide water for the people of Surin but they are not happy that the Water Authority will make a large profit on the sale of water to the people. I have also heard that someone forecast 55 days supply before the quarries are dry. Looking at the pictures above I can see that water supplies are a very limited source. And then we will be into the dry season. Oooops.

I wonder how many rice paddies and irrigation canals does this water line project pass through...:mask:

I am aware of authorities looking very closely at the ground water availability aka water banks. What comes out of this is anyones guess.;)

At the building site they said the bore/water table was 30 meters deep.

The neighbours and friends that we know are still obtaining water using 8 metre suction pumps. Is it the bore that's 30 metres deep or the water table? Could be both but I'd be surprised.

Raining now here!

[Edit: stopped!]

The Surin Government Hospital is asking for drinking water donations. There was one hell of a pile of bottles at the entrance to the car park this afternoon.

Drought-struck Surin Hospital declares emergency
PUBLISHED : 9 AUG 2019 AT 16:19

WRITER: POST REPORTERS

c1_1727555_190809160246.jpg

Huay Saneng reservoir, the main source of tap water in Surin province, is at an all-time low. (Photo taken from @surin108 Facebook page)
SURIN: Surin Hospital declared an emergency on Friday, saying it was receiving only 10% of the water it requires to provide normal services, as the province continues to suffer from a severe drought.

The absence of rain has led to tap water drying up in Muang district, and Surin Hospital is now relying on help from other agencies to ease the shortage.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul was quick to issue an assurance that the water crisis will not compromise the hospital's medical and sanitation standards. Sanitiser gels and single-use gloves and surgical gowns were being used to cope with the water shortage.

Mr Anutin said he would visit the hospital to see the situation first hand, and what resources were available to ensure a steady supply of clean water.

Surin Hospital normally uses 800,000 to 1,000,000 litres of water each day. At present, only 80,000 litres, 10% of normal consumption, can be delivered by other agencies.

The water shortage in Muang district has persisted for about a month, with Huay Saneng reservoir, the main source for tap water production, at an all-time low level.

Local residents say tap water is at drip level, often very muddy, and in many areas available only a few hours each day.

Those living on the rim of the municipal area are under severe water rationing. They have to place buckets and earthen jars in front of their homes to be topped up by tanker trucks moving around the city. Some have to buy water from people quick to exploit the situation, at 300-400 baht per 1,000 litres.

Meanwhile, soldiers are assisting workers from the Provincial Waterworks Authority install a 12 kilometre long pipe to deliver water to Huay Saneng reservoir.

3286867.jpg

Residents of Surin's Muang district put containers in front of their houses, waiting for water trucks to arrive. (Photo taken from @108surin Facebook page)

3286871.jpg

(Photo taken from @surin108 Facebook page)

3286875.jpg

Tap water supplied to households in Surin's Muang district. (Photo by Nittaya Nattayai)

Huay Saneng reservoir, the main source of tap water production in Surin province, is at a record low level.(Video clip taken from @surin108 Facebook page)
Drought-struck Surin Hospital declares emergency
PUBLISHED : 9 AUG 2019 AT 16:19

Huay Saneng reservoir, the main source of tap water production in Surin province, is at a record low level.(Video clip taken from @surin108 Facebook page)
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailan...-JO89jZ2AU26JeO3QZY9RFfA0DgxEPGcxP0ZrqL3w6mkY

(double post within a post deleted by admin)

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's friend organised a red water truck from Lan Duam to deliver water to our soi this afternoon. Our tank is now full, thank you, as are the tanks of the other residents who had not received water previously. This was the first delivery for many of us in this part of Surin. An earlier delivery only supplied water to Government workers. Many of our neighbours had no water but they were deliberately ignored. Talk about a stitch up.

My wife's friend organised a red water truck from Lan Duam to deliver water to our soi this afternoon. Our tank is now full, thank you, as are the tanks of the other residents who had not received water previously. This was the first delivery for many of us in this part of Surin. An earlier delivery only supplied water to Government workers. Many of our neighbours had no water but they were deliberately ignored. Talk about a stitch up.
What is the word on schools?

Back