western kitchen

D

denis72

Hello,

Would you know if I can buy a western kitchen somewhere in Surin ?
6 big gas burners + electric oven + hood.
'Restaurant like' if possible.
Thanks,

Denis

Attachments

• gas-range-cooker-commercial-9005-3694545.jpg
    gas-range-cooker-commercial-9005-3694545.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2
You call that thing a Western Kitchen? Reminds me more of an Army mobile field kitchen suitable for catering for hundreds and not the usual family of four. To answer you question in a word - no! The unit you pictured looks more like a commercial cooking unit rather than domestic. I am not aware of any shops stocking commercial cookers in Surin.

Most domestic gas cooking appliances are available with either 2 or 3 ring burner assemblies. These are available as built-in or counter top units and available from places like HomePro, Thai Watsadu, IQ Modern trade (Eastern Surin) or Global House on the southern route. That said, I did see a 4 ring gas burner as part of a free standing oven and hob unit. Come to think of it, that oven may still be available in Thai Watsadu at about 27,000 Baht. Why not put 2 x 3 ring burners side-by-side? Each unit could have its own bottled gas supply.

As to ovens and hoods, yes there are many to choose from and supplied by the same outlets mentioned above. However, the extraction hoods are designed for the more usual 2 or 3 ring burners. A hood for the one you pictured would probably need to be a special manufacture job. Plenty of guys in Surin could knock up a stainless steel hood to your specification. Extraction motors and exhaust ducts can be bought from the DIY stores mentioned above.

P.S. If you 'Bing' "commercial cooking appliances Thailand" you will find a number of potential suppliers within Thailand, e.g. http://funfoodthailand.com/product-category/commercial-cooking-equipment/

Last edited:
This product is shown in the catalog I referenced above:

attachment.php

Not a bad match for what you are seeking.

By the way, as this is your first post why not introduce yourself as a new member. That way we will know a little more about you and we will be in a better position to assist any questions you may have.

Attachments

• FGS-76GO-254x254.jpg
    FGS-76GO-254x254.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1
Pattaya is most probably the answer - you will also find a selection of second hand shops there as well.

welcome aboard, Denis72

I hope the quick responses above proved helpful to your search.

Please let us know if the information above answered your query or if the Forum can be of or provide further assistance on your behalf. 10of10Score

Which part of Surin / Thailand will you be looking at placing your new kitchen ?
Any pics of the house or business where it would be placed possibly providing other Forum members with ideas for upgrades ?

Big cookers and hoods...

You call that thing a Western Kitchen? Reminds me more of an Army mobile field kitchen suitable for catering for hundreds and not the usual family of four. To answer you question in a word - no! The unit you pictured looks more like a commercial cooking unit rather than domestic. I am not aware of any shops stocking commercial cookers in Surin.

Most domestic gas cooking appliances are available with either 2 or 3 ring burner assemblies. These are available as built-in or counter top units and available from places like HomePro, Thai Watsadu, IQ Modern trade (Eastern Surin) or Global House on the southern route. That said, I did see a 4 ring gas burner as part of a free standing oven and hob unit. Come to think of it, that oven may still be available in Thai Watsadu at about 27,000 Baht. Why not put 2 x 3 ring burners side-by-side? Each unit could have its own bottled gas supply.

As to ovens and hoods, yes there are many to choose from and supplied by the same outlets mentioned above. However, the extraction hoods are designed for the more usual 2 or 3 ring burners. A hood for the one you pictured would probably need to be a special manufacture job. Plenty of guys in Surin could knock up a stainless steel hood to your specification. Extraction motors and exhaust ducts can be bought from the DIY stores mentioned above.

P.S. If you 'Bing' "commercial cooking appliances Thailand" you will find a number of potential suppliers within Thailand, e.g. http://funfoodthailand.com/product-category/commercial-cooking-equipment/

Can be bought at the 'Gas shop' on the Buriram road out of Surin; on the left, not far out, can't be more precise!

Can be bought at the 'Gas shop' on the Buriram road out of Surin; on the left, not far out, can't be more precise!

I know the place, Matt. I get my gas cylinders from there. Have never been to look around inside.

There is a girl there who speaks very good English, which is always a help!

Yes

I know the place, Matt. I get my gas cylinders from there. Have never been to look around inside.

There is a girl there who speaks very good English, which is always a help!

...that's the place; we bought an 'industrial' size extractor unit to take out the frying chilli smells from them!Cry3.

Thanks for answering.

You call that thing a Western Kitchen?
It was just an example, first picture I found when I Googled (I don't Bing). I saw my step family's kitchen and in comparison ANYTHING will look western.

Reminds me more of an Army mobile field kitchen suitable for catering for hundreds and not the usual family of four.
My wife has a huge family. Six large burners will not be enough but it's a start. I like comfort.

Most domestic gas cooking appliances are available with either 2 or 3 ring burner assemblies. These are available as built-in or counter top units and available from places like HomePro, Thai Watsadu, IQ Modern trade (Eastern Surin) or Global House on the southern route. That said, I did see a 4 ring gas burner as part of a free standing oven and hob unit. Come to think of it, that oven may still be available in Thai Watsadu at about 27,000 Baht. Why not put 2 x 3 ring burners side-by-side?
I don't want to have 3 kinds of everything : 3 gas cookers, 3 gas bottles and certainly not 3 wifes !
The wife already burned the first house down, imagine what she could do with 3 gas bottles. I will take a look at the 4 ring gas burner at Thai Watsadu, thanks !

Plenty of guys in Surin and Thailand pretend to be able to do anything. My wife's brother built our house. He did everything you must avoid to do when you built a house... The hood is not too important, we just wanted to have more or less the same comfy kitchen in Thailand that the one we have abroad.

Thanks for the link !

Last edited by a moderator:
This product is shown in the catalog I referenced above:

attachment.php

Not a bad match for what you are seeking.
You mean a very good match ! Thanks !

By the way, as this is your first post why not introduce yourself as a new member. That way we will know a little more about you and we will be in a better position to assist any questions you may have.
You're right, sorry about that. I just filled "My Profile".

I hope the quick responses above proved helpful to your search.

Please let us know if the information above answered your query or if the Forum can be of or provide further assistance on your behalf. 10of10Score
Very fast answers, thanks ! Now I am waiting to be in Surin to visit all the shops mentioned in this thread.

Which part of Surin / Thailand will you be looking at placing your new kitchen ?
The village is 10 kilometer east of Surin on road 226. We are waiting that my brother in law who built our house decides when he will build an extra room to have a kitchen...Crazy1

Last edited by a moderator:
Very fast answers, thanks ! Now I am waiting to be in Surin to visit all the shops mentioned in this thread.

The village is 10 kilometer east of Surin. We are waiting that my brother in law who built our house decides when he will build an extra room to have a kitchen...Crazy1

From the sound of it (last house burnt down) ---possibly best to put the kitchen outside of the enclosed home.

Many Thai homes have their kitchens and gas outside (totally apart from living quarters) to easily ventilate cooking fumes without heating up the living areas.

Might be an idea that can be very easily accomplished by your B-I-L.

The village is 10 kilometer east of Surin. We are waiting that my brother in law who built our house decides when he will build an extra room to have a kitchen...Crazy1

Aaah! You are living close to Wombat territory. He's about 10 kilometers east of Surin. Just for the record my wife's village is a little further out, about 25 kilometers out from Surin towards Sikhoraphum and then 10 kilometers north of the 226. However, I was not brave enough to live 'village style' and live on the eastern outskirts of Surin, very close to Robinson's.

Hello,

Would you know if I can buy a western kitchen somewhere in Surin ?
6 big gas burners + electric oven + hood.
'Restaurant like' if possible.
Thanks,

Denis

77,000 Baht apparently.

Back